Official Hold'em Manager Support Thread

MasterOfDisaster

MasterOfDisaster

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know if I start a pokerrroom with sandboxie I am able to get the HUD working with HM1, is this also possible with HM2 and how, cause I don't seem to find a way TY

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Official HM Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has been a while since we tried Sandboxie and Holdem Manager. There were some issues with it, due to SB blocking processes. Our recommendation is to not use SB with poker sites, HM and Postgres.

You can try these steps:

1) Uninstall Sandboxie and all poker programs. Install all poker programs first, then re-install Sandboxie. Install each, running the setup file as administrator. Right-click the file and click Run As Administrator.

2) Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2561/Set+Correct+Permissions+on+files+and+folders+HM2+use

3) See this FAQ to add the necessary files to your exceptions in any antivirus, firewall, and Sandboxie - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1011/Software+Security+Problems+(Firewall)

These steps are most likely to guarantee success, but in our testing, Sandboxie did not work well with us.

An alternative would be to only use your poker computer for poker playing, and use a second computer to surf the web. You can run a program such as Oracle VirtualBox to do any non-poker/financial computer things. If you were to experience issues in that Virtual machine, you can then just delete that machine and start a new one.

Make sure that you also add the corresponding files if you play any fast-fold poker games:

zoom - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/que...m+Manager+to+run+with+Poker+Stars+Zoom+Tables

rush - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/que...dem+Manager+to+run+with+Full+Tilt+Rush+Tables

Party fast forward - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/que...er+to+run+with+Party+Poker+FastForward+Tables

Ipoker Speed -http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2531/How+to+setup+Holdem+Manager+to+run+with+IPoker+Speed+Tables

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is HM2 working fine with Pokerstars 7 ??

Hi everyone :)

I have been wanting to try out PS7 but I want to be sure I won't have any issues with HM2.
Anyone here using both already? what's your experience? did you had to make manual corrections of any kind in HM2 after upgrading to PS7?

Thanks in advance.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not noticed anything different , Im using the Beta pokerstars 7 but using the Pokerstars 6 View for the tournament lobby. ALthough not sure what main differences are

Attachments

• PS.jpg
    PS.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 61
C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HEM2 setting issue

Hi,

I am having an issue with the settings in HEM2. The SW does import the hands (sometimes it imports funny stuff, like it shows that i won $130 while finishing 2nd on a 9 person STT at $1.5 buyin :confused:, but that is not my point here).
In a tournament, it does not compile previous recorded hands from other players.

For instance, if i meet player "whalecall911" for the second time at a tourney/SNG, I'd expect HEM to show the 150 hands I have already played against him, and not start counting from hand 1 again. There are some players that i have met a couple of times, and HEM will show their stats from hand 1, without taking into account the past hands, which makes stats just useless.

This said, when i go to the report tab, then i click on "select player" under the top left corner icon, i see all players i have played against, and i see the total number of their hands that have been recorded. So, HEM does record all players hands history, but does not take them into account at a table.

Is it a setting that i didn't adjust correctly ? is it another HEM bug ?

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,

I am having an issue with the settings in HEM2. The SW does import the hands (sometimes it imports funny stuff, like it shows that i won $130 while finishing 2nd on a 9 person STT at $1.5 buyin :confused:, but that is not my point here).

Which site or sites are you experiencing this issue with?

Any tournament with more than 1 table (and some single table games) will require a separate Tournament Summary/History file to be imported for HM2 to properly calculate the size, places, and prizes. Without this information it is impossible for HM2 to work out the correct results. The only sites that currently write these summary files that we support right now is Pokerstars, Full Tilt, and Pacific. If your site does not write summaries, or you experience any discrepancies with the results, you will need to manually edit the results via the Reports > Tournament > Tournaments > right-click > edit - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/que...rnaments{47}+Tournament{47}+Tournament+Editor

If you continue to have problems even after importing the summary files, please zip and email the problem hand histories and tournament summaries. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have changed the default. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth e.g C:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with v7283+ it would be in C:\HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\DD\MM.

In a tournament, it does not compile previous recorded hands from other players.

For instance, if i meet player "whalecall911" for the second time at a tourney/SNG, I'd expect HEM to show the 150 hands I have already played against him, and not start counting from hand 1 again. There are some players that i have met a couple of times, and HEM will show their stats from hand 1, without taking into account the past hands, which makes stats just useless.

