Programs that show your opponent's hole cards?

GabaGabaHey

GabaGabaHey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently on a Facebook page I saw a publication about a program that showed the cards of your opponents, which caught my attention, he commented that it was used for all online poker rooms, personally I found it something very shocking because I find it very unpleasant if this is possible and I would not like to play against someone who has this type of program. Some of you have known about this type of program, if you have used it and what do you think:confused:

I concur with most of the comments I've read on this thread.
Let's face it, if a technology like that existed and it ever got out that it was used on any well known poker site then their business would end over night, to say nothing of any law suits from players who believe they were wronged.
The negative publicity would simply kill them.
That's why it would always be in the interest of any site to stop something like this as soon as they'd heard about it.

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stay away from the person he is a scammer, and don't use that kind of an App because you will get banned 100%

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it did happen more than 10 years ago. It involved an inside programmer. These sites now watch for that closer than ever. It only worked on the one site. There is no way to build it that would work on multiple sites.

There are several people that falsely claim that they can see other people's hands. But if you watch them, they do not perform that well.

I would not take it seriously on any site with a history. Be cautious of new websites.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Would you like to try an experiment? Let’s play heads up and you stream live on twitch so I can see your cards. Then we will analyze the results of whether your bankroll grows or diminishes.

I don't need to prove anything to you. If you want to experiment, it's your right, but I'm not interested in such experiments. I do not understand at all what is the point of discussing all sorts of conspiracy theories. If you assume that there may be players who see your cards, then you just need to find another hobby, such as swimming.

L

Lol1x1

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Recently on a Facebook page I saw a publication about a program that showed the cards of your opponents, which caught my attention, he commented that it was used for all online poker rooms, personally I found it something very shocking because I find it very unpleasant if this is possible and I would not like to play against someone who has this type of program. Some of you have known about this type of program, if you have used it and what do you think:confused:
Even if there is such a program, in no case do not use it! I am sure that the security services take care of their customers and will immediately expel these scammers!:deal:

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not long ago, about 10 years ago, there was a scandal about online poker, where opponents saw their opponents' closed cards. So yes, there can be such programs.

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe there is this type of program, and if there really is a fraud against the games, players who use the same should be banned from the game as soon as possible..

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There has only one been one known incident to date that we know of....Excapsa software.

It did happen and it could easily happen again.

S

Sham3415

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously there is that I can't believe how I'm going to win like that

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lets hope not, that would ruin online poker

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There's no way on any major site that's possible, the bigger thing is collusion. People have been caught teaming up in sit n go's, and on non zoom cash games. It's rare but that probably still happens

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty sure, that while we're discussing, there are other specialized forums where they discuss how to crack poker rooms. When there's money, there's fraud :) Pokerrooms stream tournaments with all cards up, so technically, there is a solution. Hackers might just need to beat the security. I guess, there is a constant fight going on between cheaters and security. Some might get through, but not for long. Amen

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't need to prove anything to you. If you want to experiment, it's your right, but I'm not interested in such experiments. I do not understand at all what is the point of discussing all sorts of conspiracy theories. If you assume that there may be players who see your cards, then you just need to find another hobby, such as swimming.
You’re changing the subject. You said seeing others hole cards isn’t an advantage if they’re good at poker. That is patently false. Swimming lol. Good one bub

S

scdodger1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustration over getting beaten by some player calling with garbage and taking your hard earned cash can definitely lead to a feeling that they are somehow cheating.
The one case a few years ago involved a ''god mode'' used in testing that was accessed by the guilty party in real play.
If, and this is a huge IF, this existed as some software then how would they benefit by selling the product? This would close down online poker VERY quickly.
These claims have been going round for years and are just not true.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Pay attention to my post above. are you sure we're talking about the same thing? A program that shows the cards before they are distributed cannot exist a priori, because no one knows this, because the computer works with the RNG (random number generator) system.
If we talk about when the cards are already in hand, then this is again impossible, and I described it above, otherwise it would mean that the employee who developed the server and had access to it leaked the information.
If we are talking about opening cards after a fold, this is also unlikely, based on the post above (you need access to the server)
Just to avoid future confusion, when someone puts "jk" or "(jk)" at the end of a statement it means they are joking... :wink:

jk = joke

If you reread the post you quoted, the author ended with 'jk', which implies they weren't serious... :)

That being said, I don't think it was a particularly good or well thought out joke, mind... :rolleyes:

It is possible yes but I'd say with today's technology it would be hard to do and get away with. It has been done by tho on absolute poker way back in the day. Guy stole millions using some system or hack that showed everyone's hand. If I remember correctly he got away with it for a good while and even got to keep moat of the $ b/c he had spent it b4 they could try and take it back
Your memory is omitting pertinent details, see below...

