Shove with JJ: yes or no?

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't say for sure. For me, such a card does not mean that it is super. In freerolls, I could definitely all-in with her, but not always. Otherwise, I would play carefully.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Just remember that in mtts the Top3 prizes(and especially nb1) are usually way better compared with the other ITM places and you don't want to skip on many important spots like this one as most likely the huge chip leader will play way more loose because of his stack and try to 'bully' the rest of the table and win some extra chips without a fight... Also, with 16 BBs I don't think raise is an option against an opponent with such a big stack(60+ BBs) as he can have 'any two' and make you fold the best hand by being aggressive if for example an ace comes on the flop, so the question is All In or Fold- the hand is just too good to fold in my case and I think I would go All In and be fine with either picking the pot here or be most likely favorite vs. our opponent's hand(probably still close to a flip if we actually get called)...

GLGL all at the tables $$$

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've had to many bad experiences with JJ. So based on that it's a no.

mattiebumpo

mattiebumpo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If the big stack has raised, it is unlikely you will push them off their hand with a shove. You need to decide if you can fold it or if you want to float and see the flop. If you don't hit it and they keep firing, you have to be willing to let it go.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Not luck

Attachments

• 2023-07-08_22-55-11.png
    2023-07-08_22-55-11.png
    417.6 KB · Views: 2
Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Final table, the hero is with 16 BB and is the third worst stack at the table, but the other two worst have less than 10 BB. The chip leader, with 62 BB, giant at the UTG+1 table raises and I in HJ what do I do: tribet for 3x, 4x or all-in?
List all stack sizes for all players on the table, including their position (CO, BTN, SB, etc.).
List the payouts.
Write down any other potentially relevant info. (ie. NOT > Big stack should be doing such & such.. etc. Instead > Big stack has been ____ ___ ____ (< fill in the blanks)

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only see one play go all-in and put pressure on the players with less chips than.

ramorleans

ramorleans

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a final table, and with the 3rd lowest stack, this should be an easy jam if you really want to beat the stack leader, or else you will end up going all in with a much worse hand after because you were preasured to chase the blinds.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whats most likely gonna happen is JJ is gonna get the cadilac of poker

Those 10BB stacks feel heavy icm pressure

That chipleader may call you with AK AQ AA KK QQ//JJ 10 10 99
but you still achieve alot of fold equity to everything else in his range 88 77 66 55 44 33 22 AX1098765432

So you will chase the best situations possible away a % of the time by Jamming it
and never be better than a flip most the time

so examine each spot with what you are trying to get out of it

if you wanted a squeeze steal with least resistance.... ok shove
if you wanted to double your chips with the highest frequency in that spot against( X range)
I'd flat call preflop and check flop OOP
always try to get the Aggros C-Bet
Then you can play the hand from there

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chip leader is usually luckier, he could have an AQ, or QQ or KK or KJ or AK so hitting an A,K or Q you would lose if no J appears, or he could have a pair of 10s so this would be hard to think of a final table then I would fold JJ

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For me it is without a doubt all in. With an effective stack of 16bb vs chip leader I don't see the point of raising 3x. It seems to me that the appropriate move is All in. But it's my opinion of course. I'm not a professional. hahaha.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
final table and your 3rd place want to move up call any allin , with JJ ,, dont go allin

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
always all in theres no more options considering that stack

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
call no over cards then all in

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
let pass and you prepare to call a raise, but if you are not willing to call 7-8bb straight call and knowing that you can lose those chips.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the folks here said that it depends on how much you want to hold out for.

You would be surprised at how many people get a hand like that and just toss all in not realizing that there are folks blindly saying "I have to go with any 2".

It just depends on you and what the players at the table are doing. In that instance if one place matters to you then dump it because with the antes involved means you can win a nice pot with your stack even blinded in half. By then at least one of the others should be gone and you get what you want.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've had to many bad experiences with JJ. So based on that it's a no.
What are you talking? I see on the table you make a 3x raise utg with ATo, face a 3 bet and you make a 4 bet all in close to the bubble. JJ fold, ATo 4bet all in. Funny to read

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It of course depends on many factors but more often than not I go super aggressive with jacks. It is the 4th best starting hand in holdem is it not?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
While there are other factors that could change what I would do here, we are short and the money is at the top. The 2 shorter stacks may not go out anytime soon and we have a top 5 hand, vulnerable but top 5 and the big stack maybe playing lots of hands at the moment, I am 3beting all in almost every time.

C

Cisne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It doesn't even have to be JJ, I'm also going from 22 hahaha