AKo faced with allin reraise

J

joeeagles

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just checked it out now Shandy, I saw that you finished in the 300s and incredibly villain finished in 10th place, which shows once again how big the luck factor is considering he could have been busted right there before the bubble and not even get ITM.

Overall a great result for you being only your second time in the SM and with a bit of better luck who knows that 10th place could have been yours, maybe even better.

The result of this hand clearly stunk but you made the right decision since the money went in when you were a 2 to 1 favored. Still though, you did a very nice job overcoming that and managing to make it as far as you did. A great result for you, well done.

S

Shandy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah looked up his position yesterday and was amazed to see he got 10th, makes me regret the call even more, although i do still think it was the correct call.

mrsnake3695

mrsnake3695

I'm confused
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing what cards villan had it was obviously the right call. If you knew what villan had would you still call, the answer is of course yes, so the call was correct against this player in these circumstances. Losing the hand is not really relevant. But think about it, if you win the hand you have a big chip stack and villan (who somehow finished 10th) would be out. You might have been the one to finish in the top 10 if you win the hand that the odds are really in your favor.

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just checked it out now Shandy, I saw that you finished in the 300s and incredibly villain finished in 10th place, which shows once again how big the luck factor is considering he could have been busted right there before the bubble and not even get ITM.

First of all, unlucky m8 - the hand he showed was probably worse than we all thought, so good call.

An `observation` about the above quote rather than anything else. I am comming to terms with bad beats because I don`t think about it as `luck` any more. I think of `probabilities`

If you think about it, pre flop the best position you can be in is about 7/1 fav to win the pot. So if in that position someone sucks u out, I sit and think "the probability of that happening is 7/1, so I will probably win the next 6" It might sound silly, but its about a PMA (positive mental attitude - the glass is always 1/2 full)

And if I get 2 bad beats in a row, even better, because the probability of that happening again for a while is remote, 3 in a row, well, its like all my birthdays have come at once :D - I`m bound to go on a Jamie Gold run soon!!!

Just wanted to share that with you guys :)