I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello players!
The world of poker is like the "sea" no matter how much you study and keep up to date, it's always on the move.
In my opinion and in the face of various reports from professionals and studies I decided to adopt a very aggressive posture. However I'm not sure if being aggressive is so advantageous, I have noticed the increase in players who play in a very passive way entering several hands of lmp and flat and adopting a calling station with draws but also doing slow play with the premium range, "bringing a balance of range in this sense.
I would like to know your opinion and also ask what is the best way to play against calling stations and slow players?

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything you say is true, but how to meet all the players when playing online is impossible. I am not a great player, I speak for my results but in each tournament, in each hand you will find opponents that you don't even know how they are going to play. Throughout my experience I see poker as a tetrk you have to order the pieces if you make a mistake in a hand you have to rearrange the pieces to reach the end

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything you say is true, but how to meet all the players when playing online is impossible. I am not a great player, I speak for my results but in each tournament, in each hand you will find opponents that you don't even know how they are going to play. Throughout my experience I see poker as a tetrk you have to order the pieces if you make a mistake in a hand you have to rearrange the pieces to reach the end

yes it is true, but the question: how to play against passive callingstations?

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tend to find that betting the river after firing on stop and turn is important they will tend to call your first two bets and hope you shut down on the river

V

vsausto1990

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play slow and passive and I've called the first two bet and almost always fold on the river with less than 2 pair so betting all 3 streets sometimes is crucial

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have that kind of opponent, you need to bet strong, and bet only when you have hand, no bluffing, those people call you with their third pair. It’s a only way. Every thing else leads to loosing chips.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aggression wins in poker. That is why TAG and LAG are considered playing styles but there is no "passive " playing style. If you are limping, calling a lot, and making minimum bets, it does catch up with you. You certainly aren't winning. Strong players are going to exploit this.

When you see players limping on 4-5 hands an orbit you just need to bet your hands. The math will take care of them, but you really need to use caution.

LAG is a style because if you have AK the villain is 40/60. Pretty close to a coin flip. While you could feel "i finally got him" you do run the risk of running into things like a weak 2 pair, low flush, or odd straight.

It certainly is always better to play your normal game and normal betting lines you have success with rather than change when facing one certain player.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to play slow and passive and I've called the first two bet and almost always fold on the river with less than 2 pair so betting all 3 streets sometimes is crucial

Well this has not worked for me, I usually use the 3 barrel

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have that kind of opponent, you need to bet strong, and bet only when you have hand, no bluffing, those people call you with their third pair. It’s a only way. Every thing else leads to loosing chips.

It makes sense, but either way they force you to keep your range out of balance ... that's pretty bad.
So you draw the move for them ... you never play and when you enter aggressive and with very high sizes they give up ... I still see more advantage in playing like them ...

C

colino17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would tone down the aggression against calling stations. Bet for value when you have something. Check it down when you don't. If you're going to bluff do it on the river when they know they don't have any more cards coming to save them.

dominisantus

dominisantus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest, I completely agree with Colino17
Such players do not know the fold option, so you need to play against them with your premium hands, and get to the maximum, on all the streets. The main thing is to determine such a player correctly, and disciplinedly monitor what you are going to play with.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello players!
The world of poker is like the "sea" no matter how much you study and keep up to date, it's always on the move.
In my opinion and in the face of various reports from professionals and studies I decided to adopt a very aggressive posture. However I'm not sure if being aggressive is so advantageous, I have noticed the increase in players who play in a very passive way entering several hands of lmp and flat and adopting a calling station with draws but also doing slow play with the premium range, "bringing a balance of range in this sense.
I would like to know your opinion and also ask what is the best way to play against calling stations and slow players?

Just about calling stations, as I really hate to play against them, even they pay out, but they are the ones whose take me down on the river most often. As I did not really have better idea, if I already know about an opponent for sure, that he is coming even for 2-4 outs till the river, I play totally differently, try to put him allin, as soon as possible, even with a top pair, do not mention if I have nuts. Raise nearly pot, sometimes even over that, as most of the time they put me for bluff or just have no idea about probability, generally the game, or who knows whatever else they think. It works fine, I lose the same percentage against them, but they really pay out, I can double up on them, not only win a small part of their stack.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest, I completely agree with Colino17
Such players do not know the fold option, so you need to play against them with your premium hands, and get to the maximum, on all the streets. The main thing is to determine such a player correctly, and disciplinedly monitor what you are going to play with.

