probably didnt have the odds, but it was a straight flush draw!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT Table 1011968586-16Holdem No Limit50/100
Hand Start.
Seat 1 : rudder2121 has $1,730
Seat 2 : WFH1023 has $1,690
Seat 3 : 68DAVE68 has $2,430
Seat 4 : muppet80 has $1,740
Seat 5 : woodfire has $1,400
Seat 6 : taxigirl22 has $1,655
Seat 7 : ilanbig has $3,420
Seat 8 : KerouacsDog has $2,345
Seat 9 : bootstomp has $5,230
ilanbig is the dealer.
KerouacsDog posted small blind.
bootstomp posted big blind.
Dealing Hole Cards.
Seat 8 : KerouacsDog has Qc Qd
rudder2121 folded.
WFH1023 folded.
68DAVE68 called 100 and raised 200
muppet80 folded.
woodfire folded.
taxigirl22 called 300
ilanbig folded.
KerouacsDog called 250
bootstomp called 200
Dealing flop.
Board cards [9c Jc Tc]
KerouacsDog bet 400
bootstomp called 400 and raised 1,600
68DAVE68 folded.
taxigirl22 called 1,355 and is All-in
KerouacsDog called 1,600 and raised 45 and is All-in
bootstomp called 45
Showdown!
Seat 8 : KerouacsDog has Qc Qd
Seat 6 : taxigirl22 has Ac Qs
Seat 9 : bootstomp has Qh Kh
Board cards [9c Jc Tc 8c 3s]
KerouacsDog has Straight Flush QJT98c
bootstomp has Straight KQJT9
KerouacsDog wins 1,380 with Straight Flush QJT98
taxigirl22 has Flush AJT98
KerouacsDog wins 5,265 with Straight Flush QJT98
KerouacsDog : phew
taxigirl22 : vvnh gl
Hand is over.

Guess I got lucky!
It was only a 60c MTT, but good practice after the all-in fish have been knocked out. Managed to get to final table and came 6th out of 146 for bumper payout of $3.46!

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You had mad outs. You had a open ended straight draw and a queen high flush draw. You did get lucky becuase one of the players had the Ace of clubs. But, this is not a bad move.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had I been you, I would have been inclined to re-raise 900 to 1000 pre-flop rather than flat call.

Depends on your read of 68DAVE68, it may be dangerous if he`s real tight and likely to be holding AA or KK, but in most cases you`ll take the pot down right there and win 750. If you do get a caller, you`re likely still ahead unless there`s an Ace on the flop. That would be your worst-case scenario, but then you could lay it down if necessary and still have a decent stack left.

Of course, the way the board fell in this case was perfect for you, and I think you played it fine from there on. I was just thinking about more everyday situations.

Congrats on the straight flush :D that`s so rare.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, and another thing, it doesn`t matter that it was not a big prize. If you played well and you feel proud of your achievement, it`s a big win. By definition, us amateurs are playing this game mainly for fun.

In my own case, the win I remember best was only in a Freeroll, and it didn`t make me rich, in fact I`ve often earned more in less time at a ring game. The reason I remember it is because I felt I played my best and I was excited about the accomplishment.

There`s a thread about it:

https://www.cardschat.com/showthread.php?t=71292

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Had I been you, I would have been inclined to re-raise 900 to 1000 pre-flop rather than flat call.

Depends on your read of 68DAVE68, it may be dangerous if he`s real tight and likely to be holding AA or KK, but in most cases you`ll take the pot down right there and win 750. If you do get a caller, you`re likely still ahead unless there`s an Ace on the flop. That would be your worst-case scenario, but then you could lay it down if necessary and still have a decent stack left.

Of course, the way the board fell in this case was perfect for you, and I think you played it fine from there on. I was just thinking about more everyday situations.

Congrats on the straight flush :D that`s so rare.

my inclination was to reraise it, but my read on 68DAVE68 was indeed that he played tight. Taxigirl is also a good player, so I put her on high pocket pair/AK/AQ and more or less the same for 68DAVE68. I've been burnt so many times with my QQ against Ax or Kx that I won't commit myself to the all-in move unless I'm shortstacked, etc.
The flop was sweet for everyone, but I had this feeling the 8 of clubs was gonna hit, so I was never gonna lay it down.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, and another thing, it doesn`t matter that it was not a big prize. If you played well and you feel proud of your achievement, it`s a big win. By definition, us amateurs are playing this game mainly for fun.

In my own case, the win I remember best was only in a Freeroll, and it didn`t make me rich, in fact I`ve often earned more in less time at a ring game. The reason I remember it is because I felt I played my best and I was excited about the accomplishment.

There`s a thread about it:

https://www.cardschat.com/showthread.php?t=71292

My bankroll dictates I play micro stakes, but I'm happy with that, like you say, if you play well and feel proud of your achievement, it is a big win.
thing is, in my last 5 MTT's(micro stake) I've placed 4 times in the money, and 3 times on the final table. I feel I need to move up a level, and maybe get lucky with a better payout.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my last 5 MTT's(micro stake) I've placed 4 times in the money, and 3 times on the final table. I feel I need to move up a level, and maybe get lucky with a better payout.

Respect, that`s a great record, much better than mine.

If you`re that consistent in MTTs, why not play a satellite tourney ? That way you can shoot for a big prize with minimal outlay. I definitely would if I was that consistent. I`ve always failed because of inconsistency. I can place high in MTTs, but not two or three consecutively.

I know you like Victor Chandler, which maybe doesn`t have the best choice of satellites, but they do have some. As an alternative, Titan, Pacific, Absolute, and Ultimate (just off the top of my head) all have regular big-money tournies with satellites.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd have to reraise PF for sure aswell; considering it's a 60c tourney, I can't see how your opposing players could be that tight so as not to reraise with QQ. Then again you are the one with the reads and that's just my opinion.
As for post-flop, both of you had manymanymany outs, and it isn't a surprise that you both got all your money in. I don't think you got lucky; you were leading the whole hand after all.

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respect, that`s a great record, much better than mine.

If you`re that consistent in MTTs, why not play a satellite tourney ? That way you can shoot for a big prize with minimal outlay. I definitely would if I was that consistent. I`ve always failed because of inconsistency. I can place high in MTTs, but not two or three consecutively.

I know you like Victor Chandler, which maybe doesn`t have the best choice of satellites, but they do have some. As an alternative, Titan, Pacific, Absolute, and Ultimate (just off the top of my head) all have regular big-money tournies with satellites.
thats only my last five MTT's Egon, before that I was lucky to hit the money 10% of the time. Not sure what's happened to my game(guess if I knew I could write a book and make a lot of money) but I seem to be playing better, without the premium hands, which are sadly lacking lately.
As for the satellites, I have considered that, the problem is that I work nights, between 5 and 7 a week(depending on overtime), so I'm never sure if I'm going to be around for any big money tourney's I qualify for. I'll check out Absolute and 32redpoker, as I have money at both of them, maybe they'll have some tourneys in the afternoon for me.

Full Flush Poker Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator