MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
After every hour there is a break, at my pace of play that affects me because even when I am understanding the type of play of the opponents at my table, that break makes me lose focus and return to collect new data because in the end some players come back with another way of playing, I put it in consideration of you, good or bad break.

In my opinion, this is a generally accepted rule, a break is necessary, and if you lose focus during each break, you are probably doing something wrong, and this is purely your problem.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Breaks are good and very much needed.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think breaks are needed to refresh the body and mind. If you don't like taking a break use the time to go over your hand history or look at the notes that you do have on the players at your tables.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I would describe the 5 min as essential

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would like to see the breaks be shorter. 3 min is better in my opinion but as long as its not longer than 5 Min its OK with me. I do wish they had a option to end breaks early if everyone agrees at the final table. Nothing worse than being heads up and just about out or just about to win and need to waste 5 min waiting to end the tournament.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, five minutes is little, it should be 10 minutes, you can't even smoke a cigarette, especially in long tournaments.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A break of five minutes it is a good thing. It is for all the players at the same time! It is needed because we can rest for a while and this is very valuable. You cannot play for hours without a break!:angel:

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you that 5 minutes is not enough time. You only have time to walk to the toilet, or to the refrigerator and look into it. I can't really sleep either - I just closed my eyes - and I have to open them right away. It makes me nervous. The level of the game drops and I get less cache. But breaks are needed otherwise the eyes start to leak out. The ass becomes oak.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. It gives me time to go and to get a cup of coffee.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
If you think that playing without a break will be better, then you are wrong. But you can just play cash games and then you can take a break when it's convenient for you.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
good obviously. people need the opportunity to use restroom, grab food/drinks ect. or just a min to stand up and walk around to get blood flowing.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interval is very important. I believe this change you mentioned is not that big.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good for those that need it. Im on break the whole time while playing. I workout and do all kinds of stuff if there slow goin players and whatnot. Good luck on the tables.

C

Colleydawg31

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
bathroom

Its necessary for my blatter ! plus getting something to drink.

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All on equal terms. Someone is eager to fight, and someone needs rest. Therefore, it is necessary to learn to adapt and tune in to a high-quality game. It's not easy, but there's no other way.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 minute break is very cool, you can get distracted by going to the toilet, make tea and a million other little things, as well as distract from poker for a while, maybe negative or tilt 5 minute break is the best thing in competitive poker

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The breaks are needed, your body is not meant for sitting down over long periods of time. You need the breaks to get the blow flowing properly again, stretch and drink fluids to stay hydrated. Long periods of sitting can lead to blood clots and other health issues long term. I approve of the breaks with online card sites every hour. It's necessary.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My only problem with the break is it's too short. There's not even time to grab a bite to eat. 7-8 minutes would be more appropriate in my opinion. Everyone uses it as a bathroom break. That extra 2-3 minutes would give enough time to use the restroom real quick, pop something in the microwave for a couple minutes and be ready to go with food in hand at the restart.

DaaBee

DaaBee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Change posture

5 minutes in every hour should be spent away from the screen, but it's also important to make sure you change posture regularly, refocus eyes; and doing some simple stretching exercises

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
GOOD we need to have a bathroom break, get something to eat or drink
and mabey to just clear your thoughts.

M

Mahereid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play on my phone for most of the times so I don't personally need the breaks, but they are essential for others who need leave the tables for a minute or two after playing for almost 1 hour.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi jesusali1. Yes the breaks are needed for all players. I don't understand why your focus would change. In a MTT, how could you have a read on every player at your table? Besides, players are being moved around all the time. GL all

G

gnunes92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes it is good although I do understand where I are coming from. I would suggest making notes of players and what they do so then when in doughty you can turn yo your notes