All UFC Thread

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This Friday in Sydney Australia is UFC Fight Night.

Looking forward most to the Pearson vs. Iaquinta fight. That should be some fireworks!

UFC.com>>>UFC Fight Night Nov. 7th

087088888c013e0f0f3d712e8fcca30c.png

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Women`s MMA is not that exciting IMO.

there are pretty girls like Gina but to watch women beating each other not my thing.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Women`s MMA is not that exciting IMO.

there are pretty girls like Gina but to watch women beating each other not my thing.

I actually think it's a shame we don't get to see more of it - in a lot of ways I think it's a lot more interesting than, say, watching two heavyweights gas out halfway through the first round.

But then I don't get what everyone was against the men's lighter weight classes either, and I don't mind fights that are tactical ground games as opposed to "just bleed" slugfests either.

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love to see Ronda Rousey fight.I want to see if one girl can beat Ronda :).
She is Good for the UFC :).

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually think it's a shame we don't get to see more of it - in a lot of ways I think it's a lot more interesting than, say, watching two heavyweights gas out halfway through the first round.

But then I don't get what everyone was against the men's lighter weight classes either, and I don't mind fights that are tactical ground games as opposed to "just bleed" slugfests either.

I love to see Ronda Rousey fight.I want to see if one girl can beat Ronda :).
She is Good for the UFC :).

I agree on both comments!

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hope Rockhold beats on Bisping for 5 rounds

my favorite bisping fight was when he got lippy with hendo

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at least bisping should be quiet for a while

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't wait for tonight's fights! Shogun vs. St. Preux headlines...

78fa98ac60965322753a7a3ca68ac96a.png

my favorite bisping fight was when he got lippy with hendo

HaHa that seems to be a lot of people's favorite. He fought well last night but got a blast of a head kick & then choked out so once again he falls back to fighting lower ranked fighters.

I was glad to see Al Iaquinta get a victory last night. He's one of my favorite fighters.

Here's a paragraph about last night's fight night...

"Fight Night Sydney, the last UFC FIGHT PASS event of the 2014, will go down in the record books as the event with the most ever finishes in the modern era. It also marks the third time every fight on the card ended in a finish. The previous events were UFC 40 (8), and the Ultimate Fighter 5 Finale (9)."

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shogun is done. He should go to Bellator or WSOF.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Or y'know, just retire before he takes any more years off his life?

Doesn't seem to be the Brazilian way though.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cant believe lineker, the guy almost never makes weight, and he really hardly ever makes it the first time- he needs to move up or get a better diet

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cant believe lineker, the guy almost never makes weight, and he really hardly ever makes it the first time- he needs to move up or get a better diet

He's a disgrace to the MMA world IMO

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mauricio Rua Vs Saint Preux.Saint Preux win by K.O round 1.

Dhiego Lima vs Olivera.Realy good fight :).
Round 1 Lima 10 Olivera 9
Round 2 Lima 10 Olivera 9
Round 3 Lima 10 Olivera 9
Lima Win :).What do you thing about Dhiego Lima?

Attachments

• ufc2.jpg
    ufc2.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 74
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So... UFC 180 is happening and pretty much nobody is talking about it.

Dunno if any of you bet on MMA, I do very occasionally, and I've got a unit on Mark Hunt to win at $4.80. That just seems a crazy price to me for a guy with that kind of power, and I think a lot of people are giving Werdum too much credit for the Travis Brown fight - which was admittedly a laughably one-sided affair, but that'll happen when you're fighting a striker with a broken hand. Look at Werdum and Hunt's recent history, and I think it's probably Hunt that's been facing and beating better fighters.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea, there are a lot of people picking Werdum to win but Hunt is definitely being underestimated & overlooked big time.

If Hunt ends up winning, it'll be one of the great(er) stories in the MMA world

martymart48

martymart48

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cool

Now i want to see this fight :).

Attachments

• ufc180.jpg
    ufc180.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 69
DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So there are now 1-1, 4-4 and 1-0 guys in UFC?????

beside the 3 main fights there is nothing exciting to watch, i have never heard of some of those people... OK ill watch girls fight too :D

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I havent watched a single TUF after TUF 5 with an exception of first girls TUF :D

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So there are now 1-1, 4-4 and 1-0 guys in UFC?????

beside the 3 main fights there is nothing exciting to watch, i have never heard of some of those people... OK ill watch girls fight too :D

I understand what you are saying as far as the weak records go, but I honestly don't care whether a fighter only has 1, 2, or 3 wins under their belt or if I've ever heard of them.

I care about seeing a good fight every time. No-name & weak record fighters can also put on good shows for the crowd :icon_thum

DrazaFFT

DrazaFFT

public static void
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course i agree with that but there is a difference if they were picked because they deserve to be there and they are picked to put a good show and good fight or they are just picked to fill in... imho of course...

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course i agree with that but there is a difference if they were picked because they deserve to be there and they are picked to put a good show and good fight or they are just picked to fill in... imho of course...

Sometimes there has to be a few "fill-ins" for fighters who get injured etc., but Dana & the Fertitta brothers don't just pick guys who don't deserve to be there. They do their scouting & research & pick the very best guys that have a chance to put on a good show & someday become a champion.