Explain this

K

kahuamp

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My short clash with online poker is over. Unless someone can explain this.

AKh on the button, Viilain 1 raises, villain 2 calls. I 3 bet.

Villain 1 folds. Villain 2 calls.

I was at the table for at least 1 hour with the same people. Villain 2 did not seem to be a fish. Folding often. Raising his better hands IP (from what I seen at showdown). Never had he played junk hands, never going on tilt.

Flop is Ac Kd 7s.

I bet the pot, villain 2 goes All-in. Before this hand he had won the previous 2 hands (3 if I count the one when everyone folded to his minraise)

I was sure either I was trapped against a set, either he was bluffing or playing some A Q hand. I decide to call.

Turn and river come Q Q

Villain 2 (which- I repeat - with no previous fishy plays, and no reason to go on tilt - since he already had a good stack and had won the previous hand with good cards at showdown) - ....

Shows Q 4 offsuite. Unless he knew what cards would come or was a bot - why would he have gone all in on that board????

I withdrew the rest of my winnings and called it quits.

Poker is a great game - but not when bots or some rat with IT knowledge can counterfeit your everyday effort put into studying odds, maths and whatnot.

Take from this whatever you think.

U

UberPokerFan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played this correctly. There's not much you can do--I doubt the other player knew what was coming unless you were playing elevated stakes.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the villain was in the tilt. This is obvious from his behavior. He may have played at several tables. Therefore, you can not know what caused such an aggressive bluff. I try not to go all in until the river is open. But the opponent forces you to do it. Sometimes stupid actions lead to big pot wins. As in this case.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I think the villain was in the tilt. This is obvious from his behavior. He may have played at several tables. Therefore, you can not know what caused such an aggressive bluff. I try not to go all in until the river is open. But the opponent forces you to do it. Sometimes stupid actions lead to big pot wins. As in this case.

I can only agree lol sometimes you just think wow what kind of hand that was and you win with it too. something like that can always happen when it happens to our opponent then we believe it is bot or you have any information about the cards that are coming and we grumble on the poker site. But if it happens to us then we are happy and say that we were just lucky. Unfortunately it is the case that not only the best hand wins and that is a good thing. in poker it doesn't matter what you have in hand but also what is on the table and the people you play with at a table, how you can read them and sometimes it's just luck

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What was the room? Did you try to follow that guy and watch his other action? That could have clarified the stuff.

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love how ppl will make assumptions off of such small sample size. Dumb ass.

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice to meet you. And nice signature too

Anything to actually add other than "I had a bad hand online, this shits weird" generic conspiracy thread? If your actually serious about the game don't make posts like this. Complete scrub moment.

Y

Yakker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here's Another

Playing a nice friendly game on a Sunday afternoon. 5 cent 10 cent on a 6 max table. I'm on the button and the cards are dealt. I get 2h2c and 3 players go to the flop. Flop is 2s 7d 2d. My heart does flips and I start thinking about how to get max value. Every one checks around and turn comes Jc. When it comes to me I bet 3\4 pot. I get two calls and one fold. The river comes and it's the 2h. Now I know a lot of folks will say it didn't happen but why would I lie. I'm a 70 year old retired guy that just plays as a hobby. The hand just disappeared and the money in the pot returned to the players. I don't know what to think. Anyone got any ideas on this. No I'm not going to name the site. I've got enough headaches.:confused:

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I was at the table for at least 1 hour with the same people. Villain 2 did not seem to be a fish. Folding often. Raising his better hands IP (from what I seen at showdown). Never had he played junk hands, never going on tilt.

Flop is Ac Kd 7s.

I bet the pot, villain 2 goes All-in. Before this hand he had won the previous 2 hands (3 if I count the one when everyone folded to his minraise)

I was sure either I was trapped against a set, either he was bluffing or playing some A Q hand. I decide to call.

Turn and river come Q Q

Villain 2 (which- I repeat - with no previous fishy plays, and no reason to go on tilt - since he already had a good stack and had won the previous hand with good cards at showdown) - ....

Shows Q 4 offsuite. Unless he knew what cards would come or was a bot - why would he have gone all in on that board????

Poker is a great game - but not when bots or some rat with IT knowledge can counterfeit your everyday effort put into studying odds, maths and whatnot.

Maybe he misclicked when he called. Maybe he wanted to fold.
It happened to me once preflop… and I hit the nuts. The opponents was totally angry of course…

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes the luck in the cards for others so we have to leave the cards and see better ones in showdown but sometimes these things happen.:eek:

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you played on a very unknown poker site I wouldn't put my hand on the fire for them, but if it was one of the big poker sites you can be (99,99%) sure he didn't know what cards there were to come. As said in previous comments, although he hadn't show any reasons or tells that he was tilting, something else could have happened on other tables he was playing or in real life. Maybe he was playing higher stakes on other tables and got really unlucky, bubbled a tournament or sattelite he had invested a lot, maybe he couldn't play anymore due to an emergency. I myself have already tilted out of nowhere in a game because I bubbled a tournament over 20x the buy in of the one I sudddenly tilted, I was so upset I didn't want to play that "small" game anymore, so it was fine for me to lose. I know it can be tilting losing to runner runner that way, but keep in mind that this happens when we play too many hands. Don't give up on poker yet, if you don't have the mind to play right now just take a break. If you are a winning player a cooler shouldn't ruin your online poker journey. One tip that I have to tilt less and it has worked for me was playing more tables of lower buy ins. I don't mind that much when I get coolered, since there wasn't that much money in stake to begin with and I still have other tables to play and to compensate variance. Wish you luck.