This said, when i go to the report tab, then i click on "select player" under the top left corner icon, i see all players i have played against, and i see the total number of their hands that have been recorded. So, HEM does record all players hands history, but does not take them into account at a table.

Is it a setting that i didn't adjust correctly ? is it another HEM bug ?

Make sure the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > [ ] 'Use session stats' is disabled.

Make sure that the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > Min hands: is set to '0'.

Make sure that the HUD Settings > Stat Appearance > Min samples: is set to '0' for each and every stat in your HUD if your issue is missing stats.

Make sure that your HUD Settings > HUD Filters are all set to '2 to 10' and that both check box options under Filter by limits are checked [x].

Make sure the HUD Settings > Tournament Filters are all set to '1 to 81+'. Changing these filters to anything other than their default settings will make the HUD Stats change drastically based on the number of players at the table and/or their stack sizes in tournaments.

If that doesn't fix the issues, please reproduce the problem and attach a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm - showing the HUD, the Report for one of the selected players with the problems, and pictures of the HUD Filters and Tournament Filters and attach a log file as explained in this FAQ - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support?

Fozzy71
Customer Support

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Which site or sites are you experiencing this issue with?

Any tournament with more than 1 table (and some single table games) will require a separate Tournament Summary/History file to be imported for HM2 to properly calculate the size, places, and prizes. Without this information it is impossible for HM2 to work out the correct results. The only sites that currently write these summary files that we support right now is Pokerstars, Full Tilt, and Pacific. If your site does not write summaries, or you experience any discrepancies with the results, you will need to manually edit the results via the Reports > Tournament > Tournaments > right-click > edit - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/que...rnaments{47}+Tournament{47}+Tournament+Editor

If you continue to have problems even after importing the summary files, please zip and email the problem hand histories and tournament summaries. All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have changed the default. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth e.g C:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31) or if it was auto-imported with v7283+ it would be in C:\HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\DD\MM.

Make sure the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > [ ] 'Use session stats' is disabled.

Make sure that the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > Min hands: is set to '0'.

Make sure that the HUD Settings > Stat Appearance > Min samples: is set to '0' for each and every stat in your HUD if your issue is missing stats.

Make sure that your HUD Settings > HUD Filters are all set to '2 to 10' and that both check box options under Filter by limits are checked [x].

Make sure the HUD Settings > Tournament Filters are all set to '1 to 81+'. Changing these filters to anything other than their default settings will make the HUD Stats change drastically based on the number of players at the table and/or their stack sizes in tournaments.

If that doesn't fix the issues, please reproduce the problem and attach a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm - showing the HUD, the Report for one of the selected players with the problems, and pictures of the HUD Filters and Tournament Filters and attach a log file as explained in this FAQ - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support?

Fozzy71
Customer Support

Thank you for your reply ! i'm with pokerstars.
I checked all the settings as listed. They seem to be the default settings, which I have not changed. Anyway, now, they are as you described. Problem is not solved yet.

When I sit on a SNG table with players I have met before, it will show the player's stats starting from the already recorded stats (say I have played 102 hands against mike, the HUD will show 102 hands and related stats) at the start. Then, as soon at the second round starts, mike's hands counter will be reset to 2 on the HUD at the table, instead of keeping the count from 102.
Could it be an issue with the postgreSQL database settings ? if yes, how can i check the settings ?

in PS settings, the tournament options path is set to C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\PokerStars\TournSummaryMyplayersname
the hand history options path is set to C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandsHistoryMyplayersname

both save hands boxes are ticked.

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for your reply ! i'm with pokerstars.
I checked all the settings as listed. They seem to be the default settings, which I have not changed. Anyway, now, they are as you described. Problem is not solved yet.

When I sit on a SNG table with players I have met before, it will show the player's stats starting from the already recorded stats (say I have played 102 hands against mike, the HUD will show 102 hands and related stats) at the start. Then, as soon at the second round starts, mike's hands counter will be reset to 2 on the HUD at the table, instead of keeping the count from 102.
Could it be an issue with the postgreSQL database settings ? if yes, how can i check the settings ?

in PS settings, the tournament options path is set to C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\PokerStars\TournSummaryMyplayersname
the hand history options path is set to C:\Users\Myname\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandsHistoryMyplayersname

both save hands boxes are ticked.

This thread is designed for first level support and simple questions that require a single reply. Anything that requires any amount of back and forth needs to be handled on our forums or via email.

