10h 10d,DID I PLAY THIS WRONG?

D

djg250874

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing a mtt, after the bubble , i get 10 h 10d, i am on the button, villian sits 2 seats left of bb, preflop he bets 3x bb , all folded but i called, flop come 10s, 7d, 2c, ( yeh!! TRIPS).villian again raised just short of pot, i reraised to pot size villian reraised all in i call, turn is a 9s, villian pushes all in and i call he got about 20 bb and i am shortstacked 12 bb, villian shows , (9c8c), im happy trips against a pair and straigt draw odds in my favor,river comes 6s, he gets his straight and i am out of the tournament. did i play this wrong?

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it fine to get in a set on the turn and just got an unlucky river.

I think you mis-typed villain going all-in twice but getting it in on flop or turn is fine here.

The board isn't too bad on flop just to flat on the flop(depending on villain stats/read) but turn is easy shove.

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course you're wrong ... you need to push all in and he would fold .

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing too wrong here, just a cooler.

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You Played it wrong.

Playing a mtt, after the bubble , i get 10 h 10d, i am on the button, villian sits 2 seats left of bb, preflop he bets 3x bb , all folded but i called, flop come 10s, 7d, 2c, ( yeh!! TRIPS).villian again raised just short of pot,

i reraised to pot size

villian reraised all in:eek:
i call,:rolleyes:

turn is a 9s,
villian pushes all in :flute:
and i call ;)

he got about 20 bb and i am shortstacked 12 bb, villian shows , (9c8c), im happy trips against a pair and straigt draw odds in my favor,river comes 6s,

he gets his straight and i am out of the tournament.:mad:
did i play this wrong?

Going all in twice in the same hand can never be a good thing.:bandit:

((ESPECIALLY WHEN.....you're CALLING the all in twice.... to a player...... that has you OVERPOWERED...in chips??)) ((jezzzz....say'n))

((i think...you may be playing in a different poker realm than some of us))
(where extra chips float to your stack)

:bebored:

D

djg250874

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry he only raised all in after the turn , he just raised before the turn,Sorry i got confused with a different hand wrote down quite a few to go over, still new to poker and hand annalysis,:eek:

D

djg250874

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks guys sorry honest mistake , next time will push for sure:(

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry he only raised all in after the turn , he just raised before the turn,Sorry i got confused with a different hand wrote down quite a few to go over, still new to poker and hand annalysis,:eek:

It's ok.
I confuse people a lot. :damnmate:

Thank's for clearing it up.
It makes the hand more understandable.

good luck at the tables..
Robert.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course you're wrong ... you need to push all in and he would fold .

You don't want people to fold when they are losing.

No apoligies needed. You played it fine but got unlucky on river.

I would have been ok with going all-in on the flop but I think you lose value doing that over the long run.

The turn is easy call all-in or get all-in.

River sucks but it happens from time to time, you definitely want them to put all their chips in with 98 on the turn here.:top:

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Think about it.

You were locked into that pot after the flop, with the cards that were showing.
THERE WAS NO LAYING YOUR TRIPS DOWN!
There just wasn't hand that could beat you. Not one.

According to what you posted, I...believe the Villain MIGHT..have called you even if you did push after the flop, or even if you had pushed before the flop.

I base that on how the Villain played the hand out. Just that one hand.
Only YOU have the knowledge of how the Villain had been playing in the tournament.

The problem is...
you saw the flop...and hit a hand you would have been a fool to fold. There was no hand that could beat you at that point. You were the winner.

The only FOLD option you had was on the Turn when HE might have hit a straight.

You still had 12 BB's left at that point....
but, you were holding those trips, and this guy had been betting into you....
And there's no way you know if he hit a straight or not.

THEN the decision was....
Gamble or not gamble with this fool who might have got lucky and just hit a straight?

You said you were shortstacked on the turn with 12 BB's left on the turn card.

He might have had a straight. But he had been betting into you the entire time.

