Special 1K post: Hold'em Manager Stat Guide

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am now working on HEM, and your guide is a gem!!!! I have only just started, but had it in a game on the weekend, and ended up turning it off as it was distracting me more than helping me. I am setting stuff up now, and forgot about this guide. It is a great help, and many thanks to you for this. Well thought out and explained!!!

You said you would post updates in your blog. If and when you do, will you make an announcement here?

Last edited:
absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, I have actually been working on the follow up to it and will post as soon as there are any updates.

As far as it being distracting, the best thing to do when you first start out is to be extremely basic with what stats you have in your HUD. If that means only VPIP and PFR, then that's fine. Then add stats as your start to feel more comfortable. Kind of like when you're adding tables, you don't want to add too many all at once or you will feel overwhelmed.

M

maolitas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What would be great is to have more ranges and their explanations about how tight / aggro that means, and also have these ranges for 6max play :)

D

Dro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow I just purchased HEM yesterday and was looking for a guide like this. Thank you very much:D. I just have one question; when you're describing the frequency of 3betting, agression factor and passivity/agression of the player etc. Is that for full ring games or six max? (im playing 6max).
Thanks again :D

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the stats are for FR, but I have a number of them in there for 6Max as well, and they are stated. As far as factors having to do with aggression, they should be generally more aggressive in 6Max since you're taking out the early positions and people are usually opening with a wider range so many players will 3Bet a little lighter since they know their opponents ranges are wider.

Olddog21

Olddog21

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks "teach"!

I love these teach posts.....I know thet're helping me....and I'm an "olddog"!

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I kno this thread is 3 years old..but SICK Hamm. I needed this for my switch from Bovada. Knew I had to look for it but I just stumbled upon this thread.

DL'ed and appreciated. GL boss

Hanagis

Hanagis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey i just wanna say thank you. i have been searching for a detaild explaiation on the stats and u have nailed it here. i recently bought poker office and found that it wasnt hepfull at all because i had no clue what ranges i should be looking for and what stats to be placing for my configuration. I would recomend this guide to any one with a stat tracker & Hud because this is the most in depth guide that i have came across with the ealiest understood explainations to all of the different stats. I havnt been one to post in forums at all but i had to here to show u my gratitude. i think i can honestly say that this little guide here has really changed my outlook on my stat tracker n just love how much i enjoy using it now. ( b4 this i had stopped using it because i found i didnt know what nething was and all the numbers were just annoying me and in the way lol )
Thanks Alot I am keeping this guide and will be recomending this to many others who have had the same issues as I did when starting to use there new tracker.
One of the greatest guides out there. Cheers!!!!!!!

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad it's helped, even if it's almost 3 years later, stats really don't change ;)

imboosted

imboosted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AWESOME!

So, I made it to my 1000th post and I, like some others before me, wanted to write up a little something(~30 pages, lol) to kind of thank the members of CardsChat. Since being a member here I have learned a ton and I feel like I have helped quite a few people too, but figured this is something that could help many. It is a poker tracking software stat guide(name Hold'em Manager Stat Guide because I use HEM, so the stats will be name for how they are in there, but they can be used for other tracking software's: Pokertracker3, Poker Office, etc.).

Just came across this. This is awesome! Great work for real!!

AlfieAA

AlfieAA

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
great work, thanks for the guide :)

BearPlay

BearPlay

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just found your guide and found it to be extremely helpful, tyvm ! Also interested in any follow-ups.. and last but not least... congrats on the 1k posts, even if I am a bit late to the party. Continued success and much appreciation ;)

L

LM93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Great guide mate, just wondering if your planning a follow up on some of the additional stats for HEM2.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very informative and useful threads with detailed stats guidance.

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
Just downloaded HEM guide. I understand what stats mean but does not know how to use these stats to improve my decision making. Hoping this guide helps.

Thanks

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great guide mate, just wondering if your planning a follow up on some of the additional stats for HEM2.

Just downloaded HEM guide. I understand what stats mean but does not know how to use these stats to improve my decision making. Hoping this guide helps.

Thanks

Very informative and useful threads with detailed stats guidance.

Thanks!

Doubt I will be updating it myself as I really haven't been playing a whole ton of online poker since BF since the game selection is terrible on the USA friendly sites IMO. I was still really grinding for a while, but my winrate went way down due to the huge increase in regs. Still play every now and then, but really haven't changed my HUD to reflect any of the new stats since, just update HEM2 and go really. Play more live now.

L

LM93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad to hear it mate, hopefully Stars will be back in the USA soon enough.

E

ElgringoLoco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know this is an old thread but just wanted to say thank-you. Figured I was too old at this point to fool around with a HUD, but you fixed that! Been playing live for years but just recently started trying out online poker because of the convenience of playing from home. Didn't like the idea though that I was playing against people who had an advantage but you have helped me level the playing field.

Cheers

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad to hear it! I actually fired mine up for the first time in a long while to check some stuff the other day.

R

ramrjamr2007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this kicks so much ass thank u so much!

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice gesture. Looks like your count has increased slightly over the past three years, too. lol

Thank you.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lol, yea, but I've fallen off quite a but since then too. Dabble every now and then, but 2 kids makes grinding hard

daredeviljo

daredeviljo

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting. It has been like 7 years since the guide was create, but I may just use it. It seems to help one use their HUD stats to categorize players, and make reads on them. Thanks for the work, absoluthamm!