Please send us the hand histories and tournament summaries so we can investigate your tournament results problems, and the screen shots and logs so we can investigate your HUD issues, as requested via email. We can't help you further without the files we requested so we need to move this to email where we can give you one on one help on your problem and you/we can easily attach files as needed.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

avibar

avibar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

i just got a new com. and need to reg but i cant see the license key section in my account page.sent mail to support but am steal waiting couple of hours .is there a way thet i cuold reset it myself like it used to be?

thanks

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi

i just got a new com. and need to reg but i cant see the license key section in my account page.sent mail to support but am steal waiting couple of hours .is there a way thet i cuold reset it myself like it used to be?

thanks

We normally reply to emails within 12 - 24 hours. I think I replied to your email earlier today and/or forwarded it over to our sales team. If you bought a license and can't see the license on your account then it was most likely bought under a different email address and they will need to work with you via email to verify your identity and get the code transferred over to your current/new email address so please be patient.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

T

thechamps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
I downloaded the Hold'em Manager2 free trial and I keep getting a message saying "Hold'em Manager 2 cannot connect to the PostgreSQL database server". I have tried a lot of things and it just wont work. Would you please help me out?
Thanks

avibar

avibar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you very much fozzy for reset the code got yuore email.u r the best

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi,
I downloaded the Hold'em Manager2 free trial and I keep getting a message saying "Hold'em Manager 2 cannot connect to the PostgreSQL database server". I have tried a lot of things and it just wont work. Would you please help me out?
Thanks

If you previously installed postgresql (with a PT4 trial perhaps?) then try the following steps:

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

You might also want to try svcPASS83 for a password if none of the above works.

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+(PostgreSQL)

If you continue to have problems this is usually a firewall or windows update issue and the following guide gives a step by step guide:
http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1001/Can+not+Connect+{47}+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQL+

Fozzy71
Customer Support

JCgrind

JCgrind

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not sure if this is correct place to post but whatev

purchased leakbuster ages ago- the payment cleared last week, however i still havent been sent an email with the license key and my emails to support have been ignored. if i could get some help with this thatd be great

123andyp123

123andyp123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started using my free trial of HM 2 .And i have to say it has some really good tools. My hud comes up on Full flush and betonline but i cant get note caddy to work on these sites .Is bet or flush supported by note caddy ?

T

thechamps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Again,

It is just not working for me. Ive tried the things you said and it just wont connect.

Thanks,

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not sure if this is correct place to post but whatev

purchased leakbuster ages ago- the payment cleared last week, however i still havent been sent an email with the license key and my emails to support have been ignored. if i could get some help with this thatd be great

Check your email spam/junk inbox for our code/email replies as they sometimes go there. This isn't something easy to handle on the forums as we need your personal information to check your account but if you want to PM me your email address you used when purchasing and contacting us I can try to look up your information the next time I check on this forum (which generally only happens once every 24 - 48 hours).

Fozzy71
Customer Support

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just started using my free trial of HM 2 .And i have to say it has some really good tools. My hud comes up on Full flush and betonline but i cant get note caddy to work on these sites .Is bet or flush supported by note caddy ?

We do not support these sites at all in HM2/NC so I am not sure how you got the HUD up but I assume you are using a 3rd party tool to convert the hands some way to a site we do support. We can not provide tech support for sites we do not support that you use a 3rd party tool to convert to a site we do support since we have no way to ensure the converted hands meet the criteria we use in our parser for original hands from that site. I am not sure if the hands once converted to a site we support will generate a NC note but I assume it would. Whether or not that will then be shown in the HUD the 3rd party tool helps to produce is something you need to ask the support of the 3rd party tool about.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Again,

It is just not working for me. Ive tried the things you said and it just wont connect.

Thanks,

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Many of those free Norton, Mcaffee, Comodo, Zonealarm, Avira, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, 'internet security' bundles will not work well with Holdem Manager.

Please do the following steps, so we can get your computer to a state that we know will work with Holdem Manager:

A) Uninstall any 3rd party security software bundles.
B) Reboot your computer

Make sure windows is fully updated until 'No New Important Updates are Found' (this may require multiple restarts and multiple 'check for updates'), including Internet Explorer (even if you use a different web browser). This is important because it will install critical updates that affect PostgreSQL and maybe related to the issues you are seeing.

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.

2) Delete the \PostgreSQL\8.x\data folder that is left behind.

