World Snooker Championships

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats to Robertson on the win, just as well we didn't have another black ball final, we might still be watching it lol ;) :D

C

ChuckyEgg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also very very surprised at the Higgins story. He's always been my 'favourite' player since I was younger and always seemed like a pretty stand-up guy. But I suppose they all do til they get caught lol

Only alleged so far, as Higgins is adamant that he is innocent. Hopefully he is true to his word and he was set up, and had to put on an act for fear of his life.

As far as his manager, or whoever the other guy with him was, his action to resign only points to guilt. You do not quit if you are innocent, you stand and fight.

Odd thing, why were they in the Ukraine ? What has the Ukraine got to do with snooker ?

I believe the manager (the guy with Higgins) is guilty. Now, did he put Higgins into this situation without Higgins's permission/knowledge. I am hoping this is the case, as it is the only one that could 100% clear John Higgins.

Congrats to Robertson on the win, just as well we didn't have another black ball final, we might still be watching it lol ;) :D

LOL, that could have easily gone on for 2 hours beyond the time that it did finish. I reckon just about everyone was praying for it to end, because it went on for far too long.

In fact, I swear that Graham Dott was making risky plays, not just due to tiredness, but also due to loss of interest. And I don't blame him. They should have put it on at least a couple of hours earlier.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only alleged so far, as Higgins is adamant that he is innocent. Hopefully he is true to his word and he was set up, and had to put on an act for fear of his life.

As far as his manager, or whoever the other guy with him was, his action to resign only points to guilt. You do not quit if you are innocent, you stand and fight.

Odd thing, why were they in the Ukraine ? What has the Ukraine got to do with snooker ?

I believe the manager (the guy with Higgins) is guilty. Now, did he put Higgins into this situation without Higgins's permission/knowledge. I am hoping this is the case, as it is the only one that could 100% clear John Higgins.

I'm open minded and all that .. but have you seen the footage?

Yesterday the CE of World Snooker said he and John had been friends for 20 years but the footage did not look good.

YouTube- World Snooker Champion John Higgins Bribe Scandal

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol he seems more concerned with how he's going to hide the money than concerned about the russian mafia kneecapping him.

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people are gunna start to doubt the game after footage like that coming out

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol he seems more concerned with how he's going to hide the money than concerned about the russian mafia kneecapping him.

He didnt report it when he got home.

If you believe his story he was so stricken with fear that he agreed to anything to get out of the country because he thought he was dealing with the Mafia.

Yet once he gets back to the UK he isn't in the slightest bit worried about the implications of not honouring the agreement he entered into with them.

chuG

chuG

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was rooting either Selby or Rocket from the onset, unfroutanatley they QF one another, then Dott stole the torch, pfft.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for the News of the World, why would they even set up this 'deal'/sting if they didn't already suspect or have some idea that it was going to be accepted?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because they're the news of the world. i bet they've tried similar tricks lots of times before and been shut down, of course you only hear about it when someone bites.

jaycism

jaycism

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what exactly is snooker? is it a form of pool? i am trying to remember what it is but it has been so long since i have heard of this game.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi.

It was a well deserved win for Robertson, I didn't see all of it but what I did see of him playing was great.

Big congrats to Neal Robertson. First Ozi to win the World Championships.
Horace Lindrum (nephew of Walter Lindrum )was the 1st Aussie (not Ozi) to win the World Snooker Championships.

However, due to a boycott of the tournament by most of the game's professionals in favour of the World Matchplay Lindrum's triumph is often overlooked.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha i bet the aussie press is all like "AUSSIE BEATS THE STUPID POMS AT THEIR OWN GAME I BET THEY'RE REALLY MAD", while most (umm, british, for the sake of clarity) people i know wanted him to win anyway and most people in the sport think it will be good for the game (although the higgins shenanigans might counter this somewhat :x).

Z can you confirm/deny this

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Z can you confirm/deny this
No nothing like, that we reserve that for the cricket, and to a lesser degree both codes of rugby. :p

They just announced that he won, Typical New Aussie world champ type of stuff, they didnt go into it much. They will most likely wait till he gets home.