$22 NLHE STT: Review of $22 SNG Game

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah so i'm bored. i watched up to hand #100, random notables below:

#22 - lead the pretty drawy flop with your set. checking into 2 players is pretty bad and can leave you second-guessing yourself on a lot of turn cards (as i think actually happened when the diamond hit and you checked again). bet more on river - the big stack seems pretty bad and there's nothing that he won't call a near pot-sized bet but will call your smaller bet with given his stack and apparent badness. yeah the other guy is still in the pot as well, but he isn't as bad or as big-stacked vand hence isn't calling us nearly as wide.

#26 - folding is fine but you can call the button minraise with anything if you're confident in your postflop play and also to discourage people from trying to cheaply steal your blinds by minraising them later on.

#28 - good raise. maybe worth noting that at 10/20 i'd toss JTs even if folded to on the button (without any info on the blinds) but raising at 25/50+ is good.

#31 - good raise pf obviously. i don't mind checking the flop but lead the turn after he checks behind - there are enough hands like mid-low PPs in his range that we can fold out here and we want to charge draws.

#32 - folding is fine, completing the SB is fine.

#34 - nice picking on the apparently very tight BB. raising would be better if we didn't have the looseish bigstack in the SB here but it's still fine as played.

#37 - you're getting ridiculous odds to complete the SB here.

#49 - seeing as your button stealing opportunities are going to be rare thanks the the loose bigstack being BB on your button, you may want to steal from the SB with anything here. you have enough chips to raise/fold.

#52 - standard raising here is fine too but nothing wrong with the shove.

#58 - again i don't mind not c-betting here but shove with ATC after he checks turn.

#75 - i just probably shove pre specifically to avoid awkward spots against the loose bigstack like this. given stacks as played isn't too bad though.

#95 - good turn bet, although i find it weird that you bet here into two people but checked in #31 and #58 (yeah even accounting for our OESD) :p

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hand #9
i like the raise here.. i like to raise to 4x the blinds as stacks are relatively deep..

Hand#15
id like the complete here more if there were more players in the pot.. with 3 your not really gettting a good enough price.. i know its only 15 chips but it is a spewy
play i think.. you do have the type of hand to call here but like i said. i like to have more players in.. not a horrible call though.. id probably fold cos im mulittabling..

i like that you didnt get too involved on the flop though, a bit weak but i like the fold..

HaND#21
id like to see you bet this one for yourself.. limped pot.. you never know if they will bet and ideally youd like to get in all in on the flop.. i bet this flop.. once he bets you
really need to raise.. theres a lot of cards you wont like to see. and if your opponant happened to limp strong theres a lot of cards to kill your action.. any diamond any 2 any 5 any 7 any 6 are all
bad cards.. its a wet board id stick in a big raise here..

good value bet on the river but i dont think much pays you off here. perhaps a bit smaller.. real mistake was on the flop though..

Hand#31
i really dont like the raise size here.. i think something over 250 would be more appropriate... also you can just check and take a flop.. seems kinda weak as his limping range is fairly wide here
and he obviously isnt a good player( anyone whos limps at this blind level and later blind levels are mostly clueless on how to play sng properly) i like to mix up checking and raising here..
id raise more than i check though obviously..

i think you have to fire a barrell at the flop though.. it folds out any pairs lower and he doesnt have to have a jack or 10 here. and he most likely doesnt have a pair bigger.. id bet one street here.. about
half pot..

Hand #34
dont like the raise here. k9 off isnt a good enough hand to make that raise..

if he calls the flop there you have to give up and the chips lost mean more than the chips gained.. we want to conserve chips still so we have folding equity later on..

Hand#40
i mix up betting and checking here.. i kinda like just min betting. should take the pot down a very high %..

once a villain checks twice to me im going to bet. hes pretty much waving a white flag up in the air.. "take the pot its yours!!" and if you do happen to get action. its an easy laydown
and i dont think he bluff raises us ever in that spot.. on the turn its a bet for me..

well how wrong i was.. you lost minimum.. but unless you have a read that he checks down a jack or ace there i still like betting the turn and the flop most prob.. but id take one stab, any resistance and im folding
i do like the river call.. your playing bluff catcher but your getting a good price..

Hand#41
i like the shove here.. we should be shoving pretty wide blind v blind.. unless ihave a read that he calls loose i will shove with a pretty wide range sbv bb.. fine +ev shove..

Hand #46
this is a close decision.. i dont think im shoving any ace here. but yeah depends on reads a lot for me.. will the bb call loose? if so you can opt to fold.. against randoms whos
calling ranges will be so tight. i think id shove.. this is closer than you may think but i still think its a good shove here with only 12bb's

Hand #52
not a huge fan of this play.. its fine if you had like under 10bb's but you are too deep here to be making this shove... i like checking and take a flop.. then deciding.. jsut
in case he is trapping..

Hand#54
pretty loose open.. but it isnt too bad.. i prefer to make it 2.5x to save chips when your called or raised...

Hand#58
hate the raise here.. you have only 10bb's should be shove or fold.. with this hand shoving into chip leader im folding.. although he seems kinda nitty so i dont really mind shoving in this spot..
unless your betting into a reg who knows you shove wide on the button so you make a raise to feign strength, i really dont like the riase and the raise sizing.. your nearlly committed
to call a shove.. with a hand you really dont want to.. and if he flats you.. your in no mans land."do i cbet for like half my stack" or do you fold and spew a third of your stack.. i think i fold pre in this spot.. your not super
short and there will be better spots to get money in.."restealing from frometos whos been raising a lot of buttons.. shoving into s/e blind v blind..

Hand#59
good shove..

Hand #68
i really like the check here.. it is a board we like to get our money in on.. but your hand is def strong enought o either check or bet.. i llike how you kept the pot small.. took down a nice pot and induced a bluff..

Hand #75
raise size smaller my std raise here is to 350-390.. this is a close spot for shoving.. i dont mind raising here though. only problem is loose big chipstack player.. that lends me more to shoving it with 14bb's..

Hand#105 dont like the min raise here. im tempted to just shove.. but a little bigger raise so he has a chance to fold something.. looks like hes willing to call anything..
wp postflop..

Hand #108. dont much like the overshove.. your giving a chacne for weaker hands to fold.. and you get called a high % of the time by hands that beat yours.. i like to just fold or reshove preflopp..

im going to leave it there..

hope this helps..

Top 10 Games