Yes, but in the same way it is still complicated, because even playing premium hands like AA KK QQ you will not always be winning along the streets. So it is a complicated situation to play aggressively still.
Because you will not bluff, while they are looking at all the flops. When you enter with force they can simply give up on account of your image.
(unbalanced range)
And yet there is the question that they may also be playing slow with good hands like two pair and flop sets. Very complicated

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just about calling stations, as I really hate to play against them, even they pay out, but they are the ones whose take me down on the river most often. As I did not really have better idea, if I already know about an opponent for sure, that he is coming even for 2-4 outs till the river, I play totally differently, try to put him allin, as soon as possible, even with a top pair, do not mention if I have nuts. Raise nearly pot, sometimes even over that, as most of the time they put me for bluff or just have no idea about probability, generally the game, or who knows whatever else they think. It works fine, I lose the same percentage against them, but they really pay out, I can double up on them, not only win a small part of their stack.

Yes true. Thank you for your message!

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aggressive poker game means that you will place bets and rearrange the bets of other players when you have an advantage over them. Advantage means you have stronger cards, better position, or experience. Aggression in poker works for you only when you use it in a sober mind and carefully choose the right situations for it.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In my opinion there is no precise scheme to eliminate calling stations - they usually do it themselves. The tight aggressive player will only play premium hands anyway and they will also play them aggressively with high raises or 3-bets preflop and sufficiently large bets on flop, turn and river. The loose aggressive players have a wider hand range and also play medium pairs, connectors and suited connectors in the right context. Finally when a calling station pays all bets on the flop, turn and river with - for example - bottom pair will certainly lose all chips against opponents top pair at some time, the same will happen if they play with suited cards and running for a flush which does not happen always, they lose their all-in bluff on the river against opponents top pair, 2 pairs or a flopped set. A calling station may win a lot of chips in the early phase by gambling or bluffing but lose all chips later if not being able to change the style of play.

R

riclambmann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to play both sometimes, react to your opulent!

R

riclambmann

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I World say it is much harder today.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything must be balanced, and it is necessary to select chances and opponents for aggression and for loose play.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never bluff against a calling station and hold back with semi-bluffs. Your opponent folds too seldom. If you have a good hand then bet. Don't play on bluffinduce because the calling station rarely bluffs. Bet with medium-strong hands because the calling station often finds a reason to call with even worse hands. Play your draws passively because the calling station often gives you free cards. When the calling station raises it usually has a monster.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With an aggressive style of play you often win a lot of small pots, but you also lose a large pot if you often overplay your cards. No Limit is a game that lives from an aggressive style of play. But you have to choose carefully the situation in which you play aggressively. Play tight but when you play play aggressively.

B

Becote12

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play the same way, always in balance, but it is very difficult to hold the t

Tudo o que você diz é verdade, mas como conhecer todos os jogadores quando joga online é impossível. Eu não sou um grande jogador, falo pelos meus resultados, mas em cada torneio, em cada mão você vai encontrar adversários que você nem sabe como eles vão jogar. Ao longo da minha experiência eu vejo o poker como um tetrk você tem que pedir as peças se você cometer um erro em uma mão você tem que reorganizar as peças para chegar ao final
I try to play the same way, always in balance, but it is very difficult to hold the tilt, when I take a bad beat

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With an aggressive style of play you often win a lot of small pots, but you also lose a large pot if you often overplay your cards. No Limit is a game that lives from an aggressive style of play. But you have to choose carefully the situation in which you play aggressively. Play tight but when you play play aggressively.

Thanks for the answers! Simple and true!

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, poker hasn’t changed much in years.It has long been a fact that only aggressive play is profitable.When you meet a lot of passive players, you only play aggressively against them!

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of my biggest problems is not opening my range and three betting more late in tournaments.

The damn thing is I know I should do it, but have the hardest time pulling the trigger.