Official Hold'em Manager Support Thread

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep having the same issue with Carbon Poker.

It's setup properly, the hands, are being imported properly, the buy-in is a different story all-together.

Some games, It doesn't even import It to Holdem Manager, yet the Hud still works.

Other games, the buy-in registers at $540, yes $540, now I edit, as you suggested too deal with the Issue. Some-times It works, other times It refuses to work, no matter what I do, no matter how many times I re-edit, It will stick too $540.

I can assure you I do not play $540 games, and I've been having this issue only with Carbon Poker, no other site.

Plz help me out too figure this.

Another Issue lately I've seen, Is that HM2 keeps crashing during games, over and over and over, and I don't know why this is happening.

I've deleted It, and got rid of every single database I had and had to restart over again, and yet still having the issue with the new Down load.

Last edited:
naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also add tell me why It's saying this now, and how too also fix this issue plz and thanks.

Last edited:
HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Official HM Representative
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep having the same issue with Carbon Poker.

It's setup properly, the hands, are being imported properly, the buy-in is a different story all-together.

Some games, It doesn't even import It to Holdem Manager, yet the Hud still works.

Other games, the buy-in registers at $540, yes $540, now I edit, as you suggested too deal with the Issue. Some-times It works, other times It refuses to work, no matter what I do, no matter how many times I re-edit, It will stick too $540.

I can assure you I do not play $540 games, and I've been having this issue only with Carbon Poker, no other site.

Plz help me out too figure this.

Another Issue lately I've seen, Is that HM2 keeps crashing during games, over and over and over, and I don't know why this is happening.

I've deleted It, and got rid of every single database I had and had to restart over again, and yet still having the issue with the new Down load.

Merge does not provide information as to the buyin or winnings. You will need to use the default tourney buyin - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/50/Hand+Importing+{47}+Tourney+Defaults

and edit the tournaments previously played - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/que...rnaments{47}+Tournament{47}+Tournament+Editor

udbrky
Customer Support

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also add tell me why It's saying this now, and how too also fix this issue plz and thanks.

This indicates that something is blocking the connection to our server.

This is most likely either an antivirus or firewall, or a proxy setting. Please see this FAQ to fix AV issues - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1052/Windows+Firewall+{47}+Defender+Problems#7881

Please see this FAQ to alleviate any security bottlenecks - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/2561/Set+Correct+Permissions+on+files+and+folders+HM2+use

Even if you have not changed the Proxy settings, another program may have. Please see this FAQ for more information:
http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/881/I+Can+Not+Activate+or+Register+Holdem+Manager#proxy

If you continue to have trouble, please follow the steps at the end of the FAQ to send a log file.

udbrky
Customer Support

R

riccja

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
HM2, Note Caddy Premium, Bovada

I have been using the above with the Bovada hand catcher and everything is working out great except for one problem.

The Note Caddy will not show notes unless I am seated at the table. So Bovada allows four tables to be open and I can have a HUD on all four without sitting at the table. That will give me an idea which table to sit at and an idea of the players sitting there.

Is there a setting that needs to be changed to allow the notes to show up when I am not sitting at the table?

Thanks

Rick

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We do not support Bovada natively so we can not provide tech support for problems you might have when using 3rd party software to add support for unsupported sites. You will need to wait for the BCC support team to reply to your duplicate post I just saw.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

Lostmyhouse

Lostmyhouse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HM2 is showing crazy EV.

I am playing tournaments (180turbo 0.5dollars on pokerstars) and i am using Holdem manager 2 while i do it.

My software is showing some crazy stuff, if i put the hands in SNG wizard or ICIMIZER i get the obvious, that this is a clear push, still my holdem manager is counting this as a -EV decision, which destroys my overall EV and making it pretty hard for me to relay on what HM2 tells me.

Here is a AK hand, i am on the BB and last middleseat pushes 3.3bb. Everybody else folds and i am in BB with AKo and i call.. one of the most clear examples i could find, HM2 mark this as a -cEV decision.. http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/6737847

What exactly is going on with my HM2?

Thanks

Lostmyhouse

Lostmyhouse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nobody who got a idea about my problem?
Thanks

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am playing tournaments (180turbo 0.5dollars on Pokerstars) and i am using Holdem manager 2 while i do it.