WHAT THE HELL WAS HE BETTING ON?
IS THIS GUY A FOOL THAT JUST GOT LUCKY?

That's why...i fold pp A's preflop alot in tournaments, no matter my position, in sitiuations where I'm not the initial one allowed to raise, or go allin.
Prime #1 example.
Because after the flop, an idiot can take all your chips.

And if I'm playing to win, I'm not risking having to put so many chips in a pot to get to a river...and then be drowned. By a fish.

I might have folded preflop to this guy that bet into me 3x's the BB out of position.

I want to win the entire thing. Let him have 1 1/2 bb he just bought.
I would have most likely done that.

NO ONE..here knows how that guy had been playing for hours, or how he got that chip stack he had.
Keep that in mind while you're reading this good thread you started.

good luck on the tables DJ,
watch how they're playing their games, use that note section a lot to make player notes.
You never know, you may run into that guy again.

good fortunes my friend..
Robert.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not too good at math, but I guess the reraise off villain after the flop was not good play, or villain thought you were bluffing with 32o.
For this reason in freerolls I would have gone all in after the flop.
In this case, villain might have called anyway; we'll never know.

J

Jimboskie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Get your chips in when you have the best of it. Opponents will be able to exploit you if you're not doing this in a balanced fashion - that's the hard part. But yeah, I didn't see anything wrong with what you did here.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You had to go all in when the #10 was the highest card on the flop at that time was the highest trio; the villain could retire or go all in too but you had the advantage, it was already waiting for the turn and the river and if the villain tied straight it was too much luck for him and bad luck for you.

C

clasrasmusso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had played the same way, but sometimes these players are lucky but in most cases you win in this way

K

klada152

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it the way it should be played just unlucky on the river it hapens

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it good, sometimes river is unlucky and can make u feel nervous and confused. You literally did everything good, maybe an ALL-IN pre-flop could save u the hand, he would fold who knows. Don't feel bad about it just keep doing like you was doing before its all good.

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't understand: he went all in twice, still had 20 bb behind?

Anyway, he had 18%, so he could have won every 5th hand.
did i play this wrong?
No. You just played against bad or new player.

Z

ZARGA123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With Less than 15BB effective stack,1st Preflop you did not go all in you made a mistake to just 3-bet preflop and 2nd mistake you did not Go all in on flop you gave him too much equity on turn and he crushed you on the river.

Whenever you are short stack ;Put Priority 1 To Preflop All in if you are less than 15BB and you are holding a Pair 88+to JJ, You can only 3bet Monsters otherwise All in

Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds.

Marta

D

djg250874

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the advice, really appreciate, what i have learned, is i should have pushed earlier, instead of just calling, thus taking controle of the hand being played. He did raise a lot in previous hands, sometimes with good hands but also , with mediocre hands.

N

neafana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You played well as you called. But it would be good to analyze the villain and the people that are going to act after you. If the villain was aggressive, nit, passive, stack sizes. It was very good because you got him all in with trips. Maybe you could 3Bet if he was a LAG in order to be sure that you are getting the stacks in.
You have to take a lot of factor into consideration before taking an action.

