Chips
I am sure that to go all in, in response to such aggressive actions

Svyat66556

Svyat66556

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACE King and AA need to play with caution, but with aggression. But if you are the one who makes a raise or re-raise with AK, you can force the enemy to fall c pocket pairs. if the flop is 7 7 5 the need to act aggressively raise 3BB. if he does call or raise, then the enemy probably is something there, and it is not to be missed from the calculation. or is he just a maniac

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
many people, many situation flop Q,8,2>bet>call>turn 8 and allin>call and he had J,8

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play how you play

you know what cards and draws make you feel comfortable. So how you play it is the right play. I would try and sneak play it with it being early and EP. Those donkys make me scared til I see how they are working their cards. also many ppl play on their stack sized and stick with the numbers. If the bets to high they fold if they actually dont have it. some bullsy guys might call to river but still fold on the river. its those guys i don't get but when they do it you gotta thank em for sure.

D

Dajamo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise, raise, and raise some more. Get it all in if you can at any cost pre-flop.
AK not suited can be a bit iffy if 4 and 5 bet start coming off pre flop. Generally you have to hit to win. Not many people are 4 and 5 betting AQ or worse, generally QQ and up you will find people 4 and 5 betting pre flop. At least in my experience of low level MTTs

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise, raise, and raise some more. Get it all in if you can at any cost pre-flop.
AK not suited can be a bit iffy if 4 and 5 bet start coming off pre flop. Generally you have to hit to win. Not many people are 4 and 5 betting AQ or worse, generally QQ and up you will find people 4 and 5 betting pre flop. At least in my experience of low level MTTs

5 or many times 4 or 3 bet are rly often with cards like 55 or AQ and this is allin. You can call with AK,QQ but sometimes you get flip or dominate your hand.

J

jokr23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Im usually in the situation where I'm starting a hand like AK, AA, KK at the beginning of a tournament (freerolls and small buy ins) from EP and I wonder what is the correct play here...

I like to raise usually 4x-6x from EP with AK, AA, KK, usually I get someone shoving. Or either calling my raise then shoving on the flop.

With AK on a 7 7 5 board I usually fold, but with AA, KK to me its a call no matter what. (or even a shove on the flop)

Im guessing this is the correct play? Remember that this is the beginning of a tournament and I don't have much of a read on people.

To me it looks like the right play. I think I agree with others that 3 x the big blind would be the better way to see how people are doing.

Ckopoxod

Ckopoxod

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Im usually in the situation where I'm starting a hand like AK, AA, KK at the beginning of a tournament (freerolls and small buy ins) from EP and I wonder what is the correct play here...

I like to raise usually 4x-6x from EP with AK, AA, KK, usually I get someone shoving. Or either calling my raise then shoving on the flop.

With AK on a 7 7 5 board I usually fold, but with AA, KK to me its a call no matter what. (or even a shove on the flop)

Im guessing this is the correct play? Remember that this is the beginning of a tournament and I don't have much of a read on people.
In the start of tournament: bet, 3bet,4bet. I can limp preflop AK only for 3bet opponents, AA KK will be 4bet. Never limp AA KK preflop NEVER!

warface

warface

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With these hands of monsters, we must always be to increase the rate at any stage of the tournament.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me in Early tournament fold AK when the floop is 775 its already correc.. you have nothing information about your oppnent yet.. if he donk maybe he have 7 or 5 but if he a good player and he shove its maybe he hold some pocket higher than 7 and 5.. so im gonna do same.. fold

sorry for my english

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me in Early tournament fold AK when the floop is 775 its already correc.. you have nothing information about your oppnent yet.. if he donk maybe he have 7 or 5 but if he a good player and he shove its maybe he hold some pocket higher than 7 and 5.. so im gonna do same.. fold

sorry for my english

true, same situation like you had AK and flop AK7 and you don't think about 77 opponent hand, you must push...

T

telesmenegueles

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have AA or KK you have to push hard and opening to five bet or higher because if you make 3BB or less, maybe you can lose to marginal hands.

StuffBarnaul

StuffBarnaul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

AA KK - push. Very good chances to double and beginning: unlucky - next tour )
AK - more agressive, play as medium overpair

D

Danc1u

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its ok to make a 5-6xbet...if the blinds are 10-20 ofc u`l make at lest 100 with AA or KK,with AK not so much cuz in the begining of a tournament the ppl will ply all the connector...6-7,8-9 S and all those hands and u`l have a very low chance with AK in a 3 or 4 way hand,u can even be beeten by an A with a lower kicker,try play AK like usual and let the board decide if u continue with that hand :) Gl

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually with these hands at the beginning of a tournament never equal an all in I prefer to fold depending on my position I raise a little bet, to look at the flop and the changes that occur at the table with the movements of the players. I do not want to be left out so fast because I think I have the best starting hand

P

PeteyPablo3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not А not К not fall out and the cocoa-steam 2 2 will win(999

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not А not К not fall out and the cocoa-steam 2 2 will win(999

3 minutes ago i allin KK and man call with T,7 suited and get flush.
freerolls and small buy in turn play too much idiots and they play some like lottery...

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA simple raise. The rest depends on the position

Z

ZaXXoR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

only thing is your open size is fine if everyone is 200 bb deep but 75-180bb i'd do like 3.5x and 50 just a standard 2.5x

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
only thing is your open size is fine if everyone is 200 bb deep but 75-180bb i'd do like 3.5x and 50 just a standard 2.5x
I don't mind the 4x pre-flop raise, but nothing higher than that.
As for the flop, if you're first to bet flop, c-bet about 1/2 pot, even if the board is paired, If you really think about it, what are your opponents calling you with pre-flop, could they have hit that board?, probably not, but if you don't make that c-bet, you're are basically telling the table, "Hey, I give up, make your bet so I can fold".

vandenenden

vandenenden

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it completely changes how you're gonna play those hands when you're in a freeroll. Early in a tournament I'll call the BB with AK if nobody has raised yet because the number of people that just all in and hope for the best is very high. I dont wanna make a raise and end up folding and losing 4x the chips because some donk went all in with 4-4 and have him end up hitting it. Its an excellent starting hand but its way too risky going all-in pre-flop when the tourneys just started. Just dont get frustrated, I find playing freerolls is really good practice for maintaining composure because of all the poor play.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it completely changes how you're gonna play those hands when you're in a freeroll. Early in a tournament I'll call the BB with AK if nobody has raised yet because the number of people that just all in and hope for the best is very high. I dont wanna make a raise and end up folding and losing 4x the chips because some donk went all in with 4-4 and have him end up hitting it. Its an excellent starting hand but its way too risky going all-in pre-flop when the tourneys just started. Just dont get frustrated, I find playing freerolls is really good practice for maintaining composure because of all the poor play.
Of course it completely changes in a freeroll but with all due respect, if you're playing a freeroll, you obviously could use some help with proper bet sizing to prepare you for real cash games, after all most freerollers are just learning the game.
You want the donks to push shit, you hope they will, You will lose some but win more in the long run, as long as your playing confident poker.
It may be just a freeroll, but a freeroller who is serious about poker will transition into micro games and therefore the advice is sound.