$5 NLHE: MTT delimma

T

Teebone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$5 NL HE: MTT delimma

full tilt poker Game #16060702043: $5 + $0.50 Sit & Go (118045031), Table 5 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:46:56 ET - 2009/11/16
Seat 1: XXDONKEY_KINGXX (2,310)
Seat 2: xxDivinityxx (5,315)
Seat 3: Fred Sherman (875)
Seat 4: joe black112 (12,040)
Seat 5: AkaChopper23 (1,725)
Seat 6: bigpoppa1117 (55)
Seat 7: MarcieGirl008 (4,800)
Seat 8: Teebone101 (4,170)
Seat 9: Quilla (7,800)
Teebone101 posts the small blind of 50
Quilla posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Teebone101 [Jc As]
XXDONKEY_KINGXX folds
xxDivinityxx folds
Fred Sherman folds
joe black112 calls 100
AkaChopper23 folds
bigpoppa1117 calls 55, and is all in
MarcieGirl008 calls 100
Teebone101 raises to 500
Quilla folds
joe black112 calls 400
MarcieGirl008 calls 400
*** FLOP *** [Qd Ah 8h]
Teebone101 bets 800
joe black112 raises to 1,600
Teebone101?

What should i do?

Im the newest at the table, theres 2 tables left in the 45 man tournament. I havent played any hands yet. Actually i tried, ive raised maybe twice and got 3 bet both times and laid it down( i had minimal holdings) Ive noticed villian limps alot and tries to use his chips to muscle the pot. I seen him re-raise/fold a couple times. So i didnt give him any credit for a hand.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
got yourself in a tough spot by misplaying the hand preflop.... sure he may be limping but you now have to worry about yet another limper, both have position on you.. so preflop if you feel compelled to play it you raise needs to be much larger, by making it 500 your inviting a call from the bigstack which will give great odds for the next person to call also..

as it stands i think theres nearly half your stack in the middle so id prolly just push all in, chances are he is a spazz having accumulated such a large stack early in a SNG, he could have almost anything here.. and your ace rates to be the best by far id imagine... but try and stop putting yourself in these tough spots out of position, your more likely to make mistakes and be busted out when you have 47 BB, you could have easily just called preflop and played it carefully..

G

Greyshadows

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the above poster regarding the hand being misplayed preflop however the only issue i have is with pushing tbh id just let go of the hand then and there ive got 36 BBs left and im completely unsure what the villain has he could easilly be misplaying AQ/AK by limping and with the amount of chips invested im really not willing to suffer for his mistakes. Id just gracefully bow out and pick another hand to battle with one that i have better position in or that I can commit my stack to AA KK. If the villain is as you say muslcing people with his chips then the oppertunity will present itself again and next time you may find yourself with a better hand to make that shove.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the one player AI everyone knows that their cards will be seen at showdown thus it's less likely for any of them to be playing complete trash. I don't mind playing AJo for a limp here and see if you hit bingo but OOP to the big stack bully there is no way I'm raising it unless I'm prepared to get it AI if I hit any part of the flop. If that is the case then your flop bet would have been for more than the pot (T$2000) and then shove over any raise and call any shove.

T

Teebone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you guys, my thought process for raising was to take the pot down right there. I also figured if i hit my ace i would be fav to win the pot.

Heres what happend.

