Hold'em
Game Format
No Limit
Table Format
STT
Buy-in
Currency
$
In the middle of this 9man SNG, there are 5 left and I have decent stack. I think seeing a flop with suited connectors here is okay for 1.5 more. I flop a double belly buster but I am probably behind the SB who makes a small bet. I think this is a clear call. The Turn is no help and he makes a bigger bet. I folded because I didn't think I had the odds to call. I think I am about 5:1 to hit one of my outs but I am only getting about 4:1 on my money. Is this a legitimate risk to take or is the fold correct?

NL Holdem $1.50+$0.12 (150.00BB)
SB (29.9BBs) [VPIP: 23.9% | PFR: 19.3% | AGG: 17.9% | Hands: 204]
HERO (30.4BBs)

Dealt to Hero: 5 6

HJ Folds, CO Folds, BTN Folds, SB Raises To 2.6BBs, HERO Calls 1.5BBs

Hero SPR on Flop: [4.96 effective]
Flop (5.5BBs): 7 9 3
SB Bets 1.8BBs (Rem. Stack: 25.5BBs), HERO Calls 1.8BBs (Rem. Stack: 26BBs)

Turn (9.1BBs): 7 9 3 A
SB Bets 4.7BBs
(Rem. Stack: 20.8BBs), HERO Folds

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
In heads-up poker you can only fold complete junk to a small raise, so this call is totally standard. I am not an heads-up expert, so dont know the exact ranges, but 65s is definitely not close. You dont want to overfold in this format, because then you will just get blinded away.

Flop
Check-calling beats check-folding, but this is the perfect hand to check-raise. You have no showdown value, you have a well disguised 8-out straightdraw with a BDFD, and you have an opponent, who is likely C-betting to much, and who have missed this board a ton.

Turn
As played I would check-call again. You are not getting the right direct odds, but your implied odds are excellent, because all 8 cards, that improve you, will look very safe to him. So if you river your straight, you can either donk lead or check again and let him valuebet a hand like top pair, and you should get action most of the time.

D

DaMooca

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah, I think the raise is the best line on this flop (like a 2x raise of his bet is enough) because if he calls the raise, he'll probably check the turn, and you can see the river for free.

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator