Programs that show your opponent's hole cards?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Nice I learned something from this thread, I always thought J/k meant Just Kidding, I am so embarrassed.

For those who thought I missed a more sinister revelation, nope, I have always known Poker Orifice was up to something. :D JUST KJOKING.

I didn't know that either, as you have already understood. You are not alone in this, therefore there is nothing to be ashamed of. :D
Oh, I just noticed that you have as an avatar a photo from a meeting with Buckster 11 years ago. Have you been there? Are you one of these five?

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe 100% that government and black ops folks have the tech. But at that point they wouldn't risk revealing themselves to cheat at poker . Or would they , just for the hell of it ? Let's say some rogues got their hands on the tech , I'd guess they'd go for the big money games only , but then again, maybe too obvious....

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt had programs where people could see hole cards but I doubt its possible with site that regularry update on a weekly or even a daily basis..

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Just to avoid future confusion, when someone puts "jk" or "(jk)" at the end of a statement it means they are joking... :wink:

jk = joke

If you reread the post you quoted, the author ended with 'jk', which implies they weren't serious... :)

That being said, I don't think it was a particularly good or well thought out joke, mind... :rolleyes:

Nice I learned something from this thread, I always thought J/k meant Just Kidding, I am so embarrassed.

Fortunately Tracid has made things very clear for those who aren't English speaking members.

Joe King

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Full Tilt had programs where people could see hole cards but I doubt its possible with site that regularry update on a weekly or even a daily basis..

You're just Joe King... right? Because Fulltilt didn't have any programs where players could see the holecards.

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're just Joe King... right? Because Fulltilt didn't have any programs where players could see the holecards.

Given the name Odlanor, the malware did exactly what we’ve been talking about. Targeted at users of pokerstars and full tilt poker, Odlanor was hidden within a more official application or program and installed itself on a victim’s computer. It would take a screenshot of a victim’s computer, revealing their username and their hole cards, which would be sent to the attacker.
The attacker could then use this information to ensure that they had an unfair advantage in a game on one of the sites. To prove the point made earlier, though, it was hardly a widespread issue. By September of 2015, it had infected just a few hundred computers. Most of the infections occurred in Eastern Europe in the likes of the Czech Republic, Poland and Hungary.

M

Minakshi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even if such a software existed I wouldn't be interested but would if the fun in playing poker then

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not very nice if someone will use such a program against me!!!(
But I have never heard of such a program.:joyman:

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That sounds more like someone trying to sell a fake product.
Looking for some fool who, driven by ambition, agrees to pay a sum for the program and receives a PDF or a tutorial on how to learn to play Poker instead of such a program.
When you try to run after your money, which you paid for the supposed program, you never find the seller again. Oh, where are you going to complain? Are you going to the police to ask for help because you tried to buy an illegal program and it was stolen?

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In time:
I was recently on an FT and the vilão foi All-in.
I had AQs and decided to call. Villain had 37s and made a Full House on the river.
Poker is the most cynical game there is. LOL

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That sounds more like someone trying to sell a fake product.
Looking for some fool who, driven by ambition, agrees to pay a sum for the program and receives a PDF or a tutorial on how to learn to play Poker instead of such a program.
When you try to run after your money, which you paid for the supposed program, you never find the seller again. Oh, where are you going to complain? Are you going to the police to ask for help because you tried to buy an illegal program and it was stolen?

probably got it thru illegally cracked hud's or other poker software on torrent sites..

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Presumably if someone says 'just kidding' it means they're deathly serious... :dontknow:

pandafreeroll

pandafreeroll

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any hacker who'd have the skills to run such an attack could just as easily ransack the entire platform for all it's worth without having to cheat the people they're robbing at poker...

rehktega

rehktega

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if there is this, it is the purest naughtiness, because the game is played and lambari is fished.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hell no. These may have existed long ago and may have worked for some but from what I understand, the way information is transmitted makes it impossible for a normal user to do such a thing.

However, I got banned from Ladbrokes and Coral for using such software when I did not use one or anything to that extent. And reporting these guys to the relevant regulating authorities does absolutely f*** all. I got nowhere and had my winnings stolen and reported them and waited for nearly a year to be told that there's nothing they can do. And I only asked for this to be looked into attently and deeply at all my activity. There may have been other games or programmes running in my PC's background that have potentially resembled the names of such software, that's my only guess. But can you explain to anyone or ask for explanation? I surely have and they won't give it because they don't care. If they suspect it, they can do as they please and there's no one to regulate it.

