$26 NLHE: Do I have choices?

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, bc ATC will show up with a pair 33% of the time. With 55 we will have a pair 100% of the time....slightly higher. Well also have a set 12% of the time,

also since it as brought up the whole "push-fold" thing isnt always accurate. Theres a lot of times saving a bullet (Stop n go) is more effective, as it can produce folds out of hands that missed the flop

yea you have a pair 100 percent of the time a pair of 5's which has very little showdown value against 2 opponents.

Also stop n go is rarely effective in multi-way pots our villains are not missing the flop 2/3 of the time anymore more like only half(3-way).

I definately think this is a hand we will have to agree to disagree on. Personally I think all the options suck here.

fold=potentially not finding a better spot
call=giving away a tenth of your stack most of the time
shove=in a 3 way pot with a pair of 5's

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been in this situation and was wondering as well what people think. Its hard here for me to decide between folding and calling. Here for me it is also player dependent, but just blind, I think I would fold, mainly for the reasons stubzy and ridetheflop said. I have a hard time not calling with such good odds, but I believe we are (before I read your result post) facing higher SCs and high cards, and your fold equity is next to null here pushing, a BS calling UTG and a second caller MP1, I dont think they are folding, so save the extra BB to push with in a more opportune situation. But having said that, it is a hard decision. The pot odds are so good, but maybe the extra BB is better to have as fold equity in a subsequent push.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea you have a pair 100 percent of the time a pair of 5's which has very little showdown value against 2 opponents.

Also stop n go is rarely effective in multi-way pots our villains are not missing the flop 2/3 of the time anymore more like only half(3-way).

I definately think this is a hand we will have to agree to disagree on. Personally I think all the options suck here.

fold=potentially not finding a better spot

call=giving away a tenth of your stack most of the time
shove=in a 3 way pot with a pair of 5's

^^^^^^^^^^^yep!!