Chips
The changer of minds strikes again

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as i thought i need much more information for icmizer to be useful.

OP, if you can find this hand try and get the following information

remaining players in the tournament and the average stack even if it's an approximation.

assuming 50 players are left, with an average stack of 150,000 this is an easy, easy call in icmizer, it starts to get close at A8 A9 type hands and 66+ KQ is around a break-even, but this is by no means accurate, if i still had my subscription i could play around with it more and work out how tight this guy would have to be to fold.

However, forgetting all that, if we think his range is lots of aces we dominate and some of the broadway hands we dominate the the logic and common sense points to a call since this is likely past the bubble, but with still 4-5 tables left. I could be wrong here but i think it's a decent assumption to make considering blind levels and stack sizes, we still have a loooooong way to go here.. anytime we have such a long way to go we really don't want to be passing up many +EV spots.

Edit- i do have some background info on the hero here, i'm pretty sure he was playing at an off peak time so the size of the tournament will be smaller, thus i estimated 50 players, normally i'd estimate like 100-200 left at this stage.

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
By looking at this hand again i think it looks like a call and thats what i did in game aswell, il try to see if i can find this hand in my hud and get some stats. And obviously its in the money cause of how deep the blinds are.

M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a snap call, you need to win at least 38% of times to break even as trent32la said, and to his pushing range I think you will win more than 38% of the times. It depends if the player y tight or loose, but if you have no stats I think the call is more likely than a fold

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PokerStars - $6.82+$0.68|7000/14000 Ante 1750 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): 14.06 BB
UTG: 8.56 BB (VPIP: 50.00, PFR: 37.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
UTG+1: 19.56 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
MP: 25.73 BB (VPIP: 100.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
MP+1: 9.28 BB (VPIP: 14.22, PFR: 12.14, 3Bet Preflop: 5.48, Hands: 214)
MP+2: 6.18 BB (VPIP: 35.00, PFR: 10.53, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 20)
CO: 6.23 BB (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 16.67, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 12)
BTN: 10.99 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)
SB: 33.63 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)

9 players post ante of 0.13 BB, SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 2.63 BB) Hero has J:club: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to 9.16 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 8.16 BB

Flop: (19.94 BB, 2 players) 2:heart: 4:spade: 5:heart:

Turn: (19.94 BB, 2 players) 5:club:

River: (19.94 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
HTML:
dff
Code:
fref
PHP:
efrg
Can someone tell me how to do a spoiler????????????????????????:coffee:

Hero shows J:club: A:club: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 64%, Flop 79%, Turn 86%)
MP+1 shows T:club: K:club: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 36%, Flop 21%, Turn 14%)
Hero wins 19.94 BB

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And also just because players have nitty stats, it doesnt really mean much. because i have the nittiest stats. but when i have 10bb i can turn into a donkey. so he is probly pushing wider than his stats suggest.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that depends if he's good or not. to find out if he's good or not programs like tournament shark can help put a hud of winnings on your screen. If he's won a ton then he likely plays like a good player and thus will be jamming really wide here, but if he's won nothing, then he's likely a nit and we're likely not doing that well vs his range(but it's still likely a call)

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And by looking at the hands played this guy is probly a reg cus this looks like a new table. so the reg should have appropriate pushing range.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
plus poker orifice posted above that he's likely a reg, playing 22k games or whatever. meaning jackie range is likely around about right. But if the supplied info above was mentioned, this would not have been a big debate.

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Klau_es412 finished the tournament in 57th place and received $54.35.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just to muddy the waters....after seeing those pretty nitty HUD stats I think it is once again a borderline spot. There is no way any of us could have known he had played 22,000 tourneys....so we have no basis for assuming he is anything but a nit.

Not a clear fold, not a clear call. The suitedness actually might matter in this spot. Again....AQ is a call for me. I think AJo is the exact bottom of my range here and if I were live I'd take a read. If he's comfortable I muck the AJs. If he's uncomfortable I call with the AJo. If I have no physical tell then AJs is exactly borderline to me. Since we're not live I have to go based on the stats and the stats tell me that he is pushing a real hand here (he's not even in late position).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
to find out if he's good or not programs like tournament shark can help put a hud of winnings on your screen. If he's won a ton then he likely plays like a good player

plus poker orifice posted above that he's likely a reg, playing 22k games or whatever.

There is no way any of us could have known he had played 22,000 tourneys....so we have no basis for assuming he is anything but a nit.

Actually there is a way that many of us could have known.

Also, typically in later stages of tourneys online (even the $5 & $10's), ~2/3 of the table has played significant volume and most are winning players.

Personally I tend to err on the side of calling too tight (more so in games where I know the players & & 'if' I feel I have a good chance at finding spots... ie. private forum games (CC) online) but I could never find a fold in a spot like this one.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just to muddy the waters....after seeing those pretty nitty HUD stats I think it is once again a borderline spot. There is no way any of us could have known he had played 22,000 tourneys....so we have no basis for assuming he is anything but a nit.

Not a clear fold, not a clear call. The suitedness actually might matter in this spot. Again....AQ is a call for me. I think AJo is the exact bottom of my range here and if I were live I'd take a read. If he's comfortable I muck the AJs. If he's uncomfortable I call with the AJo. If I have no physical tell then AJs is exactly borderline to me. Since we're not live I have to go based on the stats and the stats tell me that he is pushing a real hand here (he's not even in late position).

yea i think stats make it closer, but at same time they clearly aren't from this table so id see what hands he had shipped so far. id still call AT+ 77+ but drop A9s and 66 given stats. people also have huds that filter by stack size which would be helpful since running those stats full ring are pretty defensible pre ante

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
id also look up how many tables he is playing at the time

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use pt4 should i use filtering for stack size?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a huge fan of filtrring stats in sngs however I just dont think filtering is worth it in mtt. id much prefer having info like how many games played and how much they win or lose.. which is something your hud cannot give you.

as mentioned tournament shark offers this and so does sharkscope. so you can get data on players at the tables which is incredibly usefuk in spots like this.