My software is showing some crazy stuff, if i put the hands in SNG wizard or ICIMIZER i get the obvious, that this is a clear push, still my holdem manager is counting this as a -EV decision, which destroys my overall EV and making it pretty hard for me to relay on what HM2 tells me.

Here is a AK hand, i am on the BB and last middleseat pushes 3.3bb. Everybody else folds and i am in BB with AKo and i call.. one of the most clear examples i could find, HM2 mark this as a -cEV decision.. http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/6737847

What exactly is going on with my HM2?

Thanks

All-in EV is not the same as a +/- EV situation.

Watch this video - http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/120/EV+Explained

**CASH EV**

What EV can do / how it can be used:
Any allin situation, before the river, where a player has at least one "out" results in a EV $ Diff.
$Won + EV $ Diff = $USD EV
(AA vs KK is the most fun example... AK vs QQ is the most common "coinflip")

The "problem" what some people don't understand:
A: If a player has 0 outs, or
B: the allin situation takes place on the river there is NO EV DIFFERENCE.
C: If a shortstack goes allin preflop, and is called by two bigstacks. And the two bigstacks continue to bet on the flop, turn or river, this situation is treated as situation B. (EV = 0)
Fozzy AHK: "You can't calculate all-in equity if you don't know the hands you are up against."
D: If you commit 80% of your stack with the best hand, but your last 20% goes allin with the worst hand, the $EV Difference will be calculated by your entire stack.

Why "EV by street" (which people who often see situation D want) is a bad thing:
Best explanation here - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/3rd-party-programs-compatible-holdem-manager/16665-enter-sect-7.html

Summary of that thread:
Example:
- you have AA, you raise to 80% of your stack, donkey calls, flop comes K83 rainbow.
- you then go all-in, no matter the flop, because you're committed.
- out of 100 times, 88 times donkey folds.
- 12 times donkeys calls with a set (33/88/KK).
What shall EV by street bogusly do? It shall do no computations for the 88 times where donkey folded--> "no more calculation".
What shall EV by street do the 12 times where donkey calls with a set? "Show that donkey sucked out and that you got unlucky".

So although you ran obviously uber-good by having donkey folding 88 times out of 100. EV by street focuses on the 12 times where donkey hit his set and tells that you're running below EV.
This is a well-known gambler fallacy. And this is why "EV by street" is completely bogus and should not be implemented.

Note: Tristanblue writes "it's precisely because EV by street does nothing to your adjusted-graph on these cases where the opponent folded that it is completely bogus."
But what if your opponent never folds? Suppose there are two players A and B.
Player A has AA, B has KK. (both have $100 stacks). They commit half their stack preflop and the flop comes AK6. Player B (KK has 1 "out") to win the hand.
If I would play this hand I would always make sure I'm allin on the turn.
However Player X always commits the rest of his stack on the flop and turn *except for one dollar*. And he commits on the river.
Of course, 4% of the time, the rivercard is the case King. Player X's EV Diff is always 0.
My EV Diff is -$4 (96 out of 100 times) and +$96 (4 out of 100 times)
So our EV graph actually looks the same after 100 of these hands.

**TOURNEY EV**

*Single Table Tournaments only (includes: Double or Nothings, Headsup, etc.... excludes: single table satellites!)
*cEV Diff (chip EV difference)....: this works exactly the same as the $EV Won for cashgames.
*$EV Diff (dollar EV difference)
*$Won + SUM $EV Diff = $EV Won
*The same "why EV per street is bad" applies for tourneys too.

-->Confusion: $EV Won vs $USD EV vs EV $ Diff vs $EV Diff vs cEV Diff vs $Won vs Luck Adjusted Winnings vs All-in EV (do we need eight different terms for three different things?)

*In addition: the $EV Won can be confusing when it's negative and a larger number than the actual buyin, or positive and a larger number than the actual first price money.
You have some extreme situations (often in Double or Nothing and in SUPER TURBO SNGs)

Extreme examples:
$169 buyin SUPER TURBO, $Won = $720 (1th place)---> $EV Won = -$196 (a negative value, that is higher than the actual buyin)
$5.20 buyin DoN, $Won = $10---> $EV Won = $11.35 (more than you can actually win)

So EV becomes quite a meaningless number if you focus on one game (or in the "case King hits the river" AA vs KK example on that one hand)
The more you play, the more accurate it gives a representation of your overall "luck".

