Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG!!!! I have wasted most of my life not loving football. :(

But...I love it now!!

The Falcon's game was so awesome today. The Georgia Dome is fantastic - we had great seats. Watching a game live so rocks watching it on tv. I learned so much today - and had a blast. Football fans are soooo passionate and it is very contagious.

I got to make a wooden football holder before the game at a Home Depot tent - it is so cute hehe.

And what a game- winning it with the field goal in the last few seconds was incredible.

But what's up with that silly time out thing? The guy kicks a great field goal - SF calls a time out - and it doesn't count???? Wtf lol. At least the next one was good.

We were surrounded by SF fans - bless their hearts.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol Dakota that is awesome!!!!
I have never been to a live football game but I love it anyway, but the same is for baseball, I really don't care for it, but when I go to the games I am into it.
I am glad you had a great time.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG!!!! I have wasted most of my life not loving football. :(

But...I love it now!!

The Falcon's game was so awesome today. The Georgia Dome is fantastic - we had great seats. Watching a game live so rocks watching it on tv. I learned so much today - and had a blast. Football fans are soooo passionate and it is very contagious.

I got to make a wooden football holder before the game at a Home Depot tent - it is so cute hehe.

And what a game- winning it with the field goal in the last few seconds was incredible.

But what's up with that silly time out thing? The guy kicks a great field goal - SF calls a time out - and it doesn't count???? Wtf lol. At least the next one was good.

We were surrounded by SF fans - bless their hearts.

It was an amazing game. The Falcons found a way to win. The timeout was called before the the ball was snapped, they just used the first time for practice.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The time out is to shake the kicker up. He kicks it and it doesn't count, and he has to rekick it. It's usually done when it's a long field goal, but the short one he kicked, and being a veteran, it wasn't gonna shake him. I knew my Niners were in trouble when I saw Clements running back that interception and not protecting the football. 0-4 sucks.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea that interception fumble was the nuts hehe.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a chance to go to a game when on a business trip to Nashville. Regret not attending, sounds like a great time.

G

Gr3atness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was at the Bears v. Lions game week 1 when Calvin Johnson made his "game winning catch that wasnt a catch". We were in the 13th row right on the goal line of the end zone where the play happened. So sick. When it was overturned the crowd reaction of happiness mixed with shock was great. :D

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Make it to Kansas City during football season, the pre game tailgate is worth the trip.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to hear you enjoyed it but if you want to experience real fans get yourself to Athens for a Bulldogs game or even a GT game. Seriously NCAA football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NFL aninec.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad to hear you enjoyed it but if you want to experience real fans get yourself to Athens for a Bulldogs game or even a GT game. Seriously NCAA football >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NFL aninec.

Falcons fans are real fans.

The Georgia Bulldogs suck.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well - so far I can't seem to get a strong interest going in college football. I think it is because I can not feel an allegiance to any specific team yet. I have no reason to choose either the Bulldogs or Ga Tech - until that gets sorted I will struggle with it.

It was easy to adopt the Falcons since they are the Atlanta team. And the more I watch then I feel other likes and dislikes forming.

I have a few good friends who are SF 49er fans - so they are really becoming my 2nd favorite team.

We will see what happens.

J

jmill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well - so far I can't seem to get a strong interest going in college football. I think it is because I can not feel an allegiance to any specific team yet. I have no reason to choose either the Bulldogs or Ga Tech - until that gets sorted I will struggle with it.

It was easy to adopt the Falcons since they are the Atlanta team. And the more I watch then I feel other likes and dislikes forming.

I have a few good friends who are SF 49er fans - so they are really becoming my 2nd favorite team.

lol if the 49er's are your 2nd favorite team prepare to be very disappointed this year.....switch to a real team like the Texans

P

PasoTex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad you had a good time. The games are lots of fun to attend in person if your team wins. When your team gets whipped, it's not as much fun.

DawgBones

DawgBones

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good for you Debi! Sounds like a great time and was an exciting finish. Now if you want to see some real excitement go to a NHL Atlanta Thrashers game!:D Can't beat live hockey;)

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What an exciting great game to be involved in for a first one. I envy you and am happy for you, can't wait for my first nfl game.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips

Well here's one more who is a Niner fan! :p It's been a long road for us, since we've been sucking so hard for a long time. But I will never give up on them! Football is fun to watch, and actually going to a game is an absolute blast.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well here's one more who is a Niner fan! :p It's been a long road for us, since we've been sucking so hard for a long time. But I will never give up on them! Football is fun to watch, and actually going to a game is an absolute blast.

I know - you were one of the few I was talking about. We may not have ever talked about it like my other 2 friends - but I knew that was your team.

Grossberger

Grossberger

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The time out is to shake the kicker up. He kicks it and it doesn't count, and he has to rekick it. It's usually done when it's a long field goal, but the short one he kicked, and being a veteran, it wasn't gonna shake him. I knew my Niners were in trouble when I saw Clements running back that interception and not protecting the football. 0-4 sucks.
^^This^^ However it has been proven to be worse to call a timeout than to just let them kick here are some stats.

Since the year 2000

Without calling a time out before
35 yards and shorter...................193 made....216 attempted.....89.4%
36-50 yards...............................161 made....218 attempted.....73.9%
51 and longer.............................23 made......54 attempted......42.6%
totals.......................................377 made..488 attempted...77.3%

With calling a time out before
35 yards and shorter...................69 made......74 attempted.......93.2%
36-50 yards...............................74 made......98 attempted.......75.5%
51 and longer.............................14 made......25 attempted.......56%
Totals......................................157 made...197 attempted....79.7%

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does it compare to a 'proper' football game ;) - i suspect the crowds passion/intensity is fairly similar even if the action is more stop and start.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^This^^ However it has been proven to be worse to call a timeout than to just let them kick here are some stats.

Since the year 2000

Without calling a time out before
35 yards and shorter...................193 made....216 attempted.....89.4%
36-50 yards...............................161 made....218 attempted.....73.9%
51 and longer.............................23 made......54 attempted......42.6%
totals.......................................377 made..488 attempted...77.3%

With calling a time out before
35 yards and shorter...................69 made......74 attempted.......93.2%
36-50 yards...............................74 made......98 attempted.......75.5%
51 and longer.............................14 made......25 attempted.......56%
Totals......................................157 made...197 attempted....79.7%

Yea, basically it makes no difference at all.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The time out is to shake the kicker up. He kicks it and it doesn't count, and he has to rekick it. .
It's also known as "Icing the kicker"
Next time you see it, you can pull out that phrase and really impress Joe.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's also known as "Icing the kicker"
Next time you see it, you can pull out that phrase and really impress Joe.

It's not called icing the kicker when the kicker is an NFL veteran and has made many game winners including the 3rd longest in NFL history (62 yds)
when he played for the Bucs. Matt Bryant is one of the best kickers in the NFL.

The critical play in this game is when Nate Clement intercepted the ball with about 1:30 left in the 4th quarter and instead of going down and securing the ball, he decided to try to score a TD. Roddy White made a great play, not giving up, and knocked the ball out of Clement's hands.

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was under the impression it was Icing the kicker or at least attempting to ice the kicker when the time out is called?

That's what it's called if the coach calls a timeout just before a kick. But - for veteran kickers, it helps them.

Edit: I call it 'calling a timeout'.

Organize a Home Poker Game Top 10 Games