Special 1K post: Hold'em Manager Stat Guide

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just realized that it's only 10 days til Christmas too, so it will be my present to all of you as well, lol.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the present. Seriously, I have not givin any real thought as to playing with these "helpers". I had downloaded and tried a trial poker tracker a long while ago. It was just too confusing and I didn't get to even use it right, before the trial was over.

I now with your help have a leg up on to how to use and what a lot of things are. That would have taken me a long time. I feel that after reading your article a few more times, I will be ready to download the trial and hopefully I will get the gist of it in time for xmas. That way I can get a gift that keeps on giving. lol
Thanks for your very valuable post, I look forward to exploring more of what you have to offer. Happy holidays.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Congrats on the 1000 post Hamm, and thanks for the guide.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the present. Seriously, I have not givin any real thought as to playing with these "helpers". I had downloaded and tried a trial poker tracker a long while ago. It was just too confusing and I didn't get to even use it right, before the trial was over.

I now with your help have a leg up on to how to use and what a lot of things are. That would have taken me a long time. I feel that after reading your article a few more times, I will be ready to download the trial and hopefully I will get the gist of it in time for xmas. That way I can get a gift that keeps on giving. lol
Thanks for your very valuable post, I look forward to exploring more of what you have to offer. Happy holidays.

Glad you're going to put some time into it, but the article really doesn't teach you how to use hold'em manager or pokertracker, but more of what all of the stats within the programs mean and, for some of the stats, some basic values that can tell you something about an opponent's(or your own) play. The best way to utilize the guide would really be to start using on of the software's alongside it and consulting back to it here and there.

btw...thanks Rog and Z

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well done guide Hamm. Wonderful contribution to the forum.

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the 1000th post (I just passed 200 myself, lol) and thanks for the guide. I just started using HEM about a month ago and know I could be getting a lot more out of it than I am. Im sure your guide will help me figure HEM out a little bit better.

Thanks.

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, congradulations on your 1K post and also the time, effort, and contribution for all of us here. Thank you for what you do.

L

leon818

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wowoowooooo.....it's really nice:D

just dowloaded the file and going to study it...:joyman:

thx for yr sharing :angel:

8Michael3

8Michael3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, Congrats on the 1K post.

Your blog is wicked mate.

AND, the info in that guide is awesome.

Thnks, hope you rake in that 10K sooner because of your generosity--unless you'rre at my table.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, it's been a week that the guide has been out, just wondering if anyone's noticed anything that they think should be added/changed. Eventually, I would love to have range values for each stat(but counting in at about 190 stat, it may take a while).

A

AceZWylD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on the milestone. I think i'mma have to check out HEM

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No suggestions on additions or changes, really? I would have thought for sure someone would have something. I guess in a way that could be taken as a positive, but I was just hoping for some input.

BEERM4N

BEERM4N

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just seen this guide mate. Very nice thank you heaps mate.

Would you been intrested in sharing some of your HUD setups?

bazerk

bazerk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanx for the guide absoluthamm, it's greatly appreciated...have included it as part of my study materials to review this week. Initially I wasn't interested in using a tracking program but have been rethinking things (thanx to this forum)...unsure why I wasn't interested in using a valuable tool to improve my online game :eek:? Using another member's analogy -- 'Sure I could cut the grass with scissors but why would I want to?'

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beerman, I am actually working on an article about HUD setups, so you'll get it sooner or later(might be a while, but it will come).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just found this post today and will be checking out the guide you put together. Very nice contribution, commemorating your 1,000th post. nice!

question....sort of about the guide >> how do I open up Adobe to use it like this to put together something (I'm pretty computer illiterate). If it takes you more than a few secs. to explain, don't bother. I'm curious though as I wanted to put something together myself awhile ago for poker stuff (MTT play... I write alot) wanted to use Adobe format type thing but wasn't even able to get started. Sorry to take your thread off topic.
tks for the guide!

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks PO.

As far as using Adobe to make PDFs, you have to have Adobe Acrobat, not Adobe Reader(which is what the majority of people have, and it is free). Adobe Acrobat is pretty expensive, so I did the bad thing and pirated it(oops). I think you might be able to use a program called FoxIt to make them, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Thanks PO.

As far as using Adobe to make PDFs, you have to have Adobe Acrobat, not Adobe Reader(which is what the majority of people have, and it is free). Adobe Acrobat is pretty expensive, so I did the bad thing and pirated it(oops). I think you might be able to use a program called FoxIt to make them, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I actuallly have Acrobat but have never used it... ever. tks

B

bush2008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
am i the only one who gets this error message when trying to open the file? or am i just a lot more computer illiterate?

windows cannot open this file. to open this file windows needs to know what program created it. windows can go online to look it up automatically, or u can manually select from a list of programs on ur computer.

what do u want to do?

use the web service to find the appropriate program
select the program from a list
-----------------------------------------------------------
and thats where i am lost, i have no idea what to do from there. how am i supposed to know what program u used to create the file? and if i go to use the web service to find the appropriate program all i get is info about different things i can download. such as adobe readers, etc.

B

bush2008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
posted that before i read the above thread, (posted after seeing this post on page 1). so u mean i will get charged if i wanna read ur post? well forget that then, why not just copy and paste it and post it here instead of making ur readers have to do all the work?)

B

bush2008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
posted that before i read the above thread, (posted after seeing this post on page 1). so u mean i will get charged if i wanna read ur post? well forget that then, why not just copy and paste it and post it here instead of making ur readers have to do all the work?)

i cannot believe the vast majority of the people here actually read ur program, and spent the money to suddenly purchase the adobe acrobat program allowing them to see it. next time copy and paste it and send it out in text format so no one has to be able to open any files.

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't need to buy any program to download the file. You download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free from Adobe.com. You only need the paid version, which is Adobe Acrobat(not Reader), if you want to create your own documents. Can't believe you have never heard of a .pdf file before.

Also, you don't have to post 3 times when you post an update. You can edit a post...

B

bush2008

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You don't need to buy any program to download the file. You download Adobe Acrobat Reader for free from Adobe.com. You only need the paid version, which is Adobe Acrobat(not Reader), if you want to create your own documents. Can't believe you have never heard of a .pdf file before.

Also, you don't have to post 3 times when you post an update. You can edit a post...

got it to work, thanks for the read, i didnt realize downloading the free version opened it too. but can anyone find me the same type of thread or read talking about omaha8?

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just found this post today and will be checking out the guide you put together. Very nice contribution, commemorating your 1,000th post. nice!

question....sort of about the guide >> how do I open up Adobe to use it like this to put together something (I'm pretty computer illiterate). If it takes you more than a few secs. to explain, don't bother. I'm curious though as I wanted to put something together myself awhile ago for poker stuff (MTT play... I write alot) wanted to use Adobe format type thing but wasn't even able to get started. Sorry to take your thread off topic.
tks for the guide!

Another way to make a pdf is by using Microsoft word 07, you can now save your Word document in PDF format if this is easier for you...