5-minute break, good or bad?

Porras2424

Porras2424

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Better known old minutes than new ones to know, so it has always been played and I stand perfect at 5 when I reach the game hour to restructure my strategy for the second hour, and when I reach 3 hours of the tournament, a break of 15 minutes ,,,, of course taking into account that we are alive and well positioned to face the final stretch ,,, Time a never ending dilemma, we have to worry about staying alive and kicking ,,, good luck with the times of rest ,,,, take it easy ... luck ,,

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is perfect. Any longer people might get mad any shorter people might get mad.

D

Deeznutzzzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
5 minutes is perfect. Just enough time to stretch, eat and take care of business. Any longer would be to much.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A break is always a good thing....

Except when .... ya know ...late Saturday night and you're with.....

Oh NEVER MIND!

Thank you for listening!!

Tell Tammi I want a Date. : )

..bluff...

:)

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think 5 minutes is perfect. But, it would be a good idea to have a 10-15 mins break every 4hs or so..

If you've been playing 4 hours you're probably in the money, so why would you want a long break? There are two day tournaments on pokerstars.

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you've been playing 4 hours you're probably in the money, so why would you want a long break? There are two day tournaments on PokerStars.

Oh no, what I meant is to have a longer break every 4hs, not just for a single tournament...

All rooms have 5 mins breaks at :55 to the hour. So it would be good to know you have a longer break at X hour, let say 5 PM in example (and 9PM, 1AM, 5AM, etc...)

Regular MTTs players have 8hs or longer sessions sometimes, and 5 mins are not enough to do some things.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Those 5 minutes of rest every hour in the tournaments ... they are totally necessary ... it allows us to go to the bathroom ... take a phone call, get up to have a cup of coffee ... walk a little ... anyway ... they are necessary ...

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah I think it’s necessary a good chance to clear your head for a few.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very productive the break. Opportunity to have a drink, or have a snack, or go to the bathroom. I consider it appropriate.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

rest is necessary to relax or lower the tension of the game and rethink new strategies to continue clearer greetings

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Breaks are needed... food, drink, pee :) 5 minutes is perfect.

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time to go to toilet or take a drink all in all ok sometimes i hate the breaks

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hey!!!
Everyone needs a break!
10 mins would be even better than 5

:D
gl gl gl

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello friends, for me, 5 minutes are perfect, standing up, going to the bathroom, I think more would be a lot ... :D

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5 minutes is ok until you reach 2 or 3 hours of play in tournaments. After that i think everyone needs more at least half hour to relax the mind and the body and do anything else that is needed so you can be fresh again and start playing for three more hours.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but this playstyle variation can happen before the break.

But I would like them to have a no break tournament under the name Nobreak and with varying blind times to get the feeling of survival.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The break is welcome, I get up, I move a little, I go to the bathroom, I get a cold beer :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a big fan of the 5 minute break and I only wish that every site did the break at 55 after.

C

Chel_nv

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in general, it's good that there is a break, as it helps to relieve some tension and make coffee, but it would be great if a little break is increased, for example, once every 2 hours to take a break of 10 minutes to have time to apply and warm up food, because the tournament lasts at least 4 hours or even more.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
How can you not have a break every now and then? All poker tournaments - live and online need to have breaks because everyone is a slave to their bodily function biology as well as needing just a few minutes to stretch or grab some nutritional sustenance.

Back in the early days of online poker when tournament breaks weren't synchronized, it was mayhem and such mayhem birthed the necessity for the pee bottle or pee jug but, honestly, who would ever want to do that again....

smpolak

smpolak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With online poker I can take my mobile device or tablet anywhere, and still play poker. So I can be in the bathroom, cooking dinner, in bed, out for a walk or any other activity. I’ve done it all it doesn’t stop me. I don’t care if they have any breaks at all.