Aces on First hand of $5 Sit & Go

rob5775

rob5775

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I just gave people at this level too much credit. I'm confused why some of you think shoving after the flop would be more likely to get me a caller, is it just because it looks like I'm bluffing?

Correct. Overbet = bluff (at least to a player with a braincell). So essentially you are making a overbet for value, and is read by most players as weak.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I just gave people at this level too much credit.

Yes, you are giving people at this level too much credit to put it bluntly. It's possible you are up against a decent player with a monster, but the odds given the action so far are *very* slim.

I'm confused why some of you think shoving after the flop would be more likely to get me a caller, is it just because it looks like I'm bluffing?
I understand that my pre flop raise was too low but some of you are saying I should of shoved and I still just think that is a mistake. I know I had three limpers before me but I still think people at this level are going to need a really big hand to be calling all in on the first hand. What if I just shove and everyone folds, I get like 100 chips isn't that a bit of a waste?

A 580 bet is a bet that practically screams I have a big hand, and even your average player at this level will be able to understand that. A shove does not necessarily scream I have a big hand, it screams the loudest "GO AWAY!". Which is a sign of weakness and will look like a maniac play. Do not discount the table image this will give you if they both fold, as has already been said this will give you an edge later when you hit a good hand.

I don't really recommend the preflop shove here, although it's not a "wrong" or terrible move. In certain situations it can be a good idea, but those are pretty specific situations. Regardless though the main point of this still stands..you have to eliminate some people preflop. The last thing you want with bullets is half the table coming along with you to the flop.

Postflop however..shoving is fine and quite possibly optimal.

B

barney102

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pop it up way more preflop. I understand the blinds are low, however with alot of online players not understanding odds I wouldn't have made it 5-7 times the blind. However how the hand was played with 4 callers I would fold most of the time to a raise reraise, I don't like to get to connected with AA, as it does sometimes give a false sense of hope as a small set or two pair may have hit others. Other play would be to raise 2.5-3 times the raise of the reraise, if someone goes over the top, you know for sure your beat.

I

intlplaya

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise should be more

My Analysis says,

1. Your original raise s/b at least 200 your in late position so you have to
clear the medicore hands from the table 160 to 240 raise should do it.
2. Since, 1 did not happen, know u must reraise the raiser another 100, this should give you a good read on his cards. If he reraises, you proceed cautiously, if calls put him on 1 pair.
3. Since you raised from late they may have thought you were trying to
steal the pot.
4. The flop was a rainbow so flush is of the board. 53 my put someone on
straight, remember you must make it expensive for anyone to see the turn.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands