Nut Flush draw HU

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian is TAG. This is about 25-35 hands into the HU.

pokerstars Game #9729991799: Tournament #49374396, $5.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2007/05/03 - 14:22:36 (ET)
Table '49374396 1' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: JimboJim711 (7255 in chips)
Seat 7: nieezz (6245 in chips)
JimboJim711: posts the ante 25
nieezz: posts the ante 25
JimboJim711: posts small blind 100
nieezz: posts big blind 200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to JimboJim711 [As 3s]
JimboJim711: raises 400 to 600
nieezz: calls 400
*** FLOP *** [Js Ks 2c]
nieezz: checks
JimboJim711: bets 600
nieezz: raises 1600 to 2200
JimboJim711: ??????????

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know the odds but id say tht calling the rerse and seeing the turn would be ok whilst rsing all in woulfd be my play whatever happened i would not fold the hand

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know the odds but id say tht calling the rerse and seeing the turn would be ok whilst rsing all in woulfd be my play whatever happened i would not fold the hand

I have about 44-47% chance of winning if he has a king.

H8red

H8red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 in 16 chance to hit your flush by the river, plus the 3 overs with the A (hopefully, probably would've reraised pre-flop w/ what he's representing on the flop AND an A), 12 out of 45 = 27%. I would probably call the 1600 to see the turn, then fold if I didn't hit. You'll still have plenty of chips if you have to fold after, and if you hit the turn, the implied odds are a big W for the game for you.

Last edited:
tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go ahead and push all-in right here. With the overcard and flush draw I take this chance.

H8red

H8red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Sorry, you're right about the percent if you go from here to river. I was thinking one card, if you called then folded. Either way, it seems to me like all his chips are in the middle no matter what you do, so it's most of your chips to get two chances at it, or almost half your stack to try for the 27% chance. If you call then fold, you still have plenty left at the level you're at.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is he still playing TAG heads up or has he switched gears? Is he giving up pots easily?

ie how comfortable are you just grinding away at him with smaller pots?

I don't think we need to take this gamble with our stack this deep if we have a good chance of just running him down with small pot poker. If we're sitting on like 3K then I shove em in immediately, but I think we can maybe wait for a better spot depending on our opponent.

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I should have added that we have fold equity right now. Even if villain is attempting a steal and has air, if a brick hits the turn he is going to lay down a continuation bet. I like playing the semi-bluff here. We are in the money already and winning this hand here, even with a villain fold, will give us a very good opportunity to win the HU.

H8red

H8red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is he still playing TAG heads up or has he switched gears? Is he giving up pots easily?

I don't think we need to take this gamble with our stack this deep if we have a good chance of just running him down with small pot poker. If we're sitting on like 3K then I shove em in immediately, but I think we can maybe wait for a better spot depending on our opponent.

So you think he should fold now, or do you think it's worth the money for one call, seeing as he will be getting all of his chips most likely if he hits? Even if he calls and loses, he's still got a decent stack.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1000 chips is decent?

edit: nevermind, I see you mean just calling to see the turn.

I don't mind it, though if I've got enough chips to outplay my opponent rather than take a gamble (he's only paying us off with a king here, probably not with a J or air), then I prefer sticking it to him in smaller pots.

Last edited:
JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

We both are playing pretty tight HU. I've loosened up some but he seems tighter if anything. It might just seem that way because I've loosened up. We're about 25-35 hands into the HU and the stacks haven't changed much. Pretty much raise-fold...limp-call from both sides.

H8red

H8red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We both are playing pretty tight HU. I've loosened up some but he seems tighter if anything. It might just seem that way because I've loosened up. We're about 25-35 hands into the HU and the stacks haven't changed much. Pretty much raise-fold...limp-call from both sides.

Given that info, I'd stick to my original decision, call the 1600, fold if you don't hit. You'll be able to chip it back, unless he decides to go ape-shit on you.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, h8red, ^^^see my edited post.

I dunno, like I said, I don't mind a call then reassess the turn, but this guy sounds pretty weak and those types of players are like fish in a barrel HU...

Not sure what the 'best' course of action here is...mind's a little fuzzy right now :p... but my personal preference is folding and waiting.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Factor in your fold equity, the times he has weaker spade draws, and what's already in the pot, and shoving is still +EV.

H8red

H8red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe at this point it should come up to how badly you have to use the restroom.:)

tosborn

tosborn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting the hand Jimbo. This is a great example of how difficult some decisions can be. If I wanted to I could probably argue favorably for all three actions.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for posting the hand Jimbo. This is a great example of how difficult some decisions can be. If I wanted to I could probably argue favorably for all three actions.

I know...there are several reasons to call and several reasons to fold. I knew what I wanted to do as soon as he raised but I was very curious to what other CCers would do.

H8red

H8red

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know...there are several reasons to call and several reasons to fold. I knew what I wanted to do as soon as he raised but I was very curious to what other CCers would do.

What did you do, and how did it turn out?

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blagh, I was gonna say "the more I think about it, the more I don't like folding", but tbh I'm at a loss for what to do.

I don't like pushing because although it's probably +EV, I don't like putting my 6K in chips at 100/200 in the middle with nothing but a flush draw, nor do I like just calling because I'd hate to be pushed off by QT or air on the turn if we miss. If he knows he can fight back against our c-bets, he'll do it again and again later on. Folding just sounds weak to me now too...

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By the sounds of it your both playing like weak ass gimps. Fold, and hammer the crap out of him for the rest of the HU with aggressive play, and multiple blind steals. He playing tight, he's reraised you, hes telling you hes prepared to play for all his chips. You can easily outplay a guy like this, I hate flipping for wins with these guys

Full Flush Poker