Poker software = cheating?

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My personal favorite kind of people are the ones that have really strong opinions about things they don't even understand. You gotta love em... they spike the punch in the party of life.

Oooooh, i see my sir, looks like DRIVEHUD is your program am i right sir? Now i see where your groundless defensiveness is coming from. No more questions to you.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oooooh, i see my sir, looks like DRIVEHUD is your program am i right sir? Now i see where your groundless defensiveness is coming from. No more questions to you.

Anybody who has been on this board for any length of time knows Drivehud is our companies product.

My comment was clear.. it has nothing to do w/ the defense of using HUDs in online poker. My comment was that people like yourself have strong opinions about things they don't even understand, it's funny and entertaining.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it's more dangerous than it sounds. Poker tipsters provide solutions based on complex calculations, in which the program selects the optimal solution based on tens of thousands of game simulations. This software will determine the approximate range of the opponent's hands in each typical situation and choose a balanced strategy. I believe that bots and tipsters in poker will put the industry under serious threat in the coming year. Programs are superior to humans in computing abilities, they do not get tired and do not tilt.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anybody who has been on this board for any length of time knows Drivehud is our companies product.

My comment was clear.. it has nothing to do w/ the defense of using HUDs in online poker. My comment was that people like yourself have strong opinions about things they don't even understand, it's funny and entertaining.

Oh my god what? Do you even hear what you are saying?
Okay, so i say HUD = cheat, instead of explaining what is wrong you try to make fun of me, and that is a defense mechanism.
And just as i said you are one of those sirs without even your opinion.
And i probably understand more about HUD just by looking at it then you working with it for years. (Well as i said at least untill you prove the opposite. I claim here to be an expert on HUDs)
So.
Yeah.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

And what even is there too much to understand? Like its not some Differential Equations or somthing, Rocket Science. Its software that collects data about other players ... What am i missing here?

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If something is legal and everyone is allowed to use it, it is not cheating. Poker software can not only be used to analyze opponents but also to analyze one's own game in order to find one's own weak points in the game and to improve them. I think poker software has contributed a lot to the advancement of the game of poker. However, in a live tournament you don't have any poker software that you can use ... you have to rely more on your instincts and observations at the table.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If something is legal and everyone is allowed to use it, it is not cheating. Poker software can not only be used to analyze opponents but also to analyze one's own game in order to find one's own weak points in the game and to improve them. I think poker software has contributed a lot to the advancement of the game of poker. However, in a live tournament you don't have any poker software that you can use ... you have to rely more on your instincts and observations at the table.
Well i think i messed up a little about the title, i did not mean its cheating against your opponent when you use HUD on him, but cheating the whole game like breaking it. I also probably went too far calling it Cheating, but you get the idea.
And also somthing could be not investigated deep enough beforehand and could be recalled afterwards, so if its alowed it could mean a mistake. Some mistakes could be more sophisticated then the others. And few poker rooms agree here. So, controversal topic for sure.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it's more dangerous than it sounds. Poker tipsters provide solutions based on complex calculations, in which the program selects the optimal solution based on tens of thousands of game simulations. This software will determine the approximate range of the opponent's hands in each typical situation and choose a balanced strategy. I believe that bots and tipsters in poker will put the industry under serious threat in the coming year. Programs are superior to humans in computing abilities, they do not get tired and do not tilt.

Bots have been in the game of online poker for over 20+ years. How has it ruined it to this point?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Oh my god what? Do you even hear what you are saying?
Okay, so i say HUD = cheat, instead of explaining what is wrong you try to make fun of me, and that is a defense mechanism.
And just as i said you are one of those sirs without even your opinion.
And i probably understand more about HUD just by looking at it then you working with it for years. (Well as i said at least untill you prove the opposite. I claim here to be an expert on HUDs)
So.
Yeah.

There's free HUDs and HUDs and databases like Drivehud that cost $9-$29 for most players and it's available to anyone who wants to use it. If you can't afford $29, you shouldn't be playing poker (or doing any kind of gambling). Being able to track your own play, review it, analyze and learn from it is WORK, and involves TALENT to improve. If you don't want to invest time in using a free one and learning how the math and stats work behind that tools, that's on you. It's like a tennis player showing up to the court w/ no racket and then blaming the other player for beating them because they didn't bother to purchase a decent racket.

You stumbled into an online poker forum and accused more than half the people of cheating, while displaying you have no understanding of what you're talking about.

There's a word that's often used for people like this... I'll just leave it at that.

You can have the last word to show off your brilliance once again.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots have been in the game of online poker for over 20+ years. How has it ruined it to this point?
Well i said somwhere here that i probably went too far by saying its cheating. Lets put it like that - it moves the balance of the game and make it much easier for some people, while others struggle.
Also i am rather new to online poker world so this is al new stuff for me.
Also bot is not same as HUD, this is completely different topic. And yes bots breaking the game very bad.
I think with no bots and no HUDs we could have much more players in poker and much more money and overall the more developed industry. This is what i think.
And this is what could be answered to the question 'How has it ruined.'

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im not using any software to show player stats, and i think its somwhat cheating.

I have a job and i simply don't have enough time to sit there and investigate that data for half of day, and use all those tools and trackers, you know, cause i have a job.
So basically people who decided to not have job and have ton of free time to use some tools and stuff, and they are rewarded for that by having all the stats in their hands.
And thats very unfair at my opinion.
And now, even if i had some free time, i would still not use those tools. Its like killing the game and i just dont see no fun in this. Poker must be fun. Everything must be fun.
I absolutely agree with you and this point of view is supported by many! After all, it is not for nothing that there are rooms where the use of any programs for collecting statistics is prohibited! Good luck bro!