3) Delete the sub-folder(s) in c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\HoldemManager\Database (XP - c:\documents and settings\username\application data\HoldemManager\Database).

4) Restart your PC

5) Use our combo installer to reinstall PostgreSQL. Make sure you un-check Holdem Manager during installation. http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Holdem_Manager_2_Setup.exe

Start HM2 again and create a New Database.

C) Enable Windows Firewall's recommended settings through your Control Panel, turn off Windows Defender, and add firewall exceptions for HM and SQL - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1011/Software+Security+Problems+(Firewall)#MSES
D) Install Microsoft Security Essentials for antivirus/malware protection and update it - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

If you continue to have problems, please reproduce the problem and attach your log.txt file with a detailed description of what you were doing and what problems you were experiencing. Email this file to hm2support@holdemmanager.com with a link to this thread and your forum name.

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support?

Fozzy71
Customer Support

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Customer support,

I still have the issue as explained in previous posts on this thread. The issue is exactly the same as the one described by player Auschatz here : http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gen...-stats-not-all-hand-historys-please-help.html

I cannot describe the problem I have better. I have posted on HEM forum, but I can't get any reply that helps. I only get copies of past posts from some other threads, which I have already checked, and which seem unrelated with the fact that postgreSQL adds |2 to my player's name in postgreSQL.
I use the very most standard configuration : all default settings, win 7, pokerstars, one player account etc...

Can you PLEASE help to solve that issue ??

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you ever contact us via mail as we told you before?

Another thing you can try first:
- please make sure your computers date and time are set correct
- please make sure Pokerstars is running in english language (the whole program, not only the handhistories)
- create a new database
- reimport all your hands and summaries from c:\hm2archive
- try new SnGs

If that doesn't help we really need to take a deeper look into your system. You should send us your log file for a beginning: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support?

C

Cokatoo56

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you ever contact us via mail as we told you before?

Another thing you can try first:
- please make sure your computers date and time are set correct
date and time are set correct
- please make sure Pokerstars is running in english language (the whole program, not only the handhistories)
it was installed in english (first step in the PS installation process)
- create a new database
I tried that in HEM2, the result was that I just duplicated the problem
- reimport all your hands and summaries from c:\hm2archive
- try new SnGs
I tried removing the |2 in the settings in postgreSQL, then exiting HEM2, and re-opening HEM2. HEM2 will rewrite the new player's name as player's_name|2 in postgreSQL

If that doesn't help we really need to take a deeper look into your system. You should send us your log file for a beginning: http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support?
yes, i just sent ! thanks

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Customer Support/HM2 rep,

I downloaded the 30 days HM2 free-trial a little less than a month ago. Everything was working smoothly until today... I opened my HM2 and I suddenly got this message: "Cannot connect to the license server. You can run HM2 offline only with a purchased license."

I tried going to the HM2 website and even went to Pokersoftware.com in order to purchase a license. But, none of the Holdem Manager related sites will open. I checked on my internet connection to see if it's an internet problem but it's not that. Heck, not even HM Cloud will open. I don't know what to do with this issue. I was starting to like HM2 and all its cool features but if I can't open the site I wont be able to buy it lol. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Customer Support/HM2 rep,

I downloaded the 30 days HM2 free-trial a little less than a month ago. Everything was working smoothly until today... I opened my HM2 and I suddenly got this message: "Cannot connect to the license server. You can run HM2 offline only with a purchased license."

I tried going to the HM2 website and even went to Pokersoftware.com in order to purchase a license. But, none of the Holdem Manager related sites will open. I checked on my internet connection to see if it's an internet problem but it's not that. Heck, not even HM Cloud will open. I don't know what to do with this issue. I was starting to like HM2 and all its cool features but if I can't open the site I wont be able to buy it lol. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

This problem was beyond our control but should be resolved now.

HM received notification of an availability impacting event beginning at approximately 8:23PM ET last night. We were immediately in contact with an upstream vendor and are working with them to resolve the issue. Further, we already have in our strategic plan initiatives which will eliminate this class of problem in the future.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

Theromeo2k

Theromeo2k

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This problem was beyond our control but should be resolved now.

HM received notification of an availability impacting event beginning at approximately 8:23PM ET last night. We were immediately in contact with an upstream vendor and are working with them to resolve the issue. Further, we already have in our strategic plan initiatives which will eliminate this class of problem in the future.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

Ok, thanks for the help.