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good

good
good if you have such software I do not know.
it's possible for sure, but I think the site will do everything to ban this type of software.

InfernoTheClown

InfernoTheClown

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Long time ago I've had a problem with some bad beats (today I've ''smelled'' a player on 50e freeroll going all in with connectors in a row and getting straight every time 67 and 54 or so , playing just that hands) and I even started a YouTube channel posting screen recordings.
For a while I've stopped to play online poker, but from this year I've started again as on this days AI might do a better job regarding illegal software and protection,
Today that guy made me think twice, because the odds to act like him and the odds to get 2 straights in a row with all in preflop are almost 0, and I've googled about hack and I've seen the idea is still on the ''market'' and plenty of sites have this subject.
So, AI can do the bad things as well, not just good ones and if some good IT geniuses with connection inside on the companies , can use AI to go on poker rooms servers .
In theory it is possible and in Practice as well if the IT guy knows the software working rules (like in electronic roulette )

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Long time ago I've had a problem with some bad beats (today I've ''smelled'' a player on 50e freeroll going all in with connectors in a row and getting straight every time 67 and 54 or so , playing just that hands) and I even started a YouTube channel posting screen recordings.
For a while I've stopped to play online poker, but from this year I've started again as on this days AI might do a better job regarding illegal software and protection,
Today that guy made me think twice, because the odds to act like him and the odds to get 2 straights in a row with all in preflop are almost 0, and I've googled about hack and I've seen the idea is still on the ''market'' and plenty of sites have this subject.
So, AI can do the bad things as well, not just good ones and if some good IT geniuses with connection inside on the companies , can use AI to go on poker rooms servers .
In theory it is possible and in Practice as well if the IT guy knows the software working rules (like in electronic Roulette )
In the freeroll ya say. Sounds pretty dang likely.

I think you might be on errr 'onto' something there Mr. Joe King

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Yes, such a program exists, and yes, I'm one of its main developers!
I used to get frustrated at my steadily shrinking bankroll, bad beats, players more talented than me etc. until me and my hacker buddies came up with the idea of simply rigging the system. If you can't beat it, then it becomes a moral obligation to manipulate it, at least that's my philosophy. If others lose money over my shenanigans, then that's a sacrifice which I'm willing to take. After all, why don't THEY build a similar software, too? Therefore, I've got no moral qualms of cheating the living hell out of my opponents.

(jk)
I almost believe what the Dark Knight says too (just kidding). Ha ha ha. The truth I believe that everything is possible, the developers should be able to see the cards of the players. They are the Creators as well as a God in their world.

Of course, the creators are not going to allow hackers to enter their servers and can afford to see that data, since for them that would represent the loss of their business and reputation with all their clients and the world, and they would go bankrupt. They are going to believe that rooms like Pokerstars, GGPoker, partypoker, AmericanCards, 888poker, are going to allow these failures after so many years of reputation and invested work. I don't think so.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Recently on a Facebook page I saw a publication about a program that showed the cards of your opponents, which caught my attention, he commented that it was used for all online poker rooms, personally I found it something very shocking because I find it very unpleasant if this is possible and I would not like to play against someone who has this type of program. Some of you have known about this type of program, if you have used it and what do you think:confused:
I think this is nonsense. Even if such a program exists, no one will distribute it. Most likely, these are scammers selling software that simply does not work and imitates the display of opponents' cards.

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Those of you who would like to know the story about someone seeing hole cards should Google Russ Hamilton.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If such programs existed, no one would know about them.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Peter Jepsen is best known for winning the March 2007 European Poker Tour event in Poland. But the Dane is much more famous for a complex scam involving downloading spyware onto his opponents' laptops. Together with accomplices, he would access the PCs of high rollers and install software on them that allowed them to recognize cards remotely - he could see the screen with the poker client.

P

Player3607

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MY
Chips
anybody, i have play at this App name winbox, on that app they have POKERWIN, inside that pokerwin they have texas holdem with 8 card playing, start from 7 to King and A.
but lately i saw many cheaters, they know what cards that they opponent have.. i hope i can get any cheat app to pay them back..