Opinions of this fold

DaPirate

DaPirate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point in the game, we were in the money, I had knocked out 6 or 7 bounties and the player who pushed just joined the table. Later I found he was very aggressive player and may have been pushing mid pp's. I thought for quite a bit on this hand before I folded. Did I make right move here in your opinions?

Attachments

• game.jpg
    game.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 105
TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Why did you not raise over the limpers and choose to limp yourself im the first place? Aside from that, that was a bad fold. Snap call that every time. You should never be limping jj there if you plan on folding to a shorty shove like that. Open with a raise and fistpump when someone shoves.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do a fist pump that the plan you had of limping pre to induce a shove actually worked. Then stand up from your desk, find someone to hi- five,then call.

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think you did made a bad move a folding preflop.Especially not knowing nothing about the player.

DaPirate

DaPirate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess the reason I limp there is to try to see a flop cheap as I have been on the short end of the stick so many times but I do see where the raise pre flop is the right move and tend to agree with the high fives and such. lol

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ

I would not have limped I would have shoved the guy that called you only had 14k in chips and that was his all in as you even if you lost the hand you still had over 12k in chips left. so the value for you was their. You could have easily made that up esp with blinds at 600 1200 you had plenty of time. But we all learn Just to let you know JJ is my nemesis hand I loose with them and against 98% however I will still shove with them if the position is good. When you get to this level you have to show table strength and send a signal to the other players you wont be pushed around. This will benefit you as the game goes

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I have to agree that's a sub optimal limp. At this point you should be trying to take down 5k pots. And you should also know if the limp from the utg player was trappy or not. Or at least if it was suspicious. If not You should be raising around the 5k-6k range.

But yes once you limp and get shoved on time to let it go. No reason to give up your chip lead.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends. Are you better than the remaining field? If so good fold. If not, bad fold.

DaPirate

DaPirate

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I ended up getting 5th so final tabled and that guy was long gone. Did garner about 12-14 bounties on the trip. Ironic thing is, I was the short stack in BB with AQ suited and pushed the large stack limp who had JJ and the flop came out QJ. Woulda loved to be the fly in the wall and know what he pushed with though. thanks for the feedback

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah I have to agree that's a sub optimal limp. At this point you should be trying to take down 5k pots. And you should also know if the limp from the utg player was trappy or not. Or at least if it was suspicious. If not You should be raising around the 5k-6k range.

But yes once you limp and get shoved on time to let it go. No reason to give up your chip lead.

Really?? The shover could be shoving wide (should be, given his stack and the amount of dead money in the pot), especially with multiple limpers showing no real strength. You're holding a solid pair, which is ahead of a tremendous amount of an 11bb stack shoving range, flipping with the rest. Hero only has to call If you're limp/folding JJ here, you're just tossing money out the window. You have all but BB covered, you have a premium pair, and you are calling 13,315t into a pot of 20,995t. All these factors add up to an easy call.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Happiest day of your life. But probably jam it preflop or raise really large and dont fold any flop.

dealio96

dealio96

The LAG Monkeys
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do a fist pump that the plan you had of limping pre to induce a shove actually worked. Then stand up from your desk, find someone to hi- five,then call.
hahah loved this! Took the words right outta my mouth!:D

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
or just fold pre,
especially if you dont want to commit to a raise/shove
JJ bah! lol

bushy_lufc

bushy_lufc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not going to even read the other responses as any response saying folding was ok here is so wrong its not even in question.

When the action comes to you there is roughly 5200 in the pot which represents a 15-20% chip up for you to win those chips so for that reason and with it being a bounty i think a jam is good... also you can bump it up to 4500-6000 too.

You chose to limp which is really odd but i will give the benefit of the doubt and say you got a read somebody will shove all the chips in wide behind... WOOOOOP sweet spot somebody does just jam lets SNAP... WHAT YOU SNAP FOLD!?!!?!?

This is a call EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK he must have 3 hands to have you in a bad spot that is all everything else you beat with the pot odds too youre beating his range with added value of dead money, weak fold!

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, you can't limp behind and then fold here, I mean had this been your plan which obviously it wasn't then it worked out perfectly. However for a start the range of the shover has just widened a lot given all the limps in front.

Secondly, had we just min raised here we should still be very happy calling it off.

Sorry, but awful fold. Next time though, just raise the limpers and just be happy calling of anyone.

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really?? The shover could be shoving wide (should be, given his stack and the amount of dead money in the pot), especially with multiple limpers showing no real strength. You're holding a solid pair, which is ahead of a tremendous amount of an 11bb stack shoving range, flipping with the rest. Hero only has to call If you're limp/folding JJ here, you're just tossing money out the window. You have all but BB covered, you have a premium pair, and you are calling 13,315t into a pot of 20,995t. All these factors add up to an easy call.

Yes I fold it. We've let him win with a shove over us by limping. Even if we are ahead with only one over they are going to hit that over 30% of the time. Do you want to risk half your chips and your big stack lead when you can let it go for $1200? I don't. If we had raised it's another story. Then there's more incentive to call. That's why the limp is so bad to begin with.

TheKAAHK

TheKAAHK

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes I fold it. We've let him win with a shove over us by limping. Even if we are ahead with only one over they are going to hit that over 30% of the time. Do you want to risk half your chips and your big stack lead when you can let it go for $1200? I don't. If we had raised it's another story. Then there's more incentive to call. That's why the limp is so bad to begin with.

I don't disagree that the limp was horrible. But letting it go because there's a 30% chance an over will spike is significantly more so. I'd risk half my stack there every single time without question.

True, it'd be "easier" to call off after making a raise, but calling 12k for 20k with JJ is still always an easy call. This isn't a bubble situation, we are in the money and there are ko's on the line as well. Consider these and it makes it even better to call.

I can't believe people are still advocating a fold here...... boggles the mind...

jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
da pirate

After seeing this vid Dapirate made the correct call I take back what I said I hate JJ I loose w them and against 98% next time im a just calling and if im raised a good bit their going in the trash

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is 30% only is the worst we're doing. Often we're 50/50. In some cases yes we have him crushed when he shows up with 88-TT, but there are also times he has QQ-AA. I know in this particular instance the guy turns out to be a manic and then yes if you had that read call all day but the go poster specifically states new to table no read. You are slightly +EV but you don't always have to take slightly +EV especially when it concerns a significant chunk of your stack. Are you advocating we should be trapping w/JJ against an unknown player? Because that's what is happening here. I can just think so many better spots to get it in. And it's not with JJ limp calling all in pre flop.

Everybodylovesdeuces

Everybodylovesdeuces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Edited because it accidentally posted twice.

Last edited:
jtholdm

jtholdm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
RE

What I am saying is not to limp in w JJ but to make a 4 times the blind raise that way if you get over bet you can make a decision and get away from the hand if someone goes all in especially in the late stages. For me I rather play 22 than JJ because my stats on JJ are horrible I loose with them and against them 98% of the time regardless of how i play them or who i bet them. It is my nemesis hand it also depends on peosition

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
am the only one here who thinks that`s an insta-call? geez, the guy has 10ish BB, super wide range. Plus u have less than 20bb.

Folding in Poker