And it doesn't take into account coolers. There was a program called set-o-meter (worked with PT2) where you could see how often you'd hit a set.
EV doesn't take into account how often (and how much) you win/lose with an overpair against a set (and vice versa).

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/man...tars-double-nothing-ev-calculation-wrong.html

udbrky
Customer Support

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FYI - Just to follow up in regard to my previous issue from a few posts up: https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...nager-support-thread-241059/post-2627720.html , I reformatted my computer, reinstalled HM2 and installed a brand new database. The problem is still the exact same as before. This is clearly an HM2 glitch/issue.

It might be specific to your hands/site as I don't recall ever seeing anyone else report this problem.

Please zip up and email the problem hand histories with details of the issue you are experiencing or a link to the relevant thread and send it to hm2support@holdemmanager.com

All original hands that are auto-imported get moved to an archive for performance reasons. Your \HM2Archive is in C:\HM2Archive by default, but you may have put it anywhere. The archive should be organized by \Month\DayOfMonth e.g C:\HM2Archive\2009\07\31 or if it was auto-imported with v7283+ it would be in C:\HM2Archive\SiteName\YYYY\MM\DD.

When sending any hand history files please zip them (right-click > send to > compressed folder) before attaching them to an email. If the attachment is too big to attach to an email please upload them to a file hosting site like dropbox or filedropper and send us the download link.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just downloaded this to try it out before potentially buying the full version but having a small issue which is probably easily fixed but i cant figure it out :)

when i load up multilpe sit and gos/mtts each table begins with 0 hands on anyone and 0 stats, is there a way previous stats rolled over into your games?

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i just downloaded this to try it out before potentially buying the full version but having a small issue which is probably easily fixed but i cant figure it out :)

when i load up multilpe sit and gos/mtts each table begins with 0 hands on anyone and 0 stats, is there a way previous stats rolled over into your games?

For your own stats:

HM is designed to only show your session stats at that table as we felt it was a lot more useful for a couple of reasons:
1) A lot of people will have a huge amount of stats on themselves so it avoids performance issues having to crunch numbers to show these for yourself
2) A lot of regulars are very aware of their own stats and when you have a lot of stats accumulated it would take a huge swing to for the stat values to change with bigger samples
3) Its much more beneficial to see your session stats to get an idea of how aggressive or passive people will see you since you sat at that table. (again even if its against a reg you'll know yourself your overall image or at least you should)
4) You can easily check your overall stats in the reports section to remind yourself of any stats but again most people know their stats pretty well.

For your opponents it should show their lifetime (past 12 months) stats if you have not edited the default HUD Settings > HUD/Tournament Filters. If your opponent's stats are resetting at each/new table:

Make sure the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > [ ] 'Use session stats' is disabled.

Make sure that the HUD Settings > General Settings > Common Settings > Min hands: is set to '0'.

Make sure that the HUD Settings > Stat Appearance > Min samples: is set to '0' for each and every stat in your HUD if your issue is missing stats.

Make sure that your HUD Settings > HUD Filters are all set to '2 to 10' and that both check box options under Filter by limits are checked [x].

Make sure the HUD Settings > Tournament Filters are all set to '1 to 81+'. Changing these filters to anything other than their default settings will make the HUD Stats change drastically based on the number of players at the table and/or their stack sizes in tournaments.

If that doesn't fix the issues, please reproduce the problem and attach a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm - showing the HUD, the Report for one of the selected players with the problems, and pictures of the HUD Filters and Tournament Filters and attach a log file as explained in this FAQ - http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/1921/How+Do+I+Send+a+Log+File+to+Holdem+Manager+Support?

Fozzy71
Customer Support

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the quick reply, got the issue sorted out.

I do have another question though, is there a fold to 3 bet stat? Couldn't find one but maybe it's worded differently?

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is in Vs 3bet - Tot fold vs 3bet.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it is in Vs 3bet - Tot fold vs 3bet.

Cool thanks for all your help, one last question is about the aggression factor. .......

What are the advantages of knowing this number?