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Funny that you mentioned using those stats and databases of YOUR game to improve your decisions. But i kind of thought that main thing about HUD is data about other players. While player that does not have that soft he sits there and collects that data himself, others sit and drink coffee cus they have all the data. So this point of yours is not brilliant enough.

Also, if you go through this thread i said there that i dont quite mean one player cheating the other, although for some extend it is, but main thing i meant is that it is cheating the whole game. Kind of breaking it for some extend.

And also please show me where exactly i did not show any understanding of what i am talking. At this point it kind of looks like its you who do not understand the purpose of HUD. But you do. You just talk about stuff that is comfortable to you and make you and your HUD thingy look beter.

But you doing good job of not transferring from 'make fun' to straight up insulting me, i give you credit for that.
There's free HUDs and HUDs and databases like Drivehud that cost $9-$29 for most players and it's available to anyone who wants to use it. If you can't afford $29, you shouldn't be playing poker (or doing any kind of gambling). Being able to track your own play, review it, analyze and learn from it is WORK, and involves TALENT to improve. If you don't want to invest time in using a free one and learning how the math and stats work behind that tools, that's on you. It's like a tennis player showing up to the court w/ no racket and then blaming the other player for beating them because they didn't bother to purchase a decent racket.

You stumbled into an online poker forum and accused more than half the people of cheating, while displaying you have no understanding of what you're talking about.

There's a word that's often used for people like this... I'll just leave it at that.

You can have the last word to show off your brilliance once again.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would think its only used when it counts. like for big money As long as its allowed I have no problem. Just feel it could waste a lot of time

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not agree, it would be much better if it was banned on all sites!

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
... TALENT ...

I almost don't want to argue with you. You just fighting with me with such passion ... And clearly not have enough ground under your feet.
Are you doing this HUD stuff for living? Well you gotta do whats good and whats right in your life. If somthing you believed in turns out to be not good and not right, you gotta move on.
There is absolutely zero talent in using HUD. Franckly its quite the opposite. But whatever.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't use any poker utilities either. Unfortunately, I can't spend enough time learning to use these programs either.However, I do not think it would be fraudulent to use these programs.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is it they say, ah yes, "Be careful what you ask for! :D
Yeah whatever sir, keep posting nonsense comments here i dont care. And then fail to answer me back. And then pop up out of nowhere again to post more nonsense.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is it they say, ah yes, "Be careful what you ask for! :D
At this point im just assuming you just supporting you friend the only way you can. By posting a complete nonsense to minimize a chance for me to reply.
Either this, or i am the one here not understanding somthing, i dont care, im not liking this conversation so good day sir.

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sorry to confuse you, you asserted that using software that is available to anyone who wishes to purchase it is unfair I asked how that was unfair. You responded saying it was unfair because it was unfair. I then picked myself up, my nose bloodied from attempting to reason with a brick wall & responded with something or other resembling a joke to the post of a friend who was having an experience similar to mine. Was not taking a poke at you, or if I was, twas of such a gentle nature as to require neither outrage or response. My original question to you was genuine & not intended to disrupt or hijack your thread. Ta ta.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry to confuse you, you asserted that using software that is available to anyone who wishes to purchase it is unfair I asked how that was unfair. You responded saying it was unfair because it was unfair. I then picked myself up, my nose bloodied from attempting to reason with a brick wall & responded with something or other resembling a joke to the post of a friend who was having an experience similar to mine. Was not taking a poke at you, or if I was, twas of such a gentle nature as to require neither outrage or response. My original question to you was genuine & not intended to disrupt or hijack your thread. Ta ta.
Okay no problem.
Well first you call me a King of the world. Im a strong man and im having strong opinions on stuff. I say what i say not cause i say so, but cause i think its right. And im not 100 per cent sure here, thats why theres a question mark in the title. So anyone is more then welcome to change my mind.
Then i respond its not cheat in the meaning you say, but more like a cheat of a whole game.
And this ain't some new controversy here, even on CardsChat "10tips for winning online poker" it says "While some players are against utilizing software while playing online poker, the author takes the stance that as long as it is allowed by the site's terms of service then it is a tool available to all, and therefore is fair game" implying that there are few opinions and they all could be right.
Well anyway i hope to see more poker rooms ban HUDs in future.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is part of the evolution of the game. You can be for or against the use of soft. But since poker is a game of imperfect information, it seems reasonable that the world of technology should focus on providing more adequate responses to various gaming situations.
In the case of HUDs, the statistics require large of hands samples for the values ​​to be consistent. If you play cash games and don't want to hud, you can set a certain opening range preflop and then play few hands against a villain, so he don't have a chance to track your stats. You then permanently switch tables and you choose opponents, based on the manual observations you make. It's more work, but the goal is basically the same. Find the fish on the table.
Greetings.

avangard555

avangard555

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought of writing some kind of unambiguous answer, but I thought about it. If there is an amateur who does not like that there is an advantage against him in the form of programs, then of course it is better to prohibit them. Without an amateur, the game is dead

B

BasTid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
False.

Get one & you'll see for yourself.

I agree

HUDs are only a guide at best and most of the time they are only good for preflop unless you have a massive sample size. Even then you would only know to open slightly wider or tighter or this guy will 3bet light. You still have to do everything a player without a HUD even if you have the extra data. I consider it on par with taking really detailed notes.

Also I think a HUD's greatest use is to tell you about how you are playing more than anything and allows you to adjust your game for more balanced play and meaning you are less likely to be exploited.