john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Who do you consider the main favorite for the upcoming NBA season? For example, I don't consider Denver the favorite (as the bookies do). Yes, there are 2 full-fledged stars: Joker and Murray, but there is no longer the bench depth that was there in the previous season. I consider the favorites to be the Lakers. They took a great point guard from Miami, who showed his strong character in the playoffs - Gabe Vincent. And you also can't overlook the fact that Rob Pelinka kept all the key basketball players (besides LeBron and A.D.): D`Lo, Reeves, and Rui Hachimura.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to read your opinions. :unsure::cool:;)

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
I think top 3 seed in west will be Nuggets, Suns and Mavericks.

In the east, I think it will be Bucks, Celtics and Sixers (or Miami).

Vladqt

Vladqt

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think Denver has excellent chances to win the second time in a row

T

THGE10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
A lot of people still can't believe what Denver's been able to do

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A lot of people still can't believe what Denver's been able to do
No one is arguing that Denver is a top team. But they've always been a top team in the regular season. And in the playoffs, they've lacked either experience, luck, or both. But this season, no one is going to say Denver was lucky with their playoff opponents (the Lakers, Phoenix and Miami are top tier).... now we see a prime example of a team that won the regular season winning the playoffs. But again, Denver's biggest problem is the bench. Denver didn't add anyone, but lost a very important key role player - Bruce Brown. :unsure::rolleyes:

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hopefully Denver again.

Warriors may be interesting to watch but they have CP3.

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I give my vote to Denver, I think there are excellent chances to repeat their triumph

RonanPERNA

RonanPERNA

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's still too early to decide who will be the winner but I believe it should be between Denver Nuggets, Philadelphia 76ers, Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to name the main favorite for the championship right now, but I can name four main contenders: Boston, Denver, Miami and the Los Angeles Lakers. But it will be clearer as the season progresses.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phoenix Suns, a very good team to be champions this year of the season

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Denver will surely be good this year as well and the Lakers can also move up by one.
And I would still wait to see if Lillard stays in Portland or goes, because if he goes somewhere else, the team he goes to will get a lot stronger.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Warriors may be interesting to watch but they have CP3.
CP3 has earned his ring! It's a shame that such a legendary player still hasn't become champion. The Warriors have certainly gotten stronger. Since they won't have Jordan Poole ruin anymore. It's like the 5th wheel on a good race car. And Chris Paul will make Golden State a lot stronger. At the very least, I think they're gonna make the West Finals. :oops:(y)

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bucks and Celtics are favourites in the East and Nuggets, Lakers, Suns, Warriors. I would add Clippers but I don't believe in their health anymore. I was lucky to watch a preseason game Lakers at Warriors few days ago, I was glad to see how deep Warriors roster is, a lot of hard working talents and veterans.
If Booker can become even better and Bradley Beal will embrace his role and Durant remain healthy throw the season I'd expect Bucks vs Suns finals. But most likely it will be Bucks vs Nuggets.

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't no much about ball

But i know the Lakers will be there or there abouts like most years.

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And I think so - let the strongest win, without any behind-the-scenes actions.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Bucks and Celtics are favourites in the East and Nuggets, Lakers, Suns, Warriors. I would add Clippers but I don't believe in their health anymore. I was lucky to watch a preseason game Lakers at Warriors few days ago, I was glad to see how deep Warriors roster is, a lot of hard working talents and veterans.
If Booker can become even better and Bradley Beal will embrace his role and Durant remain healthy throw the season I'd expect Bucks vs Suns finals. But most likely it will be Bucks vs Nuggets.
I don't think the Bucks will get better with Lillard coming in. They lost Grayson Allen and Drew Holliday. Both players in Milwaukee's starting five last year. Yes, Dame is an alpha with great leadership skills who can boost any NBA team that lacks such a leader. Yannis, on the other hand, is the alpha leader in Milwaukee! And I'll be interested to see if Lillard accepts the second star role. If so, then the question for the defense is: how do you replace the very cool Drew Holliday? After all, Dame is not about defense. Plus the loss of Grayson Allen. And he's a very cool player with a reliable three-point shot. My prediction: Milwaukee will not win the East. Maybe not even make the East finals. The Lakers and Phoenix will be in the West finals. Denver will be eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round. :cool:;)

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
However, I would still wait for the Bucks to see how the Giannis - Lillard pair works.
I know their defense didn't get stronger, but thanks to Lillard, they can take a big step forward in three-point shooting.

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think the Bucks will get better with Lillard coming in. They lost Grayson Allen and Drew Holliday. Both players in Milwaukee's starting five last year. Yes, Dame is an alpha with great leadership skills who can boost any NBA team that lacks such a leader. Yannis, on the other hand, is the alpha leader in Milwaukee! And I'll be interested to see if Lillard accepts the second star role. If so, then the question for the defense is: how do you replace the very cool Drew Holliday? After all, Dame is not about defense. Plus the loss of Grayson Allen. And he's a very cool player with a reliable three-point shot. My prediction: Milwaukee will not win the East. Maybe not even make the East finals. The Lakers and Phoenix will be in the West finals. Denver will be eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round. :cool:;)
I think Bucks have very tall good defenders, their problem was lack of offense and low efficiency and low scoring in clutch. Yannis tald he's ready to become a 2nd option this season, he's a modest good man. Healthy Lakers and Phoenix might make WCF, but I doubt old Lebron James and fragile Anthony Davis will remain healthy. Also KD is getting injured often, and I don't believe in Beal. Booker can't solo carry the team to the WCF. However I like how they traded Ayton. Nurkic is a great smart center without huge ambitions and they got few more bench players.