hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What can you say about the start of the season? Personally, I like the results of Stephen Curry, Doncic and Joker from Denver the most, these guys are producing incredible statistics and are already really contending for the title of the best player in the championship

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What can you say about the start of the season? Personally, I like the results of Stephen Curry, Doncic and Joker from Denver the most, these guys are producing incredible statistics and are already really contending for the title of the best player in the championship
What surprises me so far are the results of Detroit and Dallas. But while Dallas was quoted as a 7-8 team in the West, Detroit is the clear underdog in the East. But so far, I can't say Detroit is failing to start the season (2-2 record). And Dallas has a 3-0 record. :unsure:

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
SAS def PHX on the road 115-114 omg!
And on San Antonio the bookies were giving about 3.50-4.00 for a win. But I just found a more confident bet on the Knicks (- 3) against Cleveland. :cool:

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Tough to say who will win... before the start of the season IMO the Celtics looked really good and they've confirmed so far 3-0( and it wasn't an easy schedule- on the road vs the Knicks and at home vs the Heat- solid performances overall...), so I'd say they will be a really strong contender for the title this season... the Joker still looks as impressive as in the previous seasons and with a healthy team around him you just can't rule Denver out as they are after all the defending champions* if I had to pick just 1 team from each Conference it will be this two... but like other community members said in previous posts it's still early and we'll have to wait at least for the All-Star game to see how the teams will perform after the roster changes(and if we'll have more 'big' transactions too); still IMO other teams worth following are GSW, the Suns, both teams from LA, Luka Magic is of to a great start of the season and if Kyre Irving will be healthy and have his focus only on basket- the Mavs can be a 'dark horse'... from the East, (IMO) at least ATM it's tough to add a 2nd title contender(other than the Celtics), but there's plenty of time for Dame to find his place in the Bucks' team and/ or for other teams to step up and/or get stronger mid-season...

For sure it will be an interesting season and I'll definitely follow your betting tips @john_entony and the other NBA threads from our community :)

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Tough to say who will win... before the start of the season IMO the Celtics looked really good and they've confirmed so far 3-0( and it wasn't an easy schedule- on the road vs the Knicks and at home vs the Heat- solid performances overall...), so I'd say they will be a really strong contender for the title this season... the Joker still looks as impressive as in the previous seasons and with a healthy team around him you just can't rule Denver out as they are after all the defending champions* if I had to pick just 1 team from each Conference it will be this two... but like other community members said in previous posts it's still early and we'll have to wait at least for the All-Star game to see how the teams will perform after the roster changes(and if we'll have more 'big' transactions too); still IMO other teams worth following are GSW, the Suns, both teams from LA, Luka Magic is of to a great start of the season and if Kyre Irving will be healthy and have his focus only on basket- the Mavs can be a 'dark horse'... from the East, (IMO) at least ATM it's tough to add a 2nd title contender(other than the Celtics), but there's plenty of time for Dame to find his place in the Bucks' team and/ or for other teams to step up and/or get stronger mid-season...

For sure it will be an interesting season and I'll definitely follow your betting tips @john_entony and the other NBA threads from our community :)
Thanks, Billy! I like your Asian odds betting strategy. Too bad pokerstars Sports doesn't have Asian odds. But Asian odds give great players (which you certainly are) the opportunity to manage their bankroll. :cool:(y)

I, like Boston, had a rough start :D, but I think I'll get my bets evened out into a series of successful predictions. I was surprised by Detroit, which I lost two bets on when I bet against the Pistons. But at least I didn't bet against Dallas. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Now my expectations slightly changed. From the Western Conference still I pick Denver as predicted preseason, but Phila is my favourite in the East now, they got great coach Nick Nurse and Maxey probably will win most improved player award.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think the Rockets will also be a nice surprise this season. They have the Celtics' old coach and a good mixture of players with good chemistry on the court. Nuggets are a bit in trouble with Murray injured again. Hopefully he makes it back, but he is out at least 3-4 weeks and issues after hamstring injuries usually persist on returning (like with James Harden).

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Now my expectations slightly changed. From the Western Conference still I pick Denver as predicted preseason, but Phila is my favourite in the East now, they got great coach Nick Nurse and Maxey probably will win most improved player award.
Maxey on fire! It is true! By the way, the Eastern Conference has been very unpredictable. Indiana and Orlando have shown they can be unpredictable this season. Boston is just fine! Miami looks very solid! Still, it's hard to say how it will be in the playoffs. :)

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very hard to say who will win the NBA, you have a lot of teams that can win, such as the Lakers, Denver, Bucks, Warriors, and Celtics. But my crowd goes to the Lakers and Miami Heat.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Trade Deadline stirred up the stagnant water a bit, some people traded well, for example, there are such bloody opinions about Kincks that they became a chance for the finals, and in principle Celtic also came out well at the end of the Trade Deadline.
It will all be decided at the start of the playoffs which teams actually made the good trade :unsure:...

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The Trade Deadline stirred up the stagnant water a bit, some people traded well, for example, there are such bloody opinions about Kincks that they became a chance for the finals, and in principle Celtic also came out well at the end of the Trade Deadline.
It will all be decided at the start of the playoffs which teams actually made the good trade :unsure:...
You know, I like the way Philly has strengthened. If Joel Embiid's health will be fine in the Playoffs, the starting five of Tyrese Maxey, Buddy Hield, Tobias Harris, Nicolas Batum and Joel Embiid and a very solid bench of Cam Payne, Kelly Oubre, Robert Covington and Paul Reed could compete for even the East Finals. Yes, of the valuable players, the Knicks took Bojan Bogdanovic and before that traded OG Anunoby, but I see 2nd round Playoffs as their floor. What they are missing is a star player of the level of Giannis, Tatum, Chief Curry or Doncic. Yes, Jalen Brunson's progress is evident, but he's not good enough to take the Knicks to the East Finals alone. And I don't consider Julius Randle an All Star Games level player. He's too unstable, as he's always overcomplicating things in his game. Talent? Absolutely! But he doesn't make the best shot decisions during the game. 31.1% three-point shooting is not enough. And on defense, he's frankly weak. And defense has never been his strong point. :unsure:

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think this the year of Denver, at least i hope îs the 😁

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this the year of Denver, at least i hope îs the 😁
Regarding the West, Denver hasn't gotten any weaker compared to last season. Yes, I still see not the strongest bench, but 2-3 players will be enough in the Playoffs. And then there is certainly Reggie Jackson, Justin Holiday and DeAndre Jordan. The other thing is that the competition in the West has gotten even more intense! Oklahoma and Minnesota are the openers of this regular season, the Clippers are very strengthened and their roster is balanced right now, my favorite Lakers picked up Spencer Dinwiddie for free (and that is certainly a major upgrade) and will also at least give the favorite team trouble in the 1st round, and of course Phoenix, who also picked up Royce O'Neale in the trade deadline. And I still have faith in Golden State, as Chief Curry hasn't said his last word yet this season! All in all, it's going to be interesting! :cool: