naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dood. Two quick links for yeh:

- https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-hand-analysis-51/
- https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tou...ent-hand-analysis-read-before-posting-174517/

Please make sure you post in the Hand Analysis forum (^^ the first link) next time! Will move it there now (won't be so nice next time!). Also please provide a hand history of some sort, or at least include the specific blind levels and stack sizes.

Ok Fair enough, understood, but how Do I convert hand Histories from Carbon Poker?:confused:

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have tracking software you might be able to use their built in converters. Otherwise just post the screenshot, I'm not sure there's much else you can do. But at least that way we have the relevant info on the hand.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BTW, anyone saying folding here to min cash is right is simply wrong. You cannot fold. You have JJ against a ridic aggro guy. If you play with the mentality to min cash every tournament then you are playing horribly wrong. Always play to win, because that is where the money is.

Think I've been too polite to wrong answers up til now.

The PoolBoy

The PoolBoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sounds as though read is solid...I'm jamming it in this place. picking up chips here is key to getting further down the road to final table.

DetroitJimmy

DetroitJimmy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, anyone saying folding here to min cash is right is simply wrong. You cannot fold. You have JJ against a ridic aggro guy. If you play with the mentality to min cash every tournament then you are playing horribly wrong. Always play to win, because that is where the money is.

Sometimes I think the harsher the better. I take no offense to what you said and it will stick in my head the way you said it. Before your post I thought it was a close call(but,still a call none the less), but now I know better.

Be brutally honest because it is hard to learn with wishy-washy answers. It's not like you are being a DB about it or anything you are just stating fact.

brackdog

brackdog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You can never be too polite.

If OP were lurking around just under the bubble, praying for a min cash, I might agree with this tack. He's not: he's in 7th place. He's not playing to go deep, he already is deep. OOP against a stack that can bust me, I toss this middle pair in a second. There will be better opportunities to capitalize on what has, up til now, been an excellent outing.

bd

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The problem with being polite is people never seem to take the advice seriously :p

If you are hanging in for a min cash, you are playing out of BRM - play within BRM so you are comfortable if you don't cash and can focus on winning.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What sort of better opportunity is there? If you squeak into the money you probably double your buy-in or so, but if you can make top 3 you can make serious cash. How do we increase our chances of coming in the top 3? By taking advantage of spots like this one.

An example - take this recently completed On Demand Rush MTT, $12 buy-in with 298 entrants. I've attached the payout structure below. As you can see, finishing 28-36 pays out only $14.75, which is barely above what you paid to get in. To contrast, 3rd pays out $393.36, 2nd pays out $524.48, and 1st pays out $819.50. So you need ~26, ~35, and ~55 min-cashes to equal a 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place finish, respectively. While it is true that he's going to go deeper than a min-cash some of the time, it seems pretty clear to me that it's totally worth it to try and secure a chip lead as soon as possible, so that you increase your chances of dominating the final table.

Attachments

• payout structure.jpg
    payout structure.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 19