Computer

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to buy a new computer what do you recommend for playing poker?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Hello!❤
Specifically for playing poker, you will not need anything super-powerful: absolutely any computer or laptop will suit you to play in a browser or to download a poker client.

You need to think: how else do you plan to use it. If as an office option (to print a document, create tables, diagrams, make presentations, use mail), then anyone will do.

If, on the other hand, we are talking about watching videos, downloading movies, installing a lot of programs, installing games that require certain software, storing heavy files and files, then here it is necessary to take the choice a little more seriously: pay attention to the power: the number of cores, video cards, memory capacity, and so on.

I don't understand much myself And I probably don't call everything right😅,but this is what I usually pay attention to.

Moreover, if we are talking about a computer, and not a laptop, then it can always be improved (assembled: that is, stuffed with everything necessary). Usually they do this: they buy something inexpensive as a basis, and only then, like lego, they buy more details (memory cards, video cards, etc.) to improve and make it more powerful.

Also, not so long ago, someone created a similar theme. Perhaps you will find something useful there for you:

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you so much Chica for taking the time to answer my question, I want to buy a laptop of course and install all the poker sites and Netflix. I asked the question to find out which model, the screen what size, and the size of the memory

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Thank you so much Chica for taking the time to answer my question, I want to buy a laptop of course and install all the poker sites and Netflix. I asked the question to find out which model, the screen what size, and the size of the memory
If this is a laptop, then look, that the video card were more powerful and has more memory. Although this can also be purchased and installed additionally. Regarding the manufacturer's company. I think you need to choose what is more affordable for you.

When I bought my pair of laptops, I first looked for good characteristics and an acceptable price, and then looked at the manufacturer's company. If there were several options, I tried to choose a more proven manufacturer.
Lenovo, Asus and HP laptops.
Of course, these are not the best manufacturers, but they are not the worst either.

By the way, now they began to make laptops without a disk drive. I don't really like it because I'm a dinosaur.😱

Diagonal: I have never considered a diagonal less than 15.6. But again, everything always depends on the cost.

I hope that other participants will give you more practical advice.😇 For example, I, too, would be interested to know which diagonal is more suitable for playing at several tables.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm also in need of a better computer, mine is a bit temperamental, if I move it, it stops working.
And besides my computer has no memory, my computer has a vague memory.:ROFLMAO:

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
go for a 17inch screen to enjoy your netflix streams and can have few poker tables without having them overlapping each other, make sure the hard drive is SSD and the ram is 16GB+ just by matching these 3 the rest will follow ;) what is your budget and id suggest 2 or 3 laptops to you )

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you Newzoo that is also important information

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I watch this guy on youtube because one of my hobbies is fixing laptops and this guy does it for a living and I learned a lot watching his channel.

One of the things I have learned is about 90% or more of the broken laptops that come into his shop that he attempts to fix are ASUS laptops, so that may factor into your decision.

As others have said poker sites don't require much in the way of computers.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
from my own experience, i used to have a dell in the past it did last me 9 years of abuse !!! poker and gaming tilt and even throwing and smashing a few times XD the carcass degraded but it always worked perfectly somehow ^^ i could pitch for a dell)

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
thanks for the question and answers, same thing ahead for me too. 😊

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

Many suggest that you don't need anything special for playing online poker. This was true in the past but more recently things have changed (ie. pokerstars is quite a resource hog now and many will experience LAG issues on there because their computers aren't powerful enough or too outdated).

I'd suggest an Intel i5 processor would be adequate... with onboard graphics (no video card or graphics card should be needed... this is really only needed if you intend to play video games on your computer).

Ram - 8GB would probably be the minimum these days.

For laptops, I've had many DELLs and never had an issue with any of them. (I've also had HP, Acer, Toshiba, & Sony). For desktop tower I prefer to build my own but my partner does have a DELL (8yrs. old) that I've modified quite a bit and it has been excellent for her. Keep in mind, most computers can't be upgraded very easily or may already be maxed out. If you're hoping to be able to do this in the future, be sure the computer is able to be modified/upgraded.

T

Tato Ivan

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If this is a laptop, then look, that the video card were more powerful and has more memory. Although this can also be purchased and installed additionally. Regarding the manufacturer's company. I think you need to choose what is more affordable for you.

When I bought my pair of laptops, I first looked for good characteristics and an acceptable price, and then looked at the manufacturer's company. If there were several options, I tried to choose a more proven manufacturer.
Lenovo, Asus and HP laptops.
Of course, these are not the best manufacturers, but they are not the worst either.

By the way, now they began to make laptops without a disk drive. I don't really like it because I'm a dinosaur.😱

Diagonal: I have never considered a diagonal less than 15.6. But again, everything always depends on the cost.

I hope that other participants will give you more practical advice.😇 For example, I, too, would be interested to know which diagonal is more suitable for playing at several tables.
My PC has a 32-inch screen, I'm not going to change. Poker tables, read without problems (4-8).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Many suggest that you don't need anything special for playing online poker. This was true in the past but more recently things have changed (ie. Pokerstars is quite a resource hog now and many will experience LAG issues on there because their computers aren't powerful enough or too outdated).

I'd suggest an Intel i5 processor would be adequate... with onboard graphics (no video card or graphics card should be needed... this is really only needed if you intend to play video games on your computer).

Ram - 8GB would probably be the minimum these days.

For laptops, I've had many DELLs and never had an issue with any of them. (I've also had HP, Acer, Toshiba, & Sony). For desktop tower I prefer to build my own but my partner does have a DELL (8yrs. old) that I've modified quite a bit and it has been excellent for her. Keep in mind, most computers can't be upgraded very easily or may already be maxed out. If you're hoping to be able to do this in the future, be sure the computer is able to be modified/upgraded.

Also:
I'd go with a non-touch screen.
And I would go with a 16" screen (or possibly 15". 17" is not a common size for Dell these days, it's typically 13, 14, 15 or 16"). You'll pay more for the 13 & 14" models. 15" are the standard size and will likely get the best deal on this size. Also, a 17" isn't as easy to cart around with you if you intend on taking it with you (I do have a 17" laptop though, but also have a 15"... and am in the market for another 'new' one... I'll be going for 14" or 15" as I'm getting it for when I'm travelling).

IF you're just going for 1 computer, I personally would ALWAYS choose a desktop/tower. They are typically more upgradeable and don't have some of the issues you might experience with some laptops (heat issues, battery wearing out quickly & not holding much of a charge).

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
(Cdn. $ prices at Dell)
A 15" & 16" both with i5 processor, 12GB & 16GB ram, non-touch screen, onboard graphics (no Vid. card required)

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 9995.png
    ScreenHunter 9995.png
    122.5 KB · Views: 6