World Snooker Championships

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So once again its of to The Crucible in Sheffield for 17 days of green baize action.

John Higgins the defending champ has just struggled against Barry Hawkins to get through the first round.

Higgins is the favourite (7-2) and the people favourite Ronnie O'Sullivan is next at 4-1.

Mark Williams looked great in the China Open and is a nice price at 11-1

Steve Davis is making his 30th appearence there - listed at 400-1 :eek:
I dont know if that makes me think thats a long time for him or make me feel old remembering his early days on tv. :D

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stephen Hendry scrapes through against Chinese player Liang Wenbo, he lead 7-5 only to lose the next 4 frames to face a 1st round ko.

More shocking news is Hendry is now 41 :eek: i remember his debut back in 87 i think it was.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hendry now down to 33-1

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Steve Davis scraped through to the 2nd round with a 7 and half hour 10-9 win over Mark King :congrats:

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steve Davis is amazing.

OK he is getting on and far from his 80's A game, but its 2010 and he is still performing well.

Ronnie... I dont know, I didnt think he even looked like he wanted to be there. Which is not a good sign with Ronnie... remember when he walked out of a match with Stephen Hendry? First or second frame, decided he wasnt playing well, shook Stephen's hand and walked off.. noone knew what was going on.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how is hendry 33 to 1? i thought he was the best,, well he was when i was watching 2 years ago...

yer ronnie is a freak, but a headcase too.. prob most talented pool/snooker player ive ever seen..

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2nd round and Steve Davis leads John Higgins 6-2 over night :party:

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how is hendry 33 to 1? i thought he was the best,, well he was when i was watching 2 years ago...

he's been pretty 'bad' (by his standards) the last few years, he's past his best. in his day he was a legend though.

i haven't been watching this but if cheesy steve davis is gonna roll back the years i might have to flick it on. :)

L

liamkg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Davis wins beats Higgins just as good as any of his world championship wins

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVE

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The nugget still shining :)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Selby - wow that should be the final imo.

Whoever wins that one should go on to win the final, although keep an eye out for Mark Allen who could well be the other half of the final 2.

Currently Davis 4-0 against Robertson and in a scrappy 5th frame which could go either way.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
he's been pretty 'bad' (by his standards) the last few years, he's past his best. in his day he was a legend though.

i haven't been watching this but if cheesy steve davis is gonna roll back the years i might have to flick it on. :)

wow ok, yeah its been a few years since ive watched it... he was amazing back then. so controlled... not as flashy as sullivan's left handed antics though.. that is truly unreal..

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mark Allen will not be going any further than the quarter-finals this year as he has just lost to Graham Dott 13-12 after being 12-10 up.

Steve Davis resumes today 12-4 down against Robertson and having to win every frame left in the match.

A scrappy Selby and O'Sullivan game resumes later on today level at 4-4 (hoping for a more fluid game today ;))

The last match is currently Steven Murphy 8-7 Ali Carter :sleep:

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
been watching snooker all day some great snooker so far continues in an hour so will know who is in the semi final soon :)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Rocket failed to fire and from 9-5 up he lost 13-11 to Mark Selby who now plays Graeme Dott in the semi-finals

In the other match (starting first) there is Ali Carter (who edged out Shaun Murphy 13-12) against Neil Robertson.

No more predictions as i keep knocking my picks out lol :D (Selby though :top:)

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No more predictions as i keep knocking my picks out lol :D (Selby though :top:)

I did it again lol - Graeme Dott v Neil Robertson in the final, first to 18 frames, over two days of snooker, cues are drawn.

No and i mean no predictions ;) :D

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did it again lol - Graeme Dott v Neil Robertson in the final, first to 18 frames, over two days of snooker, cues are drawn.

No and i mean no predictions ;) :D

I predict John Higgins' retirement.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
7-5 to robertson at the moment he's playing a superb game at the moment, my money's on robertson

C

ChuckyEgg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was one long night. I stayed up and watched the whole thing, and now I am done in (usually hit the hay by 11pm).

Big congrats to Neal Robertson. First Ozi to win the World Championships. He was my second choice for winner, the first being Ali Carter, so I am happy.

The game play was pretty poor in the final session, except for the odd moment. Both players were obviously suffering from tiredness and mental fatigue, although it showed more with Graham Dott . They should have left the final session till the afternoon of the next day.

Anyway, this will be a major boost to the game in Australia, and hopefully, as alluded to by the presenters, will be a helpful step to a truly international event, where the game can be played around the world.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha i bet the aussie press is all like "AUSSIE BEATS THE STUPID POMS AT THEIR OWN GAME I BET THEY'RE REALLY MAD", while most (umm, british, for the sake of clarity) people i know wanted him to win anyway and most people in the sport think it will be good for the game (although the higgins shenanigans might counter this somewhat :x).