Explain this

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing a nice friendly game on a Sunday afternoon. 5 cent 10 cent on a 6 max table. I'm on the button and the cards are dealt. I get 2h2c and 3 players go to the flop. Flop is 2s 7d 2d. My heart does flips and I start thinking about how to get max value. Every one checks around and turn comes Jc. When it comes to me I bet 3\4 pot. I get two calls and one fold. The river comes and it's the 2h. Now I know a lot of folks will say it didn't happen but why would I lie. I'm a 70 year old retired guy that just plays as a hobby. The hand just disappeared and the money in the pot returned to the players. I don't know what to think. Anyone got any ideas on this. No I'm not going to name the site. I've got enough headaches.:confused:

What site was that on? That is disgusting!

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My short clash with online poker is over. Unless someone can explain this.

AKh on the button, Viilain 1 raises, villain 2 calls. I 3 bet.

Villain 1 folds. Villain 2 calls.

I was at the table for at least 1 hour with the same people. Villain 2 did not seem to be a fish. Folding often. Raising his better hands IP (from what I seen at showdown). Never had he played junk hands, never going on tilt.

Flop is Ac Kd 7s.

I bet the pot, villain 2 goes All-in. Before this hand he had won the previous 2 hands (3 if I count the one when everyone folded to his minraise)

I was sure either I was trapped against a set, either he was bluffing or playing some A Q hand. I decide to call.

Turn and river come Q Q

Villain 2 (which- I repeat - with no previous fishy plays, and no reason to go on tilt - since he already had a good stack and had won the previous hand with good cards at showdown) - ....

Shows Q 4 offsuite. Unless he knew what cards would come or was a bot - why would he have gone all in on that board????

I withdrew the rest of my winnings and called it quits.

Poker is a great game - but not when bots or some rat with IT knowledge can counterfeit your everyday effort put into studying odds, maths and whatnot.

Take from this whatever you think.
That is exactly what have have been against the last few months. It takes the pleasure of the game away.

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love how ppl will make assumptions off of such small sample size. Dumb ass.
I have plenty of experience in this. I have lost at least 50 small sit and goes against the same player getting these type of hands. 95% of the time they drew out two pair, the other 5% they got full house with turn and river. That is not luck or skill.

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Weird stuff

Well i don't believe in conspiracy theories about poker, but sometimes you just get hit with some bad luck, i lost a hand with 99.3% winning rate at the flop, the turn and river were just out of this world against me... But sometimes it happens yeah...

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always happening to me.... But here i am still wasting my money playing online poker.
Dont know how to stop this, im a poker addict. Damn..... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have plenty of experience in this. I have lost at least 50 small sit and goes against the same player getting these type of hands. 95% of the time they drew out two pair, the other 5% they got full house with turn and river. That is not luck or skill.

That's not a large sample size.

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Consecutively! Ya know, like one after the other and not playing anyone else. There is no one, no one that is that good. By logical odds I should have been able to get at least 1 if not just luck out and hit a couple.

How about explaining to me how he went all in with nothing so many times and hit high hand every time. Consecutively!!!

You are in a fog if you don't at least question how he pulled that off.

Only one option is left and you know it.

D

David Gibson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a large enough sample size for me to not play in the same sng he plays. Yea and I have never seen this player anywhere else.

If you want to go get a bigger sample I can tell you when and where they play. You can lose your money to get your sample size!

For you, I challenge you to go get your 10,000 samples.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He may have misread his hand as AQ, I've misread a 4 as an A a few times.

The other likely possibility is he was on tilt and wanted to steal the pot.

Or he misclicked - I've done an AI when I meant do do a CBet bluff occassionally.

Or as someone else said - he might have gone AFK and a child/pet clicked AI for him.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also if someone has a cheat to see hole cards, they are going to do it when their play looks plausible - defending in the BB/SB with a weak hand; defending when you both have plausible hands but their hand will bust you if they are sticky; etc. They aren't going to do it by jamming with air when you have a nut hand, and then getting the miracle runner runner.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
There are many variables
You can not do a single hand analysis
I think it does not make sense

Vlad D

Vlad D

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if the player won the previous hands, it means that he was probably the chip leader and could afford to bluff.