kena3000

kena3000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing a mtt, after the bubble , i get 10 h 10d, i am on the button, villian sits 2 seats left of bb, preflop he bets 3x bb , all folded but i called, flop come 10s, 7d, 2c, ( yeh!! TRIPS).villian again raised just short of pot, i reraised to pot size villian reraised all in i call, turn is a 9s, villian pushes all in and i call he got about 20 bb and i am shortstacked 12 bb, villian shows , (9c8c), im happy trips against a pair and straigt draw odds in my favor,river comes 6s, he gets his straight and i am out of the tournament. did i play this wrong?
Hi. First i think that is important that you know some terms in poker. I dont know more than a few but everytime i'm trying to learn.
When you have pocket pairs and another same card hit the board...you have SET.
If you have different cards on your hand and 2 of the same hit the board...now you have TRIPS.
If you are playing a 9seat table the position 2 seats left BB is UTG+1.
After de the first 3 Community cards showed and you hit SET of 10...villain didn't raised (cause no one had bet before) so he just bet and you raised.
And some comments already told you that can't be all in twice and you said was a mistake...well that is cleared.
Hand analizy. That is obviously easier after you have played it and we can comment and everything but, the real and good thing is that we learn about it and try to make mistakes a little less the next time.
As you dont give more information I will try to figure it out. I hope to do it quite close so about Pot Sizes
Preflop:
Villain bets 3x
Hero calls 3x
SB fold 0.5x
BB fold 1x
POT 7.5BB
by this time (after Bubble) i'm pretty sure "ante" is running now, but as you dont say it i will not count on it.
At this point
Villain 20BB-3=17BB
Hero 12BB-3=9BB

Flop: 7.5BB
again you dont say how much villain bet, instead you say short Pot less imagine 1/2 POT so that's would be like 3.75 BB
So POT now would be 11.25BB
Here you raised POT? you just have 9BB left so... something is quite missing here.

I guess turn i will skip it so.

Now this guy with only 20 BB it is quite short too buut how was he playing? loose, tight, passive Before? when someone open UTG or UTG+1 or MP normaly do with good cards i think 88+, AT+ unless he has studied the table and see the others players like weak or not good blind defenders and so on.
But if this guy it is just a bingo player only all in preflop maybe could have made him fold.
Now with 15BB and less you are looking for a double up. TT it is not the best hand for just call. As soon as you are seeing flop with a guy that got you cover there is a chance that you could be out of the MTT.

If you would have go all in pre flop and villain folded (i'm pretty sure he would have) why? cause good players do not risk half their chips with 89s*... you would have won 4.5 BB and now you were having 16.5BB and a good chance to wait for the Monster hand.

Thanks for sharing your experience and let us comment about it. sorry for the mistakes that i might have made. keep going TT will win more than lose ag 98s

*there are some maniacs that will play half their stack with 98s.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You probably should have re raised pre flop but I think to be honest you where just unlucky. Most of the time you would win in this spot, you where a 82 % favourite pre flop, then a 74% favourite on the flop, then 81 % on the turn. So actually your opponent played badly and simply got lucky

The_Times

The_Times

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many offensive bad beats. For example, today, I am playing a freeroll, I have AKs in UTG, I raise, another idiot reraised me, I am being so happy and having not deep stack move allin, he instacalls and shows AJo, but the J on the turn made his hand win. I lost. I know how you would feel about it.

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Best Advice in Thread.

With Less than 15BB effective stack,1st Preflop you did not go all in you made a mistake to just 3-bet preflop and 2nd mistake you did not Go all in on flop you gave him too much equity on turn and he crushed you on the river.

Whenever you are short stack ;Put Priority 1 To Preflop All in if you are less than 15BB and you are holding a Pair 88+to JJ, You can only 3bet Monsters otherwise All in

Never give up, and be confident in what you do. There may be tough times, but the difficulties which you face will make you more determined to achieve your objectives and to win against all the odds.

Marta

Easy to understand, and to the point on any options the OP had.

((we need that post ranking button))

J

Jakobsladder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Stack sizes would be helpful here, and a copied HH (this is tough to read).

Preflop I think is fine, provided we are still somewhat deep. If I am around 20bb or less, I would usually jam.

I don't know the exact stack sizes here, but I would usually just call on the flop and keep him in the betting lead. The problem with raising (and raising big especially) is that he folds out all of his bluffs/air. This board is extremely dry, so he will likely only continue when he has overpairs and fold the majority of his range (which is really terrible when we have top set on a dry board!). As the preflop raiser, this type of dry board, T72 rainbow, favors his range, so he should be cbetting at a pretty high frequency. Raising just folds out the majority of these hands which are usually drawing close to dead vs. our actual hand....and that is a tragedy!

Last edited: