christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Final table, the hero is with 16 BB and is the third worst stack at the table, but the other two worst have less than 10 BB. The chip leader, with 62 BB, giant at the UTG+1 table raises and I in HJ what do I do: tribet for 3x, 4x or all-in?

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Hmm JJ has always been a tricky hand. I'd say a lot would depend on the table and having some knowledge what people behind you might do. If you feel that people with less chips might shove behind your, then shoving yourself might be the best option, even though I don't really like that play.
Personally I think I'd 3bet in such position and most likely fold to re-raise preflop. Yes you are loosing chips that way, but you aren't loosing all of them and there is high chance that you are beat or at least against coin flip.
I don't see just calling as an option as you open yourself to "easier" shoves behind you, by someone simply wanting to steal.

So yea, imo 3-bet is the best option, but as said JJ is a tricky hand.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
With 16 BB I don't think raise is an option when you are up against 62 BB. So the question is all-in or fold. In that particular spot, I think I would go all-in, but then again - it depends on the money - how badly you want to survive and ladder. Also, if you want to have a chance to fight for the big prize (1st or 2nd), you should take your chances with JJ, otherwise you might survive only one or two ladders.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Final table, the hero is with 16 BB and is the third worst stack at the table, but the other two worst have less than 10 BB. The chip leader, with 62 BB, giant at the UTG+1 table raises and I in HJ what do I do: tribet for 3x, 4x or all-in?
The chip leader gonna open with a large range to pressure stacks like yours. If you 3 bet to 5 blinds and the villain calls, your spr in the flop is 1:1 (risking the flop come with any overs) don't make sense. 3 bet shove all in and gl

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my humble opinion, with 16bb you don't have room for a 3bet or a call, you would already be too committed to the pot.

We must take into account that the villain with 62bb will have a very wide range, opening with any two cards and putting pressure on his opponents with fewer chips.

I only see one play, go all-in, put pressure on the players with less chips than you and pray for JJ to hold, knowing well the history of this pair.

Even so, depending on his image at the table, everyone is capable of folding, even the villain who opened for ICM reasons.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a very tricky spot. I suspect the chip leader has a wider range, so there is very little doubt you are ahead pre-flop. The problem with a small 3-bet, is probably not going to scare off the chip leader and gives him a chance to catch up or take the lead, there is also the problem of you now being committed, even if an over hits on the flop. It is a frustrating spot, because you want value for your jacks, on the other hand it is just a pair. I would probably shove in this spot and be happy adding 3.5 BB plus ante to my stack. Also be happy with a call and leave it to the poker gods. Infact i would probaly shove any pair in this spot.

akhilbansal

akhilbansal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
From ICM standpoint, you can still 3-bet given that there are 2 stacks less than 10bb.
- It is FT, villain can fold to a 3-bet if he is just trying to steal or even if he has 1 over card off-suite.
- If villain 4-bets or jams you can fold and still maintain your ICM. (I will jam here 25-50% of times, if villain is agg and 4-bets and I have some read that he is trying to bully).
- If you get to see the flop and there are no over-cards, jamming with open flop has more probability to get a fold from the villain. You are sure here that the villain has at least over-cards or small pair for him to call your 3-bet and not 4-betting.
- Even if you see the flop, and villain has not hit his over card, there is a possibility it going check check and your JJ holding.
- There may be a small probability villain might try to trap with large pairs and not 4-bet, but then you pay him off to a good trap.

Considering all scenarios, I will incline more towards a 3-bet that can be more profitable, IMO.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The push option is only on BB or MB, provided that no one went to raise, and so this card is often not easy for me.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
This is a great situation for a resteal push!

Here is the resteal push chart:

It's profitable for JJ to resteal shoving even with a 25BB stack in this spot, especially since there is an ante in the pot.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
easy peasy jam.

the difference between 10-16 bbs isn't that significant with how fast blinds are moving along. a few orbits, blinds and antes going up, and the bottom 3 players can switch rank positions around easily. you're basically in the bottom 3, fighting for a spot above last place, and your stack isn't big enough to solidify a 3rd place finish. if you had 26-30 bbs and / or the bottom two players had 5 bbs, it would be different.

would it suck to bust out in 5th? of course but, at the moment, you're pretty much equal for finishing in any spot between 3rd-5h. so, while risky, I think it's better to try and pick up the pot uncontested or go for the double up. if you do double up, you practically guarantee a 3rd place finish and you increase your odds of finishing higher. so the reward out weighs the risk.

plus, you want to jam because you want to see the hand to the end. you don't want to see a flop and hope to jam on a safe board. you get to see your hands full equity if you jam because you don't want to be forced to fold on a scary board when you have the best hand. nor do you want to lose value when they completely miss with 7c8c.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
since I'm crazy, I'm going all in

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

definitely yes Allin

rgds

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it’s not even a question. I’m all in bc big stack will play a large range h less you have notes saying they are playing tight with a big stack.

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some study software could answer the correct move. The two smallest stacks may impact the ICM even so, I believe it's All in anyway

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i hate this hand (JJ) .... i always lose with JJ

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
JJ is only strong against me because when it's in my favor I hardly win!:mad:

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Here is an example:

Personally, I would jam here...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very easy jam. The chip leader is supposed to be opening wide, and with 16BB you have a lot of fold equity. JJ is not near the bottom of your rejamming range here. So the much more interesting question is what to do with hands like 88, AJs or KQs. This is, where we might want to plug the actual hand history into a program like ICMizer to get the exact answer. But JJ is so high in your range, that you dont even need to think about it. Just take a few seconds to not give away timing tells, and then pile it in.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In your situation, there are only two options, in my opinion - all in or fold. In approximately the same situation, I went to all in..

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
JJ is a complicated pair to play, I propose a lot of caution with him, I think the call is the best choice, he will always speak before you, your position favors you over him...But that's what I would do, each person has their own way of playing with these pairs...

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
No questions for me, of course all-in. Do what you can and be what you can.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
At such a point in a game, I would already playing Shove or Fold, If the chip leaders is a gambler he could be raising with any two cards and might even call your all in with any connectors, suited or not. If you are lucky enough to double up then with 32 BB to his 46 BB you become a strong contender to bully the shorter stacks and even have a chance of beating the chip leader.
Go big or Go Home!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Mike McDonald once said: Never call with jacks. Always raise or re-raise preflop with pocket jacks. Pocket jacks are one of the strongest hands in poker and will therefore be one of the most profitable.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Well, how do I think you have option 2, either you throw off your hand or go to the end with a hand that is the middle hand and has a good chance of winning if you press fold, it's okay and going to the end is also a great option I would go to the end and try to double because the hand is very good