Randy Moss a Viking Again?

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just saw on ESPN that the Vikings are close to trading for Moss. They said only thing to be worked out is a contract extension for Moss with the Vikings.

The old man just might get that weapon he needs.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That will be nice for the 3 or 4 games Moss actually deems improtant enough to put out.

C

CasperJames

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He'll put out for the Vikings until his feelings are hurt. It might last through next season. Never know.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's a move the Vikings had to make. They're built to win NOW and they can't let the season go to waste by not obtaining a WR to spread the offense. 2nd round is great value, and it would have taken more to get Vincent Jackson. Now if the Vikings can rebound and sneak into the playoffs, and then get Sidney Rice back too, they can have an amazing offense + defense. Great move for them, I think the risk with Moss is worth it for them.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AP is reporting 3rd-round pick for Moss. This seems like robbery, what the hell are the Patriots doing here?

M

Mr Whatever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i thought the problem was favre but. . . oh well.

P

piedmontred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Although the PATS didnt get much use out of him in last mon. nights game, he kept the defense busy. The PATS should keep him.

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolute Poker is reporting 3rd-round pick for Moss. This seems like robbery, what the hell are the Patriots doing here?

It does seem weird that a superstar WR is traded for a 3rd rounder but the Patriots always stockpile draft picks every year and it seems to work for them. Also, they believe in their young crop of WRs(Hernandez, Tate, and Edelman.)

wildjax

wildjax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does seem weird that a superstar WR is traded for a 3rd rounder but the Patriots always stockpile draft picks every year and it seems to work for them. Also, they believe in their young crop of WRs(Hernandez, Tate, and Edelman.)

Not to mention their #1 WR now, Wes Welker. I still think the Vikings got a steal though...its about to be put up or shut up time for old man Favre.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This could come back to bite Belechek in the azz if that young defense doesn't respond. He's clearly going back to what won 3 super bowls for them, small ball and great ST's and D. Remember they have yet to win a Super Bowl as AIR Brady.
Great move for the vikings albeit the Moss contract situation, Rice was building a respect around the league, but can't match the respect defenses give Moss, Harvin will obviously flourish out of the slot ala Wes Welker.
Oh one other thing, ff'ers, trade Brady NOW, he's at best 21 Td's this year.
Did Vinny Perretta really retire? Could have been the next Wes Welker !

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to mention their #1 WR now, Wes Welker. I still think the Vikings got a steal though...its about to be put up or shut up time for old man Favre.

Yep, this actually looks like it will be the final season for Brett Farve and they need to get to the superbowl this year. While in Green Bay, Farve wanted Moss when he was leaving Oakland and now he got his wish.

M

mig2169

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We will see how this works, but if favre can get him the ball should be a great season for the viks.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

They have enough new weapons (in addition to the usual cast of more pedestrain suspects) that have shown flashes of greatness (Hernandez, Tate, Gronkowski) to surmise that double-covering Welker isn't gonna cut it either. Although, I heard one expert on NFL say he thought the Pats pretty much signed off on the season with this trade, in favor of their oft-successful stockpile strategy.

Yep, this actually looks like it will be the final season for Brett Farve and they need to get to the superbowl this year. While in Green Bay, Farve wanted Moss when he was leaving Oakland and now he got his wish.

Favre was also publicly vocal to the media in his disappointment that GB did not try harder to get Moss. Trust me, when he gets here, it will be love at first sight (okay, pass), much the same for Brady/Moss the first few games. It was like they were in love, jumping into each other's arms every TD. I am still doing the happy dance here, and can't wait for Monday night. Hope he rams that slouch comment down Revis' throat one more time. I might just buy a bottle of champagne for the occasion.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats just Randy being Manny:rolleyes:

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i thought the problem was favre but. . . oh well.