So far I've come across a range of 0-8 with this stat and i'm just wondering how to use this info to my advantage, now what I'm thinking is if it's as high as 8 then possibly these players would be ideal to just cold call alot to let them continue to fire into you to pick up a nice pot whereas when it's on the lower side of the spectrum you wouldn't be wise to expect them to bet into you/bluff or even semi bluff? Would my thinking be along the right lines there?

What would a good AF be?

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So is there support for fullflush?

We do not support the Equity Poker Network that they are a part of. We do not have any short term plans to add any new networks at this time. When we decide to start adding support for more new networks again it will be done based on current pokerscout rankings and the popularity of the ticket in our system for the network.

If you want to be notified when it is added please send an email to support@holdemmanager.com and include "Notify Me When 8128 Is Resolved" in the subject line and body of the email.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90% sure that i will be purchasing HM2 within the next week or so would just like some clarification of a few of the aspects about purchasing.

once i buy HM2 and receive the "code", how long does this code last for?

would it be usable on multiple computers either at the same time or one after another? ie. a computer breaks and you have to get a new one, will the code you purchased work on the new computer?

is it a one off payment for life?

they're just the important questions that come to mind at the minute :)

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
90% sure that i will be purchasing HM2 within the next week or so would just like some clarification of a few of the aspects about purchasing.

once i buy HM2 and receive the "code", how long does this code last for?

would it be usable on multiple computers either at the same time or one after another? ie. a computer breaks and you have to get a new one, will the code you purchased work on the new computer?

is it a one off payment for life?

they're just the important questions that come to mind at the minute :)

Your license is good for the life of the product. By way of example we released HM2 in November of 2011 yet continue to provide critical updates to existing features in HM1 until April of 2014. We haven't released any HM1 updates since then but some customers continue to use HM1 without issues on some sites.

The same code can be used on 2 pc's you own at once and can be reset as often as needed. Please try using our site to retrieve/reset the code whenever necessary - https://www.holdemmanager.com/store/login.php

It is a one time purchase. Some of the Apps have subscriptions but the main HM2 product does not.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your license is good for the life of the product. By way of example we released HM2 in November of 2011 yet continue to provide critical updates to existing features in HM1 until April of 2014. We haven't released any HM1 updates since then but some customers continue to use HM1 without issues on some sites.

The same code can be used on 2 pc's you own at once and can be reset as often as needed. Please try using our site to retrieve/reset the code whenever necessary - https://www.holdemmanager.com/store/login.php

It is a one time purchase. Some of the apps have subscriptions but the main HM2 product does not.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

Thank you for your quick response.

I'd just like to know one more thing before going ahead with the transaction.

Your 1st line of the reply "your license is good for the life of the product", could you expand a little further on this statement please?

To me I read that in a way that would mean theoretically if you were to shut up shop and no longer provide the product next week that we would no longer have access to the HUD and so will have lost our investment.

Would I be right in this way of thinking or am I completely off track?

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for your quick response.

I'd just like to know one more thing before going ahead with the transaction.

Your 1st line of the reply "your license is good for the life of the product", could you expand a little further on this statement please?

To me I read that in a way that would mean theoretically if you were to shut up shop and no longer provide the product next week that we would no longer have access to the HUD and so will have lost our investment.

Would I be right in this way of thinking or am I completely off track?

Theoretically you are correct but the chances of that happening are insanely slim as we are a big company with a lot of employees (our parent company owns PT4 and HM2 as well as other poker related companies). As long as the HM2 licensing server is online you will be able to use the product. Much like we went from HM1 to HM2, eventually there will be an HM3. We will continue to support HM2 and provide critical updates for some time after the release of HM3 similar to the way we did for HM1 as I explained in the previous post. Many HM1 users are still using HM1 today even though HM2 was released 3.5 years ago. You will be able to use HM2 as long as you like but eventually we stop updating it for site updates and the site you play could release an update that breaks some of our functionality at their site.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

Last edited:
toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok thank you very much for your help :)

Is HM3 in production currently or do you have an estimated time of release for this service?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just tight and like to get max value ;)

HoldemManager

HoldemManager

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HM3 is in the earliest alpha stages of development with only 1 developer working on it. It is a long way from beta or release stages. There is no ETA for when HM3 will be released as our priority right now is HM2 bug fixes and working towards a release of HM Cloud.

Fozzy71
Customer Support

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks for all your help Fozzy71. i went ahead and purchased it today :)