66, 77, 88, with limpers?

kddy

kddy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
low pairs against limpers, that's the hardest thing to play, I prefer either to send all-in if I'm in position, or call and make a decision on the flop

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with 30bb it would play to crack, if it does not hit and nobody bets talez would bluff, but if someone bet they probably fold.

C

ChatPro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends, I would ask, that line is best in this situation, for example, on the button with 66 77 88, with one or two limpers, all are between 35 and 40 bb, it is best to call, or better option to rol x4, x5 or x6, I try to steal chips or insulate against a player.
They believe it is the best move?

gI :D

It depends on the opponents that limped. Are they weak players who limp and fold, or are they players that want to trap by limping.
If they are weak you should raise and make them fold.
If they want to trap you, call hoping to make a set and eliminate them.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friends, I would ask, that line is best in this situation, for example, on the button with 66 77 88, with one or two limpers, all are between 35 and 40 bb, it is best to call, or better option to rol x4, x5 or x6, I try to steal chips or insulate against a player.
They believe it is the best move?

gI :D

If you, by any chance ever find a definitive answer, please share with me first! :)
I am guessing there is reasoning behind all of the possibilities, even folding. However, it will depend on the tournament type, stack size, and IMO, mostly on the players that limped. I have seen too many crazy calls from limpers online, to raise on the BU lightly, also, if I just limp, I would see overcards quite often and eventually fold, while folding pre is pretty bad considering the pot odds.
Tbh, answer to the question should be something like: choose whatever you feel is the lesser evil and just play with it.
GL with these spots Je :)

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you, by any chance ever find a definitive answer, please share with me first! :)
I am guessing there is reasoning behind all of the possibilities, even folding. However, it will depend on the tournament type, stack size, and IMO, mostly on the players that limped. I have seen too many crazy calls from limpers online, to raise on the BU lightly, also, if I just limp, I would see overcards quite often and eventually fold, while folding pre is pretty bad considering the pot odds.
Tbh, answer to the question should be something like: choose whatever you feel is the lesser evil and just play with it.
GL with these spots Je :)
Hi, Bozovic :), you're right, there are many possibilities, and depends on many factors such as type of tournament, etc.
gl mate:cool:

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limpers small pocket pairs

In some cases worth limping with peers 66 77 88 mainly pre bubble itm against aggressive villains

Compensates play limp and the flop help release a new bet

In the beginning of the tournament and more than 20 BB's do not see the limp as a good move but a cold call to a raise or 3 bet

:jd4:mateuspoker