Chips
you can have pokertracker hud free trial, its amazing

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
at micro stakes the ridiculous rake will eat you alive . at bigger levels too many players have HUDs , and instant access to your recent history . some probably are using online tools that show flop odds for all kinds of possibilities and even suggest the best mathematical move or bet size ! are the later banned + cheating ? who knows , and can the poker sites detect them ? one could easily have the calculating machine /solver on a 2nd computer or phone and nobody would be able to tell . you might not be able to do that with 12 tables, but 2 or 3 would not be hard . if you play MTT's , your opponents make look up your SharkScope rating and have info about your losses or win rates, etc . any recreational player who is below par in the tech department is probably doomed . perhaps there is some middle level action that can be beaten by an amateur , but I am not sure about that anymore .
}

I was thinking exactly that, poker rooms can analysis your computer while playing (you did click OK on the TOS, so, yes, THEY CAN) but if you have another differrent device thats a way people are cheating with ICMizer, PIO Solver, and so...

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If huds were cheating why do all the best pros use it now if available?
Check out the streamers on twitch they all use them. And they all make their living
playing on line poker.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HUD helps a poker player to have information about his opponent. It is still a form of cheating. Those who use it have advantages and those who don't use it are at ease.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every one has an opinion and grounds that opinion within their own frame work of what they "think" is right and wrong. Whatever.

The Formula1 example by Trillian is "spot on", though I don't know anything about racing I assume her analysis is valid. However, the comparison as she laid it out is "spot on".

For me I look at it like one would look at the stock market. (I am not a broker but have supported numerous financial institutions during my career in IT).

If you are a day trader, and you buy and sell stocks you have to do a ton of research in order to give yourself an edge. If you purchase tools to help with that it will cost you a small fortune but it still will not guarantee success. Though you won't have to scour google searches and various websites to find information about a company or stock you are interested in.

If you pay for a "Bloomberg terminal" (or any of its high end competitors) you have access to information earlier than many traders that don't use these expensive tools. It's expensive as in more than $1500-$5000/mo and its certainly not cheating. Your knowledge and skills in how to intepret the data it provides is what counts.

But Bloomberg and its competitors (there are plenty out there) offer that data in an extremely timely and condensed format. So that someone that is knowledgeable can use to their advantage.

What they do is give the user easy access to trusted news, data, and analytics, all filtered by relevance to your exact needs, and displayed in a highly visual way that's easy to grasp and act on.

Sound familiar? The sentence can be applied to a HUD as well if you leave the "trusted news" phrase out.

Anyway, I doubt this will change anyone's mind, but there is always reality and what we think, and sometimes they simply do not line up.

M

masha535

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HUD (head-up display ) This is a unique tool for online poker compared to live games. It serves to display data about your opponents in real time. Poker is a game of information, and the more information we have, the better the game we can demonstrate. But, the availability of information is useless until you know how to interpret it correctly. But I am not a supporter of the use of such programs. I think this is wrong and unfair. It's something like that ... a scam. I think you need to play with your own head without using any programs.

T

tweezer_reraise

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went back and forth with HUDs. Initially i am not a fan and would prefer that no one uses them...

that being said: I play on ACR, HUDs are allowed there, and I determined if I am going to be playing on ACR without a HUD then I would essentially be playing at a disadvantage. In conclusion, since they are allowed on ACR I installed one. Cant beat em, join em (when legal).

- Tweezer

topcatbrazil

topcatbrazil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The fact is for as long as it is legal you should use it. Because there is no reason not to, since it probably is going to help you and your opponents might use it.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when you play live poker its you and the other poker actors.

But I think that when you use HUD, its a form of cheating because the computer tracks the actors play, style, card range and calculates the odds on your behalf.

It becomes a game for the best AI technology because the unknow information is greatly reduced to make the poker hero's decision making easier.

Secondly does anyone know at what point does the HUD program reads the cards of other pokers actors?

A hud certainly gives you very detailed information that would be hard to pick up without it.

It certainly can offer an advantage over players who are not using a HUD (if it's used correctly)

I would treat it sort of like a performance enhancing drug in sports, but some sites have decided it's a PED that they allow while a few others have opted against it.

As long as everyone who wants to use it can use it I think it's fair. It certainly would be a lot harder to multitable without a hud, perhaps this is one of the reasons why the sites allow them to be used

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I don't think we can talk about be but it' s a good tool especially if you are used to play multi-tables sessions.

S

seraxel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're on a site or playing in a game that prohibits a HUD, using one is cheating.

If you are not on such a site or in such a game, using one is not cheating.

All comes down to the rules.