Full Tilt poker game #16060702043: $5 + $0.50 Sit & Go (118045031), Table 5 - 50/100 - No Limit Hold'em - 2:46:56 ET - 2009/11/16
Seat 1: XXDONKEY_KINGXX (2,310)
Seat 2: xxDivinityxx (5,315)
Seat 3: Fred Sherman (875)
Seat 4: joe black112 (12,040)
Seat 5: AkaChopper23 (1,725)
Seat 6: bigpoppa1117 (55)
Seat 7: MarcieGirl008 (4,800)
Seat 8: Teebone101 (4,170)
Seat 9: Quilla (7,800)
Teebone101 posts the small blind of 50
Quilla posts the big blind of 100
The button is in seat #7
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Teebone101 [Jc As]
XXDONKEY_KINGXX folds
xxDivinityxx folds
Fred Sherman folds
joe black112 calls 100
AkaChopper23 folds
bigpoppa1117 calls 55, and is all in
MarcieGirl008 calls 100
Teebone101 raises to 500
Quilla folds
joe black112 calls 400
MarcieGirl008 calls 400
*** FLOP *** [Qd Ah 8h]
Teebone101 bets 800
joe black112 raises to 1,600
MarcieGirl008 folds
Teebone101 raises to 3,670, and is all in
joe black112 calls 2,070
Teebone101 shows [Jc As]
joe black112 shows [Qh Qs]
bigpoppa1117 shows [Ts 2s]
*** TURN *** [Qd Ah 8h] [5h]
*** RIVER *** [Qd Ah 8h 5h] [Jd]
Teebone101 shows two pair, Aces and Jacks
joe black112 shows three of a kind, Queens
joe black112 wins the side pot (8,720) with three of a kind, Queens
bigpoppa1117 shows Ace Queen high
joe black112 wins the main pot (275) with three of a kind, Queens
bigpoppa1117 stands up
Teebone101 stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 8,995 Main pot 275. Side pot 8,720. | Rake 0
Board: [Qd Ah 8h 5h Jd]
Seat 1: XXDONKEY_KINGXX didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: xxDivinityxx didn't bet (folded)
Seat 3: Fred Sherman didn't bet (folded)
Seat 4: joe black112 showed [Qh Qs] and won (8,995) with three of a kind, Queens
Seat 5: AkaChopper23 didn't bet (folded)
Seat 6: bigpoppa1117 showed [Ts 2s] and lost with Ace Queen high
Seat 7: MarcieGirl008 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 8: Teebone101 (small blind) showed [Jc As] and lost with two pair, Aces and Jacks
Seat 9: Quilla (big blind) folded before the Flop

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With the one player AI everyone knows that their cards will be seen at showdown thus it's less likely for any of them to be playing complete trash.

I disagree - there's an all in player but he only had 55 in his stack so the side pot is much, much larger than the main pot and that makes it work making a play at.

That said, as played I still think we get away from this. We've shown a load of strength, we've got enough left in our stack to continue fairly comfortably and the villain has still raised us. Yes, he could be trying to bully us out but I think we get called most of the time when we shove because of the size of the pot and we're either behind or have to fade draws (that are getting a pretty good price) for our tournament life most of the time. Fold it, and save your chips for another time when you can trap him with a better hand.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with just completing the small blind preflop. AJ is an alright hand but our position is horrible and there's two other players in the hand already with stacks big enough to make our life difficult.

T

Teebone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just couldnt beleive he hit a set. Ive been steaming over this hand for awhile thank you everyone for your input. Fold a-j preflop. I beleive i will never play this hand again in the sb, inless the circumstances are really good.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just couldnt beleive he hit a set.

Fair enough, sets are unlikely. Really 88 is the only likely hand for a set given the preflop action, it's hard to believe either AA or QQ just limp-called you preflop. AK seems unlikely too but it's possible depending on the players, some people get a bit funny when there's a short stack all in. Two pair hands are also possible, as are big draws.

Bottom line is sometimes we'll be folding the best hand, but I don't think this is a naked bluff / worse hand often enough for shoving to be +chipEV, let alone +$EV.

G

Greyshadows

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ive see this happen alot in the knockout tournament where ppl are limping with monsters preflop when there is a shortstack all inning. their logic is that the bounty widens someone range to raise for isolation at which pt they can come over the top and either pick up a bigger pot or elimate two birds with one stone.

Another thing ive noticed about aggressive players online is that they tend to under play thier monsters figuring that when they come over the top with the reraise no one is going to put them on a hand. Its not a completely sound play but when it clicks it can take a big portion of your stack.

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive see this happen alot in the knockout tournament where ppl are limping with monsters preflop when there is a shortstack all inning. their logic is that the bounty widens someone range to raise for isolation at which pt they can come over the top and either pick up a bigger pot or elimate two birds with one stone.

Another thing ive noticed about aggressive players online is that they tend to under play thier monsters figuring that when they come over the top with the reraise no one is going to put them on a hand. Its not a completely sound play but when it clicks it can take a big portion of your stack.

I got to agree with this 1 myself, but then again, I'm not reallying into KOT's that much either

H

HNRocketS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah I might have just called the flop and turn then he's getting it all on the river anyways. That's why AJ alway's get's you in trouble. Also looks like he used the all in player too look like his hand was weaker than it really was.