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing a nice friendly game on a Sunday afternoon. 5 cent 10 cent on a 6 max table. I'm on the button and the cards are dealt. I get 2h2c and 3 players go to the flop. Flop is 2s 7d 2d. My heart does flips and I start thinking about how to get max value. Every one checks around and turn comes Jc. When it comes to me I bet 3\4 pot. I get two calls and one fold. The river comes and it's the 2h. Now I know a lot of folks will say it didn't happen but why would I lie. I'm a 70 year old retired guy that just plays as a hobby. The hand just disappeared and the money in the pot returned to the players. I don't know what to think. Anyone got any ideas on this. No I'm not going to name the site. I've got enough headaches.:confused:
Well, I only play on pokerstars and have never seen anything like that. Why wouldn't you name the site though?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love it, when people make this huge leap from "someone made a wild bluff and got lucky" to "OMG its rigged and I got cheated". Its especially funny, since most of the people making these kind of posts play very low stakes. So basically the hypothesis is, that someone found a perfect way of cheating and then choose to use it in a 5$ tournament or even a freeroll :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a more serious note if you cant take a bad beat without going on massive tilt, then maybe poker is not for you. So maybe OP made a good decision to stop playing poker. Its a game, that can bring a lot of fun and for some also be profitable. But just like horseriding, mountain climbing or other activities, its not for everyone.

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played well the fish was lucky, in the long run will be a winner in such situation. GL

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Maybe he thought, you were playing to tight, and decided to take a random hand and run a big bluff. Or maybe Q4 was his "lucky hand". A lot of recreational players think like that. There is no point in overthinking, why people make a weird move in poker. And especially not when you are playing freerolls or 1$ SnGs. Its essentially playmoney, so of course not everyone is going to take it as serious, as apparently you do.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might have been able to explain it to myself if J or T had come instead of 7. Then he would only have had a gutshot. But his game really doesn't make sense like that. Above all, hardly anyone would play like that even if they hit a monster. With a set of seven, very few raise and most call only to pull out more money from the opponent on the turn and river. Because most people don't raise with a monster in such a situation, you shouldn't do that with air either. Well you definitely did everything right. You are powerless against that.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens

Flop is Ac Kd 7s.

Turn and river come Q Q

I understand as I have had a similar occurrence more than once. Let me guess you were playing on PokerStars. Many times I have had a premium hand and some fool goes all in with junk and yes my AA, Kk, etc fails when the fool catches a straight or a flush to his 46 off suit holding. Not rigged. They say,,,,right:):):)

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Flop is Ac Kd 7s.

Turn and river come Q Q

I think you need to relax a bit in the bots and some rat with IT knowledge. To be fair there could be a simple reason it happened and sadly is hurt you. I have made some really embarrassing moves at time. Why, I play multiple tables. I have pushed all in on the wrong game and table. I have become very careful to not do this but I still may make an error at time. There have also been time i hit a few numbers to many and my 1000 chips bet become a all in that's was 10,000. Just saying this is a possibility.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy stuff just happens man. I doubt he knew what was coming though, he probably just ran a crazy bluff

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. First you are not the sole victim. I know how you feel. Online will never be perfect. Best to play live poker where you know who you are up against. Otherwise it will suck your money up like a vacuum.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Which room/site were you playing on?

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love how ppl will make assumptions off of such small sample size. Dumb ass.

I loved the part where the guy “withdrew the rest of my winnings” and left the table.

Comes here and throws a tantrum. Lol. If one terrible outcome of ONE DAMN HAND is enough to get you off the site……stay off. Poker don’t need your $3 account.

Good xxxxxxx grief. You said yourself you thought either he had you BURIED with a set……or just bluffing.

“But but but but I was at the table an HOUR and he NEVER made a play like that”

I hear ya. I nope I never ever ever change up my play online. Never. Not ever. Never. Same play every single game I’ve ever played in my entire online career

You got beat by a guy (probably) on tilt. If you can’t get over that…..buh bye.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain 2 (which- I repeat - with no previous fishy plays, and no reason to go on tilt - since he already had a good stack and had won the previous hand with good cards at showdown)

A lot of people play multible tables, when they play online. So you absolutely can not assume, someone can not be on tilt, just because they have been doing well at the specific table, where you are playing with them. If the guy just busted from 4 other tournaments in the last 5 minutes, then he can certainly be on tilt, and this might affect, how he play on your table. Maybe your table was now the last one, he had left, and his though process might have been something like this:

"**** this shit game and this stupid rigged poker site, I am not going to fold (again), so I just ship it in and hope, my opponent will fold, and I dont even care, if I lose".

Or maybe he was in the toilet, and the hand was played by his 14 year old son, who found the computer unattended. Or, or, or. There are lots of explanations, why someone might choose to play a bad hand and run a wild bluff, and they are all way more likely than your frankly ridiculous idea, he somehow knew, which cards were going to fall on the turn and river.