_420_420_

_420_420_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Played it perfectly, but the poker gods had it in for you on the river, better luck next time m8

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we have a top set board 10 7 2 we are reraising for what purpose? knock out hands like AK AQ from the bank and stay against the overpairs? why do we need it? the flop just call the stacks short we are to the river and so we can get everything from the opponent! on the turn all the analyzes we see what has come and start to break up the bank giving the opponent somehow hooked on the board! just not lucky!

D

Dream Slayer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
After the Flop you were a 73% Favorite
After the Turn you were a 82% Favorite
That is the same odds as if you had Aces against KQ Suited All-in Preflop
Can't ask for better than that
Poker, sometimes your the Dog,
Sometimes your the Hydrant

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bad Beat!!!!!He was just lucky ....:mad::mad::mad:

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should have played it harder in turn to put all your chips on the table so there is more probability that the villain retires.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You didn't play this wrong, if someone is shoving on you when you have a set then smile and call. On flop if he cbets you can just call him and turn if he cbets again you can raise him and if he shoves call, or if he then checks the turn then you can make it look like you just floated his flop cbet and bet out, and again if he shoves, you can call. The result does not matter, it is how you played it does!

For the record though, you didn't have trips, you had a set. This is the same mistake I made when I first started to play poker. Trips is when you hold one and the board holds 2... Say you have JKo and the flop has Jc5hJd you would have trips.

steeler1970

steeler1970

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you did i would of gone all in before the flop

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is lucky. No way I am folding on the flop or the turn. You got your money in good dont worry about it.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played it fine. Got your your money in ahead and he got lucky to draw out on the river. Best thing you can ever do is get your money in ahead. You made the correct decisions as played but shoving the flop after he raises may have been the optimal route.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Top set on the flop with that rainbow flop I would have all my chips in before the turn if he calls with a draw there's nothing you can do . Good luck for next time .

MKaizer07

MKaizer07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No you didn't play it wrong because he is gonna call no matter what how much bet. He is a donkey and you can't really do anything against a donkey. Maybe the only way he might fold is by you pushing all in preflop.

lilu80

lilu80

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
This game is OK when your stack is not in phase push.
Here your stack is so small. I play here preflop push AI. Better is when write ThTd insteal 10h10d.
Remember this was SET no TRIPS. Set is when in your hands is pair and on the table is next to 3 of kind. Trips when on the table is pair and in your hands is one card to 3 of kind.

W

wacosteel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely a good move. As you said, the odds were in your favor.

Limited_Al

Limited_Al

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing Wrong IMO

I wouldn’t have played it any differently. I also think it’s the correct play, as you would have been ahead all the way to the river. Just a bad beat in my opinion

D

DeadRev

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m still very much an avid novice, But their really wasn’t much you could do. You put the money in good with a set vs a straight draw and got sucked out on. Even if you shoved on the flop he might’ve still called with his draw but a big pair might have laid it down.

Good game.