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I was at the table for at least 1 hour with the same people. Villain 2 did not seem to be a fish. Folding often. Raising his better hands IP (from what I seen at showdown). Never had he played junk hands, never going on tilt.

Flop is Ac Kd 7s.

I bet the pot, villain 2 goes All-in. Before this hand he had won the previous 2 hands (3 if I count the one when everyone folded to his minraise)

I was sure either I was trapped against a set, either he was bluffing or playing some A Q hand. I decide to call.

Turn and river come Q Q

Villain 2 (which- I repeat - with no previous fishy plays, and no reason to go on tilt - since he already had a good stack and had won the previous hand with good cards at showdown) - ....

Shows Q 4 offsuite. Unless he knew what cards would come or was a bot - why would he have gone all in on that board????

Poker is a great game - but not when bots or some rat with IT knowledge can counterfeit your everyday effort put into studying odds, maths and whatnot.

Did you play a freeroll?

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Check out the bad beats thread. Check out some bad beats on YouTube from live games. Then come back and make out the same argument. Poker isn't chess. Poker is a game for morons and broken hearts.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In fact, the same has happened to me at several poker sites. The reason is always my use of the submarin skill or when I suspect the opponent has a stronger hand than mine. This encourages the opponent to bluff or play aggressively. And in this case, it was I who made a mistake and I gave him the opportunity to do it and share the board with me.

Fivefor

Fivefor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
My short clash with online poker is over. Unless someone can explain this......

...I was sure either I was trapped against a set, either he was bluffing or playing some A Q hand. I decide to call....

...Take from this whatever you think.

This is my favourite part of this whiny, poor me, bad beat story. You specifically write that you had him pegged on a polarized range of either having you crushed or a big bluff. And then when his bluff gets picked off but still sucks out on you well this site must be rigged, or it's a bot or this player is cheating, wah waah, waaaaah. I'm gonna take all my money off this site and go home.....too funny.

Guess what, this kind of thing happens on EVERY poker site.

Oh, and one last thing, I notice that you didn't mention what stakes you were playing at or if it was with play chips or a cash game or tournament or what have you. Can only imagine it was a play chips table or micro stakes where this kind of play happens 100x more often than at a regular stakes game. As if we needed even more possible reasons....

I

ireneuszmasajlo

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
OK i don,t know if he was boot or just on tilt but I tell one off my story with poker stars...
I sit on sb in 6-max SCOOP buy in 55$ with KK i was quite deep in tournament and had I think over 50bb after 3 limps I rise big I think it was 7 bb limper from utg 1 calls rest folds .
Floop AK2 I check player from utg 1 bet big I think it was half off pot I put him on some AX soo rerise all in with my set and he call fast and show 99...............
and turn is 9 and river is...........................9
thank you very much poker stars

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flop is Ac Kd 7s.

It's called bluff, sometimes players made'em with somewhat value, some other times with FULL BLUFF, in this case representing AA/KK..."

that move was to made you fold QQ/JJ or some other cards that gave you gutshot.... but you called, and suffered a little variance!

its ok, it's happend, sometimes to you, other times to your villains ;)

Keep playing poker in your prefered room

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just another day at pokerstars Sorry to say I had full AAA33 I go all in and I get called by 9991010 and on the river he hits a 9 This was at stud

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just think about how much you will win if this flop scenario plays out 100 more times.

Shake it off.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Flop is Ac Kd 7s.

Turn and river come Q Q

During my 15+ years with online poker, I've seen my share of weirdness, impossibilities and scum, you name it. Most of the time, there's an explanation, technical or otherwise. It just seems so unfair when the outcome is against us. Still, nothing beats an old fashioned nice live game.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, weird things happen in poker all the time, that's why I have had more than 10 ggcare tournaments for bad beats (I never won anything). I the last one the flop was 883, I had a third 8, and a guy with K3 went all in, I joined him and the next two cards were KK. That's poker. It happens so often that maybe it's not even weird.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
If hands like that phase you then it is correct for you to give up poker and find something less stressful.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never mind son, Rome wasn't built in a day. Just keep on keeping on, studying and learning all the while, and you surely will come out on top !!!