21 Yr. old dies in Luge event

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just on tv a 21 year old in the luge event hit a pole and died, thats in the olympic events,, so sad,,,,, buck

P

Psycotic17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK guys, The video of this is being blocked almost on every site and youtube i found a video of his run and the crash no slow mo not graphic just kind of gives you that emptyness in your stomach... If you really want to see the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kg6Lsd24os there it is i dont know how long it will be playable

woody19

woody19

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats just horrible 2 hear just read the article and omg so sad (rip)

Maid Marian

Maid Marian

RIP Baby BooBoo
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is so sad to hear...cannot get the video though. RIP.:(

DINGO8MYBABY

DINGO8MYBABY

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always hate seeing young people die like this. I bet someone is going to have hell to pay for not having padding on the metal pole that the kid hit when it could/should have been padded.

blacksun

blacksun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Horrendous way for the games to begin. Such a waste.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK guys, The video of this is being blocked almost on every site and youtube i found a video of his run and the crash no slow mo not graphic just kind of gives you that emptyness in your stomach... If you really want to see the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kg6Lsd24os there it is i dont know how long it will be playable
Thanks for the link psyco,, they showed it on the NBC nightly news last night just before i posted it, and they showed it in real time,, really horrible thing to see,, i dont know why them concrete posts arent padded, might have saved him,,,buck

thebluff1000

thebluff1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the link psyco,, they showed it on the NBC nightly news last night just before i posted it, and they showed it in real time,, really horrible thing to see,, i dont know why them concrete posts arent padded, might have saved him,,,buck

this one still works

dead spade

dead spade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i saw it on TV last night can you imagine going 95mph down hill loose control and slam into a steel beam they said that his neck was broke instantly, that sucks but i bet that the luge comp is going to be exciteing:cool:

thebluff1000

thebluff1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i saw it on TV last night can you imagine going 95mph down hill loose control and slam into a steel beam they said that his neck was broke instantly, that sucks but i bet that the luge comp is going to be exciteing:cool:

i saw the first guy go down this morning....he was jittery to go...kinda scared i guess

P

Psycotic17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well unfortunatly guys even though padding on the poles would have been a nice idea it would not of helped because when you are moving at 90 mph and come to a complete stop against pretty much anything that collide on direct impact to your head or any part of your body(mostly) you will die...

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mourn the tragic death.:(

However, it will do wonders for the luge ratings.......:eek:

This adds the real tangible element of danger to the games. Takes all that sweetness right out of things and lets us all know these folks who win are the real deal.

A

AAChipMagnet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Terrible turn of events. I feel bad for the guy and his family who I'm sure had high hopes for him. My thoughts on it are this.....Shouldn't they have moved the Olympics when it was clear they would have to truck in snow because of the warm rainy weather? So what if it got delayed for a few days for re-scheduling? Also, why weren't there barriers built to keep them on the track even if they lost control? Seems like that would be one of the first things they should do.

Exit141RTe1

Exit141RTe1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I don't understand is why there were no pads on the posts or safety nets keeping the athletes inside the track. You can't go to a hockey game up here without nets all around the ice surface.

thebluff1000

thebluff1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I don't understand is why there were no pads on the posts or safety nets keeping the athletes inside the track. You can't go to a hockey game up here without nets all around the ice surface.

TRUE TRUE BUT U HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE TO WAIT till someone dies for that to happen....thats what happened with the nets at the hockey areanas cuz a puck hit and killed a young girl in calgary and then made all areanas put up nets so maybe they will put some up to prevent the lugers to hit the posts in the future

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I mourn the tragic death.:(

However, it will do wonders for the luge ratings.......:eek:

This adds the real tangible element of danger to the games. Takes all that sweetness right out of things and lets us all know these folks who win are the real deal.

Prolly true, but luge has got to be the mos god awful boring thing I have ever watched.

PattyR

PattyR

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
saw the video on the internet...absolutely horrific accident..just terrible

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TRUE TRUE BUT U HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY HAVE TO WAIT till someone dies for that to happen....thats what happened with the nets at the hockey areanas cuz a puck hit and killed a young girl in calgary and then made all areanas put up nets so maybe they will put some up to prevent the lugers to hit the posts in the future
Dude you need to let shit like this go, If you become a COP you know you have the right odds of dieing on the job, it's still the same..

Prolly true, but luge has got to be the mos god awful boring thing I have ever watched.
HEHEHEHEHE, unless you go that fast, with out a car you don't know what it's like:D:D:D:D:D...

wayschaff

wayschaff

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some one from yahoosports said he called his dad the day before his fateful run and told him he was terrified of that nasty curve and that he didnt want to do it. he said that if he did do it he would finish it. he also said that he was not going full speed down the hill cause he knew if he hit that curve at full speed it would be nasty. so he wasnt even doing full speed and it still turned out tragic. RIP sad way to start out the games

H

Hitmen9

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel really bad for this kids family, Because he told them he was scared to run on this track..

thebluff1000

thebluff1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude you need to let shit like this go, If you become a COP you know you have the right odds of dieing on the job, it's still the same..

WHAT????? i cant answer a coment in my thread now???????????