AK, AA, KK from EP at the beginning of a MTT

mcgregor_415

mcgregor_415

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping is out of question on preflop. I would play it 3-4 BB or even direct preflop shove in freeroll or small buy in/turbo with AA/KK.

AK is different story. You may call all in with it preflop on the early levels at low buy-in tourneys, but against serious players it will cost you much.

Senneville

Senneville

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in that situation I limp more then I raise. If so I'm calling or fold if someone call all in. Going all inpreflop you need AA or KK and not pushing QQ or JJ. Yesterday night in local game a crazy guy ( dont know if drunk or any other susbtance) call all raise pot or raise in any position. Of course he is the big stack of the table because is luck is on is side. I raise in mid position with 88 he reraise 2x my raise. I have 4 BB so I shoved. He had 3-4D. He just call my raise for the fun he said. And I bust because he hit a straight on the flop. All this action is before the flop. Next time in live session for sure I will not raise this type of player.

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
keep calm and wait for aces!

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in that situation I limp more then I raise. If so I'm calling or fold if someone call all in. Going all inpreflop you need AA or KK and not pushing QQ or JJ. Yesterday night in local game a crazy guy ( dont know if drunk or any other susbtance) call all raise pot or raise in any position. Of course he is the big stack of the table because is luck is on is side. I raise in mid position with 88 he reraise 2x my raise. I have 4 BB so I shoved. He had 3-4D. He just call my raise for the fun he said. And I bust because he hit a straight on the flop. All this action is before the flop. Next time in live session for sure I will not raise this type of player.

sometimes you get bad bit, but your play with this hand and this opponent was good i think

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
AA KK I play it with the usual 3x or 4x raise , I pray for them not to get cracked by sets or magic combinations , the more players the more chances to be cracked .
I don't know if I should be betting aggressively , but generally , I try to keep low the pot if I have been just called so as if I lose to have soem chips at the end . But if I have the chance to reraise/be reraised , then it's far easier for me to raise the pot and bet big , even for stack , in position the better .
But off position and without reraises and with many V's in the pot , I try to keep the pot low , don't know if the passive strategy is right , that's what I do , I feel it's too early to play aggressively , the blinds/bets are too low (ofcourse there is the option to raise too much , sometimes at the micros you get called , even preflop all in , I have tried it ).
AK is easy to be played , dependingly on how many saw the flop, the position , the flop texture , I don't get married to it , I am ready to fold it . But I read to learn ways to get better to play better these hands .

O

OgnianMikov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I open all these hands 3-4x at early stages of the tournament, but the key is not to be marry them postflop. As it's the beginning of the tourney there will be plenty of nice spots to benefit from weak players. Still, a shove on 577 I would rarely fold AA, KK. In my practice I've seen too many scenarios where they show a 5, an open ender, overpair, even a hand as week as 44, 34 etc.

DontAskWh

DontAskWh

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello,
If your hand is AK , and you opening with 3BB , and then someone is calling you , and the board is 775 , and you check , and the opponent making raise , then I suggest to you to call to see the turn , and to look what he will do on the turn.
AA or KK on a board 775 , I suggest to play with call , and you can play with check-raise on the flop , but better play call , and check-raise the turn is looks better, and you will get some chips from him.
Thanks.

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Hello,
If your hand is AK , and you opening with 3BB , and then someone is calling you , and the board is 775 , and you check , and the opponent making raise , then I suggest to you to call to see the turn , and to look what he will do on the turn.
AA or KK on a board 775 , I suggest to play with call , and you can play with check-raise on the flop , but better play call , and check-raise the turn is looks better, and you will get some chips from him.
Thanks.

sometimes call big raise like 1/3 your stack or more is hard. After this call your fold on turn or river is bad.

D

daluby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a free roll you just push it in and people will call. Not sure about a money tourney

AjsmenX

AjsmenX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like limping also.. I think you have to be agressive always.. AA , KK jam if you got reraised ,depends of situation.. But try to study your opponents play and sometimes it's not bad idea to fold AK,AQ preflop if someone jams

N

Niksic007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was making a tongue-in-cheek remark. The point is, as long as you aren't raising 10xbb when you have AA and 2bb when you don't, they can't know that you have AA/KK/AK. So really there are few possibilities... you are over-exaggerating how often people fold to your raises, or perhaps you are playing so tightly that when you do raise people get out of the way, etc.
If they are generally folding a lot, you should loosen up and steal more blinds until you are played back at... then you can tighten up a bit and play better hands for value.
If they are calling a lot, then you should get action on your premiums just fine and if they happen to fold, it just means they didn't have a hand .

Z

ZingyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
your comment about x5-x6 tells me you are overbetting your hand, which easily profiles the hand and gives people a very good idea of your range. You want your bet sizes to be based on information that the table can see, and not based on the the strength of your cards. This "robotic" approach prevents observant villains from determining your hand strength based on bet size.
I agree with other comments, far better to standard raise (x3-x4) with these hands, and getting it in on the flop. (esp with KK, since an Ace high flop with even 1 villain USUALLY means your kings are dead)

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big bet and shove with kings and aces. AK you can play a little lighter and just call and fold on the flop if miss.

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big bet and shove with kings and aces. AK you can play a little lighter and just call and fold on the flop if miss.

You push with KK if you see some A on flop and your opponent call big raise preflop?

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respect that you push with this type of cards to a beginning of the match but I prefer to treat them with much care since many of the players will equal a bet with trash hand and do not be surprised if they take you with a 25 37 810 5j of different suit, podrias Take a surprise and leave very early in a tournament, as tumdices is too early to observe players so in case of all in abandon and analyze better situations when you are more comfortable at the table

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very often, people on the board 775 will include slow-playing. So you need to play pot control, if your opponent called your bet on the preflop and then doing same on the flop.

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respect that you push with this type of cards to a beginning of the match but I prefer to treat them with much care since many of the players will equal a bet with trash hand and do not be surprised if they take you with a 25 37 810 5j of different suit, podrias Take a surprise and leave very early in a tournament, as tumdices is too early to observe players so in case of all in abandon and analyze better situations when you are more comfortable at the table

true many time :/
if you have good board push. if not you should play check/call/fold

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Play them aggressive 5 x bb and proceed with caution the more players see the flop or if the texture of the flop is in opponents range.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bet 3bbs and if someone goes all in call and if there are several players who call and u miss the flop dont try to bluff

kenzohim

kenzohim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play 15 x AK hands at pokerstars today!
Only win 3 without show down
Coin flop lose x5 (Q's n J's)
2 win
5 x Bad beat a 4 /a5

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA, KK, AK not the first time I've seen that after all-in rivals open 35, 7T, 4T and flop trips sets, river straights are coming.. For myself I realized all-in with AA is not the best chance to 3-bet (push) fold...

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA, KK you must max push. Sometimes you get bad bit but rare...

R

Roblandinho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
next time KK broken :/
bad beat...