Status
Not open for further replies.
P

paulsmall007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would make the call there as well, looking to be against a k10 or higher king off hand, or any ace, I'll take my chances

T

Tomioto3095

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, for you can answer this question, you have to have more information about the player. But, if you are short stack too, i think you have to call, because probably you are favorite

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mid phase,probably i call,you are last man,but in this situation i try luck card!

sofren

sofren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends. First, in wich postion player is, if he is on small blind or butonn maybe is bluff( l will call). Second if this players was be passive previously maybe he have a good hand right no( l will fold in this situation). Third, if this player lose previously hand with badbeat or something like that maybe he push his all in becose he is frustrated(l will call in this situation)...
At the end if you have some feel call, all is on you. Just think and dont be fast, you have time to make good decision. P.S. If 8 is you lucky number call :) :D

A

alexdr87

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't risk it and made a fold, as in many cases, the villain could have pair

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think fold because as he is worse position in his arms better card, but in general you need him to watch him play aggressive or tight

J

jerohit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold.. 5500 is your half stack.. not good to call half stack on 8s..

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is the player's position, what is his play style?

vezy4iy

vezy4iy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That well what for , I would not I riskedl. My opinion - fold !

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold, 10-10 or higher!
With 20k in front of me, I would call!

R

Ranny

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He shoves 10bb you have 20bb, you are probably at best racing, so I think fold.

Mind you is this a turbo or standard structure? I'd call in a turbo but fold in a standard.

Jim Brown

Jim Brown

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the structure and position, average stacks, many relevant factors left out. I would say it's a fold, you're probably no more than 55% against their range. But if they're shoving BTN or SB and you're BB for example they're probably wider and I'd be more inclined to call. Any action in front? As a start I probably call TT+, AK but 99 and AQs I probably call knowing I shouldn't. 88, AQo getting easier to dump.

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ah 88 is true

fold

Gabinho12345

Gabinho12345

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what position did he shoved?

M

max chong

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I probably delivered in this situation

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would have tried to evaluate the behavior of the player before as far as possible, if he frequently raises or goes all-in my answer a call if the opposite is waiting for a card and then goes on the attack the fold

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With that kind of a raise, probably the best you could hope for is a flip. I think I'd fold and wait for a better opportunity rather than put in more than half my chips.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It depends on many factors.

We must take into consideration the position of this fellow ( ofcourse if sb has bet before him and forced him to shove , but from what you say someting like that never happenned ) , if he has shoved from UTG or MPor BU is important to know .

We also need to know whether he has shoved before , if he has reached showdowns much before with what hands he did , how loose or tight he is ...

But generally I , with 20 BB , 8 M if I 'm not wrong , I would not choose to shove here , but wait for a better hand from position . I don't think it's time for flip with an open shove , but that's my opinion:) .

YoSoyMarce

YoSoyMarce

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if him are russian please call that :D you will win all times

D

Dan Lucas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you feel about coin flips? Because in most cases, he has 2 over cards. You are basically putting your tournament life on the line if you call here. You have to win flips to win tournaments, but this is a gut call more than anything else. I don't know of any pros who would fold here, but they don't care if they lose. I believe that SuzdalDEcor is putting math to the decisions that the pros make to call here. What would I do? Depends on the tournament and how things have played out up to this point, how fast blinds are jumping and where the bubble is.

A

AsusTeam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fold ... a player who applies an all-in in the middle of the tournament, and has more players to speak, surely he's wanting a call for him to bend .... wait melores hands for call .... 88 is good for u go all in and not for call

K

KGetsPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have to say its slightly risky to call. more often then not, he has over pair so like 50/50 odds but if you end up facing a higher pair you are only getting ~20% odds. I would say just make a gut decision based on how aggressive he has been, how many mistakes you have seen him make, and if there are circumstances putting pressure on him to shove.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the player is playing tight don t call. If he play agressive call

protuva35

protuva35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on what is in my hand , if I have a bigger pocket pair from 88 probably I'll call before -flop , flop comes out if a no throw 8 if you have a larger cards i fold. If the opponent is unsure of vocation continue to call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folding in Poker