Randy Moss a Viking Again?

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One expert (forget who) said they thought NE essentially SOLD OUT for the year, in exchange for the future, regardless of the hope in their new staff.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't go so far as to say the Pats sold out their season, but I think losing Moss hurts them alot. He was their only real deep threat and sideline threat. They'll be okay, but not as good as they could have been.

The contract the Vikings gave Moss really surprised me. They restructured his contract just for this season and added a clause for him that he cannot be hit with the franchise tag. He can easily be a free agent at the end of this season. I'd be drooling at that fact if I were a team like the Texans.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The contract the Vikings gave Moss really surprised me. They restructured his contract just for this season and added a clause for him that he cannot be hit with the franchise tag. He can easily be a free agent at the end of this season. I'd be drooling at that fact if I were a team like the Texans.

You can still be hit with a franchise tag when you're that old? Ouch.

And the Texans won't pursue him. They have a younger and right now better version of Moss anyway in Andre Johnson.

B

-----bryce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
im a pats fan and this has to be great for the pats. now u have to young super stars in hernadez and tate along with welker. this is good n even for the vikings now they get a super star wr which they needed due to the loss of rice

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im a pats fan and this has to be great for the pats. now u have to young super stars in hernadez and tate along with welker. this is good n even for the vikings now they get a super star wr which they needed due to the loss of rice

LMAO - this is not great for the Patriots. They basically forfeited their season and their division to the Jets.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's still early, I have faith in the pats...

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LMAO - this is not great for the Patriots. They basically forfeited their season and their division to the Jets.

Did you hear Brady's very careful and guarded public announcement on it? He basically lauded Moss on every level, miss him, etc. But tried to temper it in a PC way, while at the same time letting you kinda know that he did not necessarily agree, by stating "But Belichik felt this is the right thing to do". Not 'he', not 'we', 'Belichik'. You gotta know the whole team is disappointed. But Brady cannot just come right out and say something like that.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you hear Brady's very careful and guarded public announcement on it? He basically lauded Moss on every level, miss him, etc. But tried to temper it in a PC way, while at the same time letting you kinda know that he did not necessarily agree, by stating "But Belichik felt this is the right thing to do". You gotta know the whole team is disappointed.

I don't know, it seems silly to trade your hof wr 4 games in.

Good for Randy though, he gets to finish his career in the uniform he started it in.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know, it seems silly to trade your hof wr 4 games in.

Good for Randy though, he gets to finish his career in the uniform he started it in.

Edited my post above. But yeah, not just a HOFer, but a healthy one, in great shape, that through no fault of is own is not getting the ball, probably because he is so effective at getting the defense to chase him around to get the other targets free.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Edited my post above. But yeah, not just a HOFer, but a healthy one, in great shape, that through no fault of is own is not getting the ball, probably because he is so effective at getting the defense to chase him around to get the other targets free.

Yes, the Patriots will see the effect of defenses not having to worry so much about the deep threat. Not that they won't have to defend that, but they won't have to defend one of the best deep ball receivers ever.

It will translate into defenses shutting down inside routes. (aka - Brady's bread and butter)

Charzr

Charzr

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only one that are going to pay the price are Tom Brady and Wes Welker, just because New England wanted a 3rd-round pick, without Moss, they will not go to the Super Bowl -you can quote me on February.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only one that are going to pay the price are Tom Brady and Wes Welker, just because New England wanted a 3rd-round pick, without Moss, they will not go to the Super Bowl -you can quote me on February.

We are on the same page. :p

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, the Patriots will see the effect of defenses not having to worry so much about the deep threat. Not that they won't have to defend that, but they won't have to defend one of the best deep ball receivers ever.

It will translate into defenses shutting down inside routes. (aka - Brady's bread and butter)
I'm just curious of something, how did Tom Brady win 3 super bowls without a deep threat and never win a super bowl with a deep threat ???????
I just can't figure that out, it eats me up, they had the great Randy Moss and couldn't win a super bowl, its driving me crazy.
Pats will go 12-4, if the defense improves as the season goes on, they'll make a run at the super bowl.
I remember after they won the 1st super bowl, I asked myself, who are these guys !
And thats Belecheks style. Spread the ball around, no superstars on my team.

CheeseConey

CheeseConey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Vikings seem to be getting older by the day. I agree that they needed to do this trade though. No way Favre is back next year. It's this year or bust! It's definitely a big upgrade from what they have been putting on the field.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just find it really strange that NE was able to get a 1st for Branch all those years ago, and only a 3rd for Moss now. It can't be just performance/age based.

Either way, this certainly doesn't help NE's chances of winning this season, I agree with that much...

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just find it really strange that NE was able to get a 1st for Branch all those years ago, and only a 3rd for Moss now. It can't be just performance/age based.

Either way, this certainly doesn't help NE's chances of winning this season, I agree with that much...

I know Branch had a SB ring and he could return kicks.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But he also never scored 27 TD receptions in a year (I think that's right?).

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the 2007 season, Moss caught 23 TDs to pass Jerry Rice's record.

So what, he quits out there.

Gives up on plays.

That play that Roddy White made against the 49ers last week after Matt Ryan threw that pick with 1:20 to go in the game, Moss would have never made that play.

That was pure hussle.

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So what, he quits out there.

Gives up on plays.

That play that Roddy White made against the 49ers last week after Matt Ryan threw that pick with 1:20 to go in the game, Moss would have never made that play.

That was pure hussle.

I compare him to Julius Peppers due to people doubting whether he trys every play and is motivated. They both look they will make the Hall of Fame and are one of the best players at their positions. As for Roddy White, the 49ers should have learned their lesson from last year after he stripped a defender who made an INT and recovered the fumble. Josh Scobee beat White's play in the GMC never say never moment of the week.:D

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I compare him to Julius Peppers due to people doubting whether he trys every play and is motivated. They both look they will make the Hall of Fame and are one of the best players at their positions. As for Roddy White, the 49ers should have learned their lesson from last year after he stripped a defender who made an INT and recovered the fumble. Josh Scobee beat White's play in the GMC never say never moment of the week.:D

Maybe it was the one-handed grab, it looked like he coulda used two hands to be safe.