$6.50 NLHE STT Turbo: Called min raise with 99, would it have reversed implied odds?

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$6.50 NL HE STT Turbo: Called min raise with 99, would it have reversed implied odds?

I decided to not shove this one since since I have a fair few chips and I thought that at best it would be a coin flip if I was called, so I'm essentially bluffing really; I might get called by 22-88 or A8s or something but that is unlikely. So I thought I'd call instead, and make a move on a safe flop. However, the problem with this play I realised that I probably will only get a lot of money in if I'm behind. I might be able to get a draw to put a lot of money in or some spastic who thinks their 77/A8/AK is good but for the most part this won't be true. Because of this, is this hand I fold? What if it was a MTT instead of a STT?

poker stars $6.00+$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t50/t100 Blinds - 9 players
The Official 2+2 Hand Converter Powered By DeucesCracked.com

UTG+2: t1860 M = 12.40
MP1: t1655 M = 11.03
Hero (MP2): t1860 M = 12.40
CO: t1550 M = 10.33
BTN: t930 M = 6.20
SB: t1170 M = 7.80
BB: t1485 M = 9.90
UTG: t1600 M = 10.67
UTG+1: t1390 M = 9.27

Pre Flop: (t150) Hero is MP2 with 9:club: 9:spade:
2 folds, UTG+2 raises to t200, MP1 calls t200, Hero calls t200, 4 folds

Flop: (t750) 2:diamond: 7:club: 7:heart: (3 players)
UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets t400, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling is super horrible here. theres a load of dead money in the pot preflop, if we're ahead of villaisn range, like, if hes a bad player, then we should be shoving this preflop, if he's bad we get called by worse, all the stuff were flipping against, and he probably stacks with pairs under 9's too. Not to mention all the times he just folds and gives us the pot right then and there. this is like the perfect reshove spot. The one concern i have about it is this, it's an UTG range, and we actually have a few people to shove into, considering all of these factors, it maeks the decision a little more marginal, but i hate folding in a really good spot because of overcall fears.

P

pat3392

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling is super horrible here. theres a load of dead money in the pot preflop, if we're ahead of villaisn range, like, if hes a bad player, then we should be shoving this preflop, if he's bad we get called by worse, all the stuff were flipping against, and he probably stacks with pairs under 9's too. Not to mention all the times he just folds and gives us the pot right then and there. this is like the perfect reshove spot. The one concern i have about it is this, it's an UTG range, and we actually have a few people to shove into, considering all of these factors, it maeks the decision a little more marginal, but i hate folding in a really good spot because of overcall fears.

moz-screenshot.png
Could you please eloborate; is calling super bad due to reversed implied odds, or because shoving is better?

To be honest the dead money did not cross my mind... I loaded up SnG wizard and it says that folding is the best. I copied the window of it to the clip board to show you but couldn't find the clip board.... help?

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, but you probably have bad ranges.. It's a shove or fold spot, we don't want to be calling behind much in a SNG, it's too spewy when overcards hit the flop.

Thinking about it a little more, i think an UTG raise combined with a few players left to act, would swing this in favour of a fold. yeah, folding is best here i think.

robhimself

robhimself

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need 20-25x the raise to setmine with a pocket pair.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator