Do you fold Aks 1st hand of the game???

C

chauncey274

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it's a call if I think I'm beating his range by this much.

If this is a low stakes tourney and it's super early on, this massive overbet just wreaks of "fish" and I know I'm dominating his range with AKs. Along with that, there's already like 250 in the pot when he shoves about 1600. So even if it's one of the rare times your flipping, you're not in terrible shape. But alot of the time he'll turn up Ax or Kx and you have him dominated.

If this was later in the tourney and this exact same line was taken I think it's way too many BB's to call off espeacially considering that it's incredibly unlikely that someone would shove that many BB's in the middle of tournament without AA and KK making up a good segment of his range. But early in the game I think it's a great chance to increase your stack so that you can maneuver better later on.

H

haystack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me myself i would only call up to a 3bet pre-flop with it cause early on there is no reason to push so hard if tourney just started.

B

bizbakol

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If 2 players or more go all-in, I think the fold is an option. When 1 player go all-in you have to measure the opponent position and make a decision.

S

solta1234

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold

I always fold in that position far too risky because in best scenario you are 50-50. vs QQ or JJ or worse KK AA. You have 50BB so wait for better time to shove it all in:cool:

C

Corteezy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never seem to play AK the right or winning way but early in tournaments are easier to play with because of all the donks.

K

kaloyanov810

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no becouse most player go all in and i have monster hand

R

roots10

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just fold because this all-in it is usually with KK and AA
in this case it was not but not worth risking tournament

M

Michleuxaxa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good for hand pre-flop, but requires aggressive play. Copy and furthermore rireyz do only with the same or older pocket pair. those. Range hands of the enemy, we understand, a huge plus.and preflopny Allin always roulette. But statistics only count options under repeated.

A

antonioni

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
at the beginning of the tournament we just go for sure.

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You just cannot play profitable and folding profitable hands, just because you dont like them.
Bad beat is not a reason to do anything otherwise, on the contrary, in long term bad beats should not matter.
Especially in micro and low stakes, dont be afraid to go all-in with AK on first hand.

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am the 1st to act holding AKs I will raise 3-4 BB and then see what opponents do what flop is and then decide the next move.
Will not go all in on starting of a game.

Aceplayer55

Aceplayer55

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doubling up on the first hand does not substantially increase your tourney chances. (Hard to quantify it.) But we do know what losing it all on the first hand does to your chances !!

Really, the only reason to try to double up early in a tourney is if you are outclassed and have no hope otherwise.

F

fooks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
prefer to watch the flop,and if you don't hit the flop then throw

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
almost never usually go all in or big raise juste one player to call....

NateVest

NateVest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would be tough for me to find a fold button, but I am a nit so I would muck em.

2Pacavelli

2Pacavelli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This particular occasion I also give call as it is a low-level tournament and certainly the AKs have a good advantage over the range of donks giving all in over the beginning of the tournament , unfortunately you out of luck

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To add to my earlier reply: if its a freeze out MTT, I think I can fold for 55BBs, unless it's something like a 180 that loads up frequently.

If it's a re-entry or re-buy, I can see calling since it's still early and I can always join again if I bust.

Alexeyss

Alexeyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me this mostly depends on the flop. With AK I always want to have a peek on the flop except if you have to play half your stack for this peek.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wont make the the call with anything less than AA,because it was too early and probably don't have enough read on the opponent also.

P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the others just make a pre flop raise and see what's to come, but your not in the wrong making the call either, just happened to be unlucky. I tend to be alil more reserve first hand in and get a range of how wild the table is and who to look out for, before getting involved in big early decisions.

jscales

jscales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AKs first hand

In the position that you presented I would have had no problem laying down AKs. Then if he tabled his hand and I saw that I had him crushed I would have probably been a little tilted for awhile... Bottom line is hindsight is 20/20.

All of that said with no read on the guy because it was the first hand I would have had to lay it down and work on taking the chips later in the tournament.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Top 10 Games Folding in Poker