Which sports have athletes in the highest physical condition?

Chris Wade

Chris Wade

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Boxing. Nothing tires you out like fighting for your life. Wrestling right there also.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any type sport that does lots of cross-training with a higher emphasis on stretching. Sports such as Iron Man because they do so much cross training and therefore muscles are being strengthened and stretched in many different ways.

When you do one particular sport, your muscles are usually being strengthened and stretched in exactly the same positions in repetition so injuries can be high if they are not complimenting their training with yoga or some other variation of stretching/strength training.

Dancers would be another choice as they need to be very flexible, strong and lean. Most sports don't place enough emphasis on stretching in their training regimen.

Last edited:
A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am out of touch today, but I know when I was a kid Moto-Cross was an often mis represented sport for endurance and strength. Just wanted to throw that out there. Otherwise I would think Rock Climbing (especially freestyle method).

N

nwhitney118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decathlon is definitely a great shout given the diversity of attributes needed to succeed. If you wanted to break down specifically then probably powerlifters for strength, iron man for stamina and sprinters obviously for raw speed.

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe swimming is a great sport. It works the whole body, whether it is the arms, the legs or the abdominals. It is a very complete sport which has the merit of being little traumatic for the joints. There is little sport that does not leave you with long-term damage. ;)

swagababy

swagababy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Weightlifting or gymnastics

Look at Dmitry Klokov, he looks like a real man

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Tennis, Boxing, hockey, football, rugby, and triathlon.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say mainly all sports , you need to be in physical condition. That's why they get paid the big bucks, and in all sports I have watched , they are in excellent physical condition. That's why they are where they are cause of the hard work they have done.

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Comparatively speaking, which sport has athletes in the best overall physical condition?

I think it would American Football those are the better athletes they have a very strong physical condition is just how amazing they can run jump and also are very agile very fast and on top of that they are very strong guys they build lots of muscle you don't want to mess with any of those guys hehe

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's really no one answer because it's only half a question: highest physical condition... for what?

Hafthor Bjornsson can deadlift half a ton. Simone Biles is so crazy good at gymnastics she has FOUR elements named after her. Alex Honnold can climb El Capitan without a rope. Usain Bolt broke the 100m world record while showboating for the final 10 metres.

These are are absolutely mindblowing feats of athletic talent and physical conditioning. I've got NFI which one is "best".

U

userme4321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hockey players. Strong, fast, tough with endurance.

T

TongueLashin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ask the athletes on the Titan games.

Anyone that can win on Titan Games is clearly in amazing physical condition in a multitude of areas. Maybe it is not definitively 1 sport, but overall fitness is top notch for any of those winners.

M

Mike491

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's soccer players, they have to run back and forth on the field with no rest. The other major sports usually have breaks or rest in between shifts.

RichardHeard

RichardHeard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Boxing. I've tried a few sports in my life but never felt like my chest was going to explode like I did when sparring haha. Plus the adrenaline that takes a toll on the pros. Fighting until the end on empty and you still have to defend yourself.

Swimming is a close second though. Using almost every muscle in your body must give you that all around excellence.

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read somewhere that a study was done of various athletes and the one in the best physical condition was, and I know you will doubt it because I still find it hard to believe, motocross riders. The problem though is the question is to broad and "best physical condition" can be interpreted in many ways. Does in mean the strongest or one that has the most stamina/endurance or one that has both strength and stamina? I think the question needs to be more specific. ESPN has a list of the most physically demanding sports if you are interested the link is: https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/sportSkills

C

carborun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hands down decathlon athletes. Swimmers, marathon runners, and Triathletes are up there too though.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes , I read some answers , mountain climbing demans a lot of energy , also other sport activities , anyway I choose football and swimming . I remember Michael Phelps body and exercise , his ''diet'' , a night dinner of him , he was eating pizzas , so many things , he needed a lot of energy , very tired of all day exercises , training ...

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello, bars and weightlifting as well as gymnastics

36yankees

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe soccer,tennis and boxing are 3 sports where you need to be in good physical condition and have stamina

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basketball players, swimmers

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Comparatively speaking, which sport has athletes in the best overall physical condition?
That's a pretty tricky question to answer. Every sport has its variables.
I believe that those who consume more energy end up having a greater mental impact.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
deportes

Hello. I think the best prepared sportsmen are swimmers

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
this is possibly an Olympic athletics decathlon. athletes are developed multilaterally, they compete in speed, speed of their strength, coordination of movements and endurance. but this sport is not so popular. mostly we prefer to watch team views.
there are also five sports, there are several other sports disciplines, but athletes are variously developed: concourse (equestrian competitions), fencing, shooting, running, swimming.
I completely agree with you, they are athletes with a high physical and mental training.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars