5-minute break, good or bad?

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope to have this interval on the 9 players sng. I know you can just close all the tables but it takes time to initiate all the games again!

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 5mins every hour is a bit much.
Personally I throw on a small cash game during this break 80% of the time

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course they are important, we have a lot to do in that time, even rethinking the bad plays we made and how we can improve

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bladder thinks they're Grrrrreat!

J

jmstz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Essential break for our needs, and to relax the mind.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Love those 5 minutes breaks at a consistent time. However, I don't like a break that starts after less than 20 minutes playing time.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A break is needed at least to go to the bathroom and drink water.:)

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For me it's essential, this time is to relax, to think about the moves and to let the mind rest.

J

johnsonmad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe they are neccessary because you shut off your poker brain for 5 minutes. Go to the bathroom or go get a drink or snack.

x patrice x

x patrice x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
5 minutes are just right to go to the bathroom, dink something and turn a cigarette. Exactly at the first inhalation, then continue! No poker without tobacco

lovemetender

lovemetender

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like it could be 10 minutes, better than five .

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After every hour there is a break, at my pace of play that affects me because even when I am understanding the type of play of the opponents at my table, that break makes me lose focus and return to collect new data because in the end some players come back with another way of playing, I put it in consideration of you, good or bad break.

On the contrary, breaks are essential in order to maintain focus throughout the session. When you have 2 or more tables and try to follow other player's actions, make notes to players etc. you get tired pretty quickly. So these 5 minute breaks help you to regain energy. Its not just about being able to go to the toilet :D. In fact, if you really need to go, you can always sit out.

When you play long sessions on a daily basis, it is crucial to make the most of these breaks. I usually try to move and regain the blood flow, so that my brain could function properly.

I think you only play one table usually, that is why you might feel that you do not need these breaks.

fasteddee74

fasteddee74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOVE the break, smoke, pee, eat etc. I heard ACR has or had a 4:20 Break? Can anyone verify?

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would have been hard without a break in the tournament. So breaks are needed anyway.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks

What would be nice are ten minute breaks for older folks. Five minute breaks are to short for me. Capo1014

A

Apokalypto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks during tournaments

Besides the usual breaks in the tournaments, which are more than welcomed, especially when your hands don’t help you, i suggest a thinking and reanalyzing break once in a while which good especially when you hit a few bad bets in a row!

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It s good for a snack, stand up a little and go to the bathroom.

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very good you can eat something relax if you take a bed beat

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is a good break to go to the bathroom to get something to drink.

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes do not have time to go to the toilet :) I would like 7-8 minutes

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cannot really so how a 5 minute break makes players come back with a different style with the exception of maybe if someone was on tilt and the break helps them regain composure.

I think the break is very good. The are partly there just for toilet breaks or making a cup of coffee. A standard tournament can easily exceed 5 hours.

How do you propose this is handled?

Not to mention the Sunday Million that could run 12 hours before the two day events.

Not only that it gives your eyes a quick break from the screen, would that not affect your focus staring at a screen for 5 hours+ without a break.

I do not think you could host them without breaks and that they are a very good idea.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a break in the game is necessary and 5 minutes is enough.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 5-minute break is just right, while the reflection time for the player should be shortened (max 15s.)

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it helps sometimes. you need that break to just focus and move around a bit and come back