Aggressive Players vs Loose passive

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i also love to play aggressive . but the problem is that i get sucked out by 1-4 outers so often etc. that i have become a scared and cautious player

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I am not a very aggressive player, although I think that I play aggressive or passive depending on each situation and with my little experience I do not think it is convenient to always play aggressive many times I choose how to play when I have a certain time playing against the same players, my strategy against this type of player is to be patient, wait for the right moment and follow my instincts

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion there is no precise scheme to eliminate calling stations - they usually do it themselves. The tight aggressive player will only play premium hands anyway and they will also play them aggressively with high raises or 3-bets preflop and sufficiently large bets on flop, turn and river. The loose aggressive players have a wider hand range and also play medium pairs, connectors and suited connectors in the right context. Finally when a calling station pays all bets on the flop, turn and river with - for example - bottom pair will certainly lose all chips against opponents top pair at some time, the same will happen if they play with suited cards and running for a flush which does not happen always, they lose their all-in bluff on the river against opponents top pair, 2 pairs or a flopped set. A calling station may win a lot of chips in the early phase by gambling or bluffing but lose all chips later if not being able to change the style of play.
yes I understand your point of view and it is valid, but remember you are having a very one-sided view, TAG players will also make the same move with some bluffs using your image, so soon it is not the style that should vary but the balance between values ​​and bluff in the style he plays, when you change your style of play it will be easier for you to fumble with what you are doing than to fiddle with your opponent. The same is true for LAG players, they will actually have a wider range of hands that will enter, but the values ​​they will play in the same way is what makes opponents confuse and not change the style. For example, a lag player increases all the time playing against me, when he decides to play passively I already notice that there is something wrong and I give up on the hand, I think you should better evaluate your reading about players, do not confuse LAG with fish or TAG with NIT think that improving the identification of your opponents will make your life much easier. And the question that does not want to be silenced how to play against calling staions?:)

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a very aggressive player, although I think that I play aggressive or passive depending on each situation and with my little experience I do not think it is convenient to always play aggressive many times I choose how to play when I have a certain time playing against the same players, my strategy against this type of player is to be patient, wait for the right moment and follow my instincts

I understand is valid. but I leave my opinion on changing style in a reply above for our other friend to read if interested. Just an idea follow your instincts to never give up to pay or jam:D

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A valuable skill is too learn how to be both, as the situation dictates. You can easily "trick" people into believing you are a loose canon, and then switch gears.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello players!
The world of poker is like the "sea" no matter how much you study and keep up to date, it's always on the move.
In my opinion and in the face of various reports from professionals and studies I decided to adopt a very aggressive posture. However I'm not sure if being aggressive is so advantageous, I have noticed the increase in players who play in a very passive way entering several hands of lmp and flat and adopting a calling station with draws but also doing slow play with the premium range, "bringing a balance of range in this sense.
I would like to know your opinion and also ask what is the best way to play against calling stations and slow players?

In my opinion, it will be correct to adjust to the apponet . It is this quality that allows you to mislead him and eventually outplay him sooner or later..For example, when he will think that you are bluffing and in fact not. Aggression still has to come if you want to win the tournament .:)

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the main thing is to understand how to play further on the board and use your style in +, if you see that your style is profitable, use it!

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello players!
The world of poker is like the "sea" no matter how much you study and keep up to date, it's always on the move.
In my opinion and in the face of various reports from professionals and studies I decided to adopt a very aggressive posture. However I'm not sure if being aggressive is so advantageous, I have noticed the increase in players who play in a very passive way entering several hands of lmp and flat and adopting a calling station with draws but also doing slow play with the premium range, "bringing a balance of range in this sense.
I would like to know your opinion and also ask what is the best way to play against calling stations and slow players?

Good day!
I think it's best to play against phone players with a good hand and postflop, when you hit the table well, catch and squeeze the most out of them!
Against passive players, it is more loose to play, since they will still defend little and fold cards.
Good luck at the tables!:)

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The aggressive regular to your left will always have a big advantage over you in each hand, as he will act last. In other words, he will first see your action before accepting his own.
You will make all your decisions blindly, without the slightest understanding of how your opponent will react. And this is too big a handicap for your opponent to overcome.
Moreover, you will not play against fish, but against another reg, who will probably be not very far from you in terms of skill level, and therefore, your edge will be minimal.
Once you start playing with regs, you will forget about the main reason why you are sitting at this table, because of the fish! And this is a disaster.
Thus, with all of the above, it is very important to be able to maintain calm and sanity and avoid the so-called "reg wars". Even if you win one battle, you will still lose the entire war.