KK preflop - call? shove? Villain has?

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
By pushing here, you are indeed gambling(hoping wishing to make the money) when in fact that you may not even make the money unless short stack has the chance to bust out(wich would make for an interesting play if indeed you do call) yet if the short stack doesn't, you mean to say your poker playing ablitiy and skills wouldn't put you into the money?

Gambling for the sake of gambling isn't and never will be a good strategy.
Trying to get even with this gold opponent isn't a good strategy either.

Your dedication entertains me, Twizzy.

Folding and making the money means very little. Shoving, and winning puts us in much better position to significantly increase our payout.

I admit that playing your way you will finish in the money with a small win more often, but you will get the big payoffs significantly less often. With tournaments being top-heavy (significantly more $ for the top finishers), it's those big payoffs that keep you profitable. So you must chase those top places, even if it means risking your neck.

Shoving in these situations is getting the highest possible value (best *potential*) out of your chips. You're so big on poker cliches, consider this one: In order to live you must be willing to die.

Last edited:
T

TheMountainBoy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the situation make that big raise preflop, enough to bail out though. If that Ace hits then what. Shove all in pre-

Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say there are good arguments here for both the fold and the shove.
Therefore it is time to use you " instincts".
What does your gut say ?
What would your Momma do ? (if she knew as much about the game as you LOL)

Seriously tho I think both the fold and shove equally valid moves.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS LAST HAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Dank Hugh

Dank Hugh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellant analysis Dorkus.
I had considered folding here,
but further reflection on your explanation shows clearly the error in that thinking.
Thanks