top pair with board suited on flop

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well on a Q59 board Im betting strong.... now lets say its Q5h8h now it totaly depends on what possition Im in, wand hat the player type is Im up against. with a table playing 40% of their hands Im assuming there is alot of limps, and a lot of check calls. IP I'm betting small, then betting big on almost any turn card, then evaluating the river. probably check check if there are running connecters, or the flush completes.... If Im OOP and the player IP bet when checked to after calling an open, Ill probably be just check calling the flop. looking to CR the turn on most cards.

FearNoRiver

FearNoRiver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket A's and suited cards on flop

what would you do with bet if you had pocket A's and the flop was suited cards.you are first to bet.

madjek

madjek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I look at your numbers and what you are doing is crossing two different scenarios at the same time, which is not possible. Example : 5 cards seen. 47 cards unseen. 11 diamonds unseen. odds of hitting one diamond are 11/47 + 11/46 = 23.4% + 23.9% = 47.3%. The scenario you are placing before those seems to be that your opponents might possibly have two diamonds. Yes no??? Let's play a game called pretend. Let's pretend that one of your opponents has 2 diamonds in his hand. What are the odds of him or her hitting a flush? 9/45 + 9/44 = .2 + .205 =.405 = 40.5%. I hope this information has helped you out on your numbers. That being said, if I were in that specific scenario per se I would definitely be aggressive. When I say aggressive what I mean is that I would bet high enough to make the pot odds not worth it for that individual to go for it by a drastic measure. I hope this has helped you out. Good luck!!!!
Mistake many make in figuring odds is to add them like this. This is not correct. Just to see this look at flipping a coin. I can say odds of heads on first flip is 50%, second flip is also 50% . so using your method I can say if I flip a coin twice, odds of hitting heads is 50 + 50, 100% . which we know isn't true

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think a raise from 2/3 to 1.1 pot. Flash is really real. The villain has to pay.

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow down. Try to get some information from the enemy. Everything can happen.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah stack sizes are very important here. Provided both us and our opponent have plenty of BBs to play all 3 streets of action effectively I normally go small ball. 1/2 potish on the flop, then reevaluate the turn.