Not long ago, about 10 years ago, there was a scandal about online poker, where opponents saw their opponents' closed cards. So yes, there can be such programs.
That wasn't a "program" it was a super user account created during the platform's development and then later accessed by one of the site's bosses to cheat. They were caught.

I'm pretty sure, that while we're discussing, there are other specialized forums where they discuss how to crack poker rooms. When there's money, there's fraud :) Pokerrooms stream tournaments with all cards up, so technically, there is a solution. Hackers might just need to beat the security. I guess, there is a constant fight going on between cheaters and security. Some might get through, but not for long. Amen
Tournaments that are streamed 'cards up' do not have the hand data (i.e. the replay of the hand) exported until after each hand is completed, specifically not to compromise integrity.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
a program that showed the cards of your opponents, Some of you have known about this type of program, if you have used it and what do you think:confused:

Why? Are you wanting to purchase it?

(send me a pm... only charging $1 Million.... or 100million play chips at Stars)

but keep it quiet though... ok. I didn't think people were seein' my Facebook page on this. Man! :deal:

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Why? Are you wanting to purchase it?

(send me a pm... only charging $1 Million.... or 100million play chips at Stars)

but keep it quiet though... ok. I didn't think people were seein' my Facebook page on this. Man! :deal:
Mods! ... MODS !!!

Something fishy is going on here, again! :icon_boun

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Just to avoid future confusion, when someone puts "jk" or "(jk)" at the end of a statement it means they are joking... :wink:

jk = joke

If you reread the post you quoted, the author ended with 'jk', which implies they weren't serious... :)

That being said, I don't think it was a particularly good or well thought out joke, mind... :rolleyes:
Oh, thank you for the clarification. I didn't know this oboznochaniya before.:eek:
Unfortunately, the translator is not able to read such symbols. That's why I'm glad you wrote to me about it!
throb.gif
throb.gif
throb.gif

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Well, of course someone like Tracid would want you to believe something like this. That sly fox was the one who gave me the idea for such a program in the first place !!!!

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Oh, thank you for the clarification. I didn't know this oboznochaniya before.:eek:
Unfortunately, the translator is not able to read such symbols. That's why I'm glad you wrote to me about it!
throb.gif
throb.gif
throb.gif
Yes, it's a colloquial abbreviation so 99% of translators and dictionaries probably have approximately a 0% chance of translating it or listing the correct meaning.

It's possible some modern dictionaries are being sold short in the above statement, one that most likely contains note of this usage of 'jk' would be the online 'urban dictionary', where there are likely several humourous context examples too.

One of those things that, especially when learning a foreign language, once you know- you know! :wink: :biggrin:

Pleasure to be of service. :love: :five:

Well, of course someone like Tracid would want you to believe something like this. That sly fox was the one who gave me the idea for such a program in the first place !!!!
This is why I expressly communicated not appreciating the joke.

Trying to keep our little super user program side hustle on the down-low...

Sheesh! :rolleyes:

J to the K

:icon_joke

Last edited:
infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You’re changing the subject. You said seeing others hole cards isn’t an advantage if they’re good at poker. That is patently false. Swimming lol. Good one bub

If you're losing money, don't blame the whole world and make up incredible stories. Opponents who see your cards, poker sites that don't show you your cards, magnetic storms that hinder the growth of your bankroll, and so on, all mean that you don't want to take responsibility. Your results will always depend only on you. Try to be patient and not play with junk.
...... Also, maybe poker is just not your game. There are many people who do not play poker, but play Lego well, or paint coloring pages and I assure you there is nothing wrong with that.

R

RedMatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay attention to my post above.

Yes, it's a colloquial abbreviation so 99% of translators and dictionaries probably have approximately a 0% chance of translating it or listing the correct meaning.

JK = Jack King

Originally, literally, (j/k) means just kidding. It is sad that it loses something in translation. I am sure there are many things that get lost when translating into English too.

I am sorry for your trouble, Chica Bonita. ¿hablas español?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
JK = Jack King

Originally, literally, (j/k) means just kidding. It is sad that it loses something in translation. I am sure there are many things that get lost when translating into English too.

I am sorry for your trouble, Chica Bonita. ¿hablas español?

Oh, thank you for the kind words. :love:
Yes, sometimes I don't understand the message, because the meaning is lost in translation. It really upsets me. :(
But I try to understand.:)

P.S.: No, I don't speak Spanish.:icon_albi:icon_albi:icon_albi

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nice I learned something from this thread, I always thought J/k meant Just Kidding, I am so embarrassed.

For those who thought I missed a more sinister revelation, nope, I have always known Poker Orifice was up to something. :D JUST KJOKING.