Overpair vs shove $22 deepstack

Y

Yeti

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've seen the results now (sadly), but my thinking was along the lines of you having the best of it and so should call.

Sumun

Sumun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think he is trying to get a flush or straight, maybe both draws
or maybe he has 2 pairs
and surely can have a set, but i would take the risk

E

EvilEmperor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The default in this situation is fold while you are still very early in deepstack. Way too easy for villain to have set here or at least 2 pair. I've played a few of the $11 and $22 deepstacks and this early on a raise like this means you're kings are behind a great majority of the time. You 3 bet villain pf so you announced you have premium hand. You bet a decent amount on flop and still villain shoves. It's time to find the fold button

hrussel17

hrussel17

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
here is the deal he wouldnt push that much if it he trips right? he would slow play you and draw as much money out as possible...
So he has 1 of three hands a A,J a flush draw, or a straight draw...
Its a tough read but if you called it was a coin flip no smart player would make that push with trips though.

hrussel17

hrussel17

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
So just the FD no ST8 draw with it? If so pretty ballsy with your 3-bet preflop.

Well you got to think there I mean it gets down to the wire in a tournament and your ITM guy is probably tired of playing by than and he got great odds hit the flush, he was also probably had Ace high flush draw so he knew if his oppenent made the call if he didnt hit the flush he still had his ace.

razin-n-blazin

razin-n-blazin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This hand looks like QQ or JJ to me, and maybe misplayed AA as was mentioned by other responders. Two out of these three scenarios have you beat pretty badly. Still a rather bothersome decision to have to make.

In a cash game I'm calling this and reaching for my rebuy cash as the turn and river are dealt. In this tourney however the blinds are still small and if you fold you're shortstacked, but even in the upcoming level (50/100) you still have close to 50 BB. I'd reluctantly lean towards folding this here.

S

soonerdel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
inscore77.. very nice post
i also like the way you thought thru the hand.
not sure if he hit his flush or not but i think your reasoning is +1.
i also do not think a set would shove in this spot but go for more value next street.

J

JoeDi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Strange the way people play.. He has no idea if you hit the flop.. Risks all his chips on a draw. He could have checked and waited to see what you bet.. Anyway i would have called with the kings.. Its a tough call for all your chips but i definitely think i have him beat..

B

blackknite123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you gotta make a judgement call. is the big stack over playing AJ or did he call preflop with J9 or 44. personally id call if i knew he overplays his cards but if hes LAG id fold thinking he hit the bottom set or some type of two pair.