No, the problem was never Favre. Berrian basically allowed 3 (!!!) interceptions, and several miscues and dropped or incompleted passes that should have been caught. So 1) Berrian's performance is worst than last year (made no aggressive moves for the ball, watch NFL Network), 2) Rice is VERY VERY sorely missed, 3) they got rid of Chester Taylor, who was incremental in disguising plays w/Adrian and opening up lanes, 4) they brought in 2 new WR (well, 3, but 1 was cut) from suspect sources.

Everyone knows that WR is the hardest to sync. That's why they look at year #3 for the breakout season. They don't DO this for RB or d-lines or o-lines. Timing is everything. This will be difficult for Moss, as he is unaccustomed to the west coast offense. But his talent will prevail. I hope.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5658579

Belichick said it wasn't money or discipline issues in regards to trading Moss. I'm taking it as an age issue primarily then as the reason Moss is being traded. He's still a great WR, but he won't keep the skills for too much longer (already 33). So he cut ties before the decline in production.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On a local radio station this morning they said he had an incident with the quarterback coach in Monday night's game, and that was the final straw and they traded him.
This is just what one side said though...

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a local radio station this morning they said he had an incident with the quarterback coach in Monday night's game, and that was the final straw and they traded him.
This is just what one side said though...

It's Moss' walking year. They weren't gonna resign him so they got what they could for him.

Had nothing to do with any incident.

Divebitch

Divebitch

Miss you, Buckster,,,,,
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's Moss' walking year. They weren't gonna resign him so they got what they could for him.

Had nothing to do with any incident.

If so, many think they could have squeezed NE for a 2nd round pick. Agreed about the inciden. A trade like this cannot be a result of ego or pride, not at this level.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard he wanted a new contract and wasn't going to get it. I think the Patriots originally wanted to resign him at the end of this season. He was just gonna have to take a pay cut.

No matter what the reason is, it's a horrible move by the Patriots. It will put a lot of pressure on Tom Brady, Wes Welker and the Patriots running game.

Now opponents don't have to worry about the deep threat so they can tighten up on underneath routes.

P

PlayerPlayerAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I heard he wanted a new contract and wasn't going to get it. I think the Patriots originally wanted to resign him at the end of this season. He was just gonna have to take a pay cut.

No matter what the reason is, it's a horrible move by the Patriots. It will put a lot of pressure on Tom Brady, Wes Welker and the Patriots running game.

Now opponents don't have to worry about the deep threat so they can tighten up on underneath routes.

Who was the deep threat when they won 3 super bowls?Look Belechek recognized 2 very simple things, with Moss and a more wide open offense they have yet to win a super bowl. And they have no intention of resigning him. They are going back to small ball, 22 completions to 9 different recievers. Remember these guys, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, David Givens and David Patten. They won super bowls in 2004 and 2005, and you never knew who was gonna have the big game. You NEVER drafted a Patriot in fantasy football(although some always took a flyer on Troy Brown). This is Bill Belechek football. Will Brady still throw the long ball, of course, but you have no idea who is gonna bust down the field. And thats the way Belechek likes it. Pats are a better team.As I stated before in this thread, only thing that scares me for them is if the young defense doesn't respond.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who was the deep threat when they won 3 super bowls?Look Belechek recognized 2 very simple things, with Moss and a more wide open offense they have yet to win a super bowl. And they have no intention of resigning him. They are going back to small ball, 22 completions to 9 different recievers. Remember these guys, Troy Brown, Deion Branch, David Givens and David Patten. They won super bowls in 2004 and 2005, and you never knew who was gonna have the big game. You NEVER drafted a Patriot in fantasy football(although some always took a flyer on Troy Brown). This is Bill Belechek football. Will Brady still throw the long ball, of course, but you have no idea who is gonna bust down the field. And thats the way Belechek likes it. Pats are a better team.As I stated before in this thread, only thing that scares me for them is if the young defense doesn't respond.

Whatever. The point is - this move hurt their chances